Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 PM

42 posts, read 75,494 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I will be in Vegas this weekend for a competition and Saturday also happens to be my birthday. I am looking for a good birthday restaurant on the strip. Nothing too expensive because there will be a few of us. I would like to stick around low $30's per entree. So what's your favorite restaurant on the strip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 10:46 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,876,576 times
I normally wouldn't drive all the way to the strip for a moderately priced meal, so I don't have that many suggestions. Mon Ami Gabi might be a good choice in your price range, and a fun location for your birthday meal.

Actually, since you're not going to be getting fine dining, you might want to choose a location that has a fun atmosphere and decent food. Something like a moderately priced restaurant inside the Forum Shops or the Grand Canal Shoppes where you can people watch, like Trevi.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:07 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,024,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myladeybugg View Post
Hey guys,

I will be in Vegas this weekend for a competition and Saturday also happens to be my birthday. I am looking for a good birthday restaurant on the strip. Nothing too expensive because there will be a few of us. I would like to stick around low $30's per entree. So what's your favorite restaurant on the strip?
At low $30s per entree, it would be Bouchon for me. Most of the entrees are $28-37, with only the veal chateaubriand going over $40. Best value in Las Vegas, if you ask me. It's also the least expensive way on Earth to try the best chef in America's food.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:00 AM

579 posts, read 999,713 times
As crazy as it sounds the R Steakhouse at Riviera is really good and in that price range. It is just a small step below the fine dining quality. The salads are not so great but everything else is excellent and fair priced comparatively.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:04 AM

65 posts, read 85,658 times
Excalibur buffet!

Old 07-12-2012, 02:16 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,024,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
As crazy as it sounds the R Steakhouse at Riviera is really good and in that price range. It is just a small step below the fine dining quality. The salads are not so great but everything else is excellent and fair priced comparatively.
OK. But Bouchon showcases the cuisine of Thomas Keller, who is routinely ranked as one of the best chefs in the world. Why on Earth go for "almost" when you can get "wow" for just a little more? I'd send the OP to the restaurant where I cook. But our entrees start at $50 and top out at "you've got to be kidding me." Yeah, our food is that good. But at the $30 price point, there's no better place in Las Vegas than Bouchon. Take it from a line cook who has eaten at every Michelin-starred restaurant on the strip...

Old 07-12-2012, 04:44 AM

11,179 posts, read 16,054,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myladeybugg View Post
Hey guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
At low $30s per entree, it would be Bouchon for me.
My wife's birthday also is Saturday.

Another good reason to go to Bouchon is that (as I'm sure the OP knows) Saturday is Bastille Day. I wouldn't be surprised if Bouchon has something special on its menu in celebration.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,155,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
OK. But Bouchon showcases the cuisine of Thomas Keller, who is routinely ranked as one of the best chefs in the world. Why on Earth go for "almost" when you can get "wow" for just a little more? I'd send the OP to the restaurant where I cook. But our entrees start at $50 and top out at "you've got to be kidding me." Yeah, our food is that good. But at the $30 price point, there's no better place in Las Vegas than Bouchon. Take it from a line cook who has eaten at every Michelin-starred restaurant on the strip...
One of my brats is doing his externship at Bouchon. He calls Thomas Keller "TK". If you go there and eat oysters, my kid probably shucked them.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:20 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,544,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlyinformative View Post
Excalibur buffet!
troll alert.

There are so many to choose from...

Old 07-12-2012, 10:13 AM

42 posts, read 75,494 times
Thanks for all the suggestions! Bouchon has been on the top of my list. I was thinking of going to brunch there on Sunday to get their french toast that I hear is amazing! Maybe I'll go their for both dinner and brunch!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: