Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 10:29 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,544,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
My wife found a love letter to me from Jennifer Lopez.
Bwahahahaha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 11:44 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,039,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
My wife found a love letter to me from Jennifer Lopez.
You got one too?

Old 11-17-2011, 12:33 AM

430 posts, read 1,313,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Are you referring to Clark County Shooting Park? Those lights stay on all night, perhaps part of the reason why it operates at a loss.
It took me awhile to realize the shooting range was what all that light was at the bottom of the mountain there.

Between the lights from the football fields at Shadow Ridge High School and the Range, I have no idea how anyone who lives over there can tell the difference between night and day. I think it rivals the glow from the strip.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:34 AM

10,864 posts, read 17,020,813 times
So, is there any kind of consensus on this mystery noise?

Old 11-17-2011, 08:50 AM

233 posts, read 498,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
Are you referring to Clark County Shooting Park? Those lights stay on all night, perhaps part of the reason why it operates at a loss.
Guess I am! lol Good to know what the lights finally are

Scoop, I still have no idea what it was.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,467,234 times
I typed in 'house rattle' to see what would come up, because my mom and I are baffled as to what happened here in Beverly Hills, FL (no, not CA) a couple of weeks ago. It was around 7PM. I was in one room and she in another with the TV on. I first thought something jumped across the roof, directly above me. It sounded like a person stomped three times. It was a quick: boom, boom-boom. This neighborhood is so quiet, I immediately thought the cat must have tried to jump up on a shelf in the garage. I checked and she was asleep in the livingroom. I asked my mom if she heard it, but she didn't as the TV was pretty loud. I then walked out to see if someone was on the roof. I saw no one and then walked to the street to get the mail out of the mailbox and far off in the distance, behind the house there were large boom sounds. They were quick. I tried to figure what it could be to pound the roof like that. Every so often, in about a 5 minute period, the booms would happen again. The last time I heard it, I stood in front of the house, several feet away from the garage, which juts out farther than the house as my mom stood in the doorway. We both heard the boom again and I noticed how obvious at that point...the house was rattling. It is normally so quiet out there. It came from the east and slightly south, which could put it at Cape Canaveral. We checked all around the neighborhood and there was no roadwork anywhere that evening. I didn't notice the neighbors house on either side making noise, but the one I was standing closest to. The next day, as I was out and about, I heard no mention of it. My mom has been here 8 years and has never heard it before. I am here (from CA) for only a couple of months and I know it was no earthquake. It was definitely some sort of air wave, for sure. No, no planes were overhead. It was a perfectly clear sky, except for when we got back from driving the neighborhood, I noticed clouds above. Makes me wonder if the clouds were because of the booms, because the sky quickly became dark and stary again. Seems if there is testing going on, residents should get some kind of warning....and oh, by the way...your house is going to rattle...pay no mind.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:11 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,536,967 times
I just went blind.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:36 PM

1,063 posts, read 2,467,234 times
Me too. I'm in the wrong forum.

Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,650,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I just went blind.
Didn't your MOTHER warn you about THAT??

Jonathan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas