Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 12:33 PM

74 posts, read 86,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
I have 50% all around 3M Crystalline. The heat/sun reduction specs of the 50% on the Crystalline line are very similar to the 5% ( limo tint ) of standard dyed film. The 3M Crystalline is very pricey but the performance is well worth it.
Where did you get it installed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 12:37 PM

As one poster mentioned, yes, there is a A LOT that goes into window tints. I'm moving to Las Vegas this summer so I'll be looking for a quality tint job for my BMW 3 series. When considering tints, it's important to not get hung up on a certain brand. What I think is more important is the installer. A high end brand that is not installed well will have problems. Most quality installers however do carry the higher end brands. My concerns are heat reduction. I'll go with 40%, and any of the "higher end" brands with good heat reduction provided I find an installer with an outstanding reputation. Does anyone know of a quality installer in town who does superior work with some of the better tint brands out there? Not looking for a good deal, as in my opinion you cannot put a price on the protection and comfort a good tint provides.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:30 PM

13 posts, read 21,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfriend15 View Post
As one poster mentioned, yes, there is a A LOT that goes into window tints. I'm moving to Las Vegas this summer so I'll be looking for a quality tint job for my BMW 3 series. When considering tints, it's important to not get hung up on a certain brand. What I think is more important is the installer. A high end brand that is not installed well will have problems. Most quality installers however do carry the higher end brands. My concerns are heat reduction. I'll go with 40%, and any of the "higher end" brands with good heat reduction provided I find an installer with an outstanding reputation. Does anyone know of a quality installer in town who does superior work with some of the better tint brands out there? Not looking for a good deal, as in my opinion you cannot put a price on the protection and comfort a good tint provides.
DC Auto and Ecotint are both excellent installers and carry high-end film. I just had Ecotint do 40% on my 5 Series and DC Auto did my previous 5.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:03 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,883,096 times
Quote:
When considering tints, it's important to not get hung up on a certain brand. What I think is more important is the installer. A high end brand that is not installed well will have problems.
Sorry, but you're wrong.

The film and installer are equally important. A good installer cannot make a lower performing film perform better. I mean, do you think a good installer can increase the TSER of a window film just by installing it well?

A bad installer can't make a film perform worse, but he can do a shoddy job of installation so that it eventually bubbles and peels.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:58 PM

557 posts, read 795,725 times
Quote:
Where did you get it installed?
In NY. But just go to 3m web site and look up authorized installer. I have 50% and it blocks the heat better than my old dyed tint back in the day. Also most windows come about 90% from the factory. I tested an untreated front window and it read 91%

Old 05-31-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong.

The film and installer are equally important. A good installer cannot make a lower performing film perform better. I mean, do you think a good installer can increase the TSER of a window film just by installing it well?

A bad installer can't make a film perform worse, but he can do a shoddy job of installation so that it eventually bubbles and peels.
You're taking that one sentence out of the context. If you read my entire post you'll see that you said exactly what I said. Hence the reason why I'm looking for a superior installer who carries high end film. A $100 job with high end film will suck. A $400 job with crappy film will suck. You need both quality film and a quality installation job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas