Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 AM

53 posts, read 78,676 times

Advertisements

Biscayne Steakhouse at the Tropicana was one of my faves. Plus it got the fella to eat veggies, couldn't put his fork down. Highly Recommended in my books
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 06:52 PM

104 posts, read 1,074,319 times
I really enjoyed RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay but also Circo at the Bellagio. Circo is fancier and has a $49 3 course meal daily before 6pm, which is very reasonable. Excellent service at both restaurants.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:51 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,401,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
OK. But Bouchon showcases the cuisine of Thomas Keller, who is routinely ranked as one of the best chefs in the world. Why on Earth go for "almost" when you can get "wow" for just a little more? I'd send the OP to the restaurant where I cook. But our entrees start at $50 and top out at "you've got to be kidding me." Yeah, our food is that good. But at the $30 price point, there's no better place in Las Vegas than Bouchon. Take it from a line cook who has eaten at every Michelin-starred restaurant on the strip...
Now there's a little piece of information that I must have missed about the Scooper. Explains a lot of questions I've had like, "how does he know that?"

Still have taken mo'lady to Bouchon, and I hear about it everytime we're near there. We bought some macaroons at the little Bouchon bakery kiosk though and were sorry we didn't but all they had.

There is also a nice Italian restaurant that is half in-half out inside Miracle Mile. Nice place. Not the best "Tally" food I've eaten, but not bad, with good atmosphere and all.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
One of my brats is doing his externship at Bouchon. He calls Thomas Keller "TK". If you go there and eat oysters, my kid probably shucked them.
I hope he doesn't cut his finger and bleed on mine.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
We might have eaten oysters your kid shucked. We were there two months ago and ordered the seafood tower. Way too hot now to eat outside, but in May it was just about perfect. Surprisingly, the shrimp were a little pastey, but everything else was fine.

This was my salad:
OMG! The Tower of Power.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
This past weekend, we ate at Emerils, Mon Ami Gabi, and Rao's. Interestingly, all these are transplants from other cities. I enjoyed all of them, and recommend any of these without doubt. My wife rates restaurants by Cosmos and feels Rao's has one of the best.
If it's famous and works elsewhere it's gonna end up on the Las Vegas Strip, Baby.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Mon Ami Gabi was four blocks from my house in Bethesda, next door to a multiplex independent movie theater that we frequented. We went a few times before or after movies, but it was always meh. As a result, we've never bothered going to the one here in Vegas. In an area known for its restaurants, Mon Ami Gabi has never been considered one of the better ones in Bethesda. Perhaps the one here is better.

Originally Posted by myladeybugg
I ended up going to Julianno Serrano in the Aria. And it was absolutely fantastic! Definitely one of my favorite restaurants. I will make a it a habit to go here every time I visit!

Glad you found a restaurant you like and had a good time on your birthday.
Dat Aria is a nice place man.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:05 PM

On the lower end of the chain, we finally got over to the Road Kill Grill at John Mull's Meats today. OMG! Only problem we ran into was a. we forgot the sauce; b. had to go to Larry's Meats for sausage casing unless we wanted ten miles of pig guts. Got sauce at Larry's/ Now about to try the peach cobbler from Road Kill. I love that place.

Told them I dropped off a deer in 1969 for processing and my late ex-wife failed to pick it up. Asked if they still had it. They didn't.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:27 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,152,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
On the lower end of the chain, we finally got over to the Road Kill Grill at John Mull's Meats today. OMG! Only problem we ran into was a. we forgot the sauce; b. had to go to Larry's Meats for sausage casing unless we wanted ten miles of pig guts. Got sauce at Larry's/ Now about to try the peach cobbler from Road Kill. I love that place.

Told them I dropped off a deer in 1969 for processing and my late ex-wife failed to pick it up. Asked if they still had it. They didn't.
That place is quite the experience, isn't it? I liked the peach cobbler.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:35 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,152,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
If it's famous and works elsewhere it's gonna end up on the Las Vegas Strip, Baby.
That's true, but we get pale imitations of the original flavor and scene, all cleaned up and sanitized for the tourists. For an excellent example, visit Margaritaville in Montego Bay or Ocho Rios Jamaica, and then visit the one here.

Don't get me wrong, I think everyone should visit the LV strip at least once. It has an energy all it's own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: