Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:09 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,179,609 times
Anyone ever go to Red Rooster or Green Door. Maybe that could be an alternative....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 12:28 AM

4,539 posts, read 10,647,550 times
It's funny.....

I had a talk with a guy at one of the poker tables I played at this weekend. I'm guessing he's mid-late 40's and we were just kinda talking about the goings on around the poker room, in particular how I observed one guy there using the bathroom as a shower, which struck me as odd since some reasonable accomodations in Las Vegas are so low priced that it makes no sense one would have poker money, but not money for shelter. Anywho, the conversation took a slight turn and we started talking about how theres a subset of guys in Vegas that simply lose social skills...that even if they are set up on dates, they forget how to properly interact with women alltogether and would mess up the date under any circumstance. That not only is the imbalance in gender population an issue, but so is the simple act of dating itself...that a guy might be so burned on women, and Las Vegas offers so many alternative forms of entertainment, that there are a lot of men who simply give up and as a result find themselves totally unable to interact on a social dating level with women.

On another note...I'm no dream, but I am ok put together. Many of the local women(mostly the hostesses and waitresses at the restaurants we ate at...def not the hottie cocktail waitresses) paid enough attention to me this weekend that my gf is now convinced I'm cheating on her. WTF?!?!?! Maybe the Las Vegas guys need to start taking care of business.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:31 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,325,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
had a problem STAYing married but that's another story.
Maybe a little less farting might keep you married longer. (you farting less, not her)

Old 10-12-2011, 08:13 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,168,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Maybe a little less farting might keep you married longer. (you farting less, not her)
Naw the problem was I married.....ladies of a lesser moral character.....

Old 10-12-2011, 09:28 AM

4,539 posts, read 10,647,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I thought women find that endearing

Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,179,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
It's funny.....

I had a talk with a guy at one of the poker tables I played at this weekend. I'm guessing he's mid-late 40's and we were just kinda talking about the goings on around the poker room, in particular how I observed one guy there using the bathroom as a shower, which struck me as odd since some reasonable accomodations in Las Vegas are so low priced that it makes no sense one would have poker money, but not money for shelter. Anywho, the conversation took a slight turn and we started talking about how theres a subset of guys in Vegas that simply lose social skills...that even if they are set up on dates, they forget how to properly interact with women alltogether and would mess up the date under any circumstance. That not only is the imbalance in gender population an issue, but so is the simple act of dating itself...that a guy might be so burned on women, and Las Vegas offers so many alternative forms of entertainment, that there are a lot of men who simply give up and as a result find themselves totally unable to interact on a social dating level with women.

On another note...I'm no dream, but I am ok put together. Many of the local women(mostly the hostesses and waitresses at the restaurants we ate at...def not the hottie cocktail waitresses) paid enough attention to me this weekend that my gf is now convinced I'm cheating on her. WTF?!?!?! Maybe the Las Vegas guys need to start taking care of business.
Spot on.

A lot of people blame their dating woes(or lack of) on the city. They don't stop to even consider that it maybe its themselves. Blaming an entire city is the easy way out. You got to also remember that the world is changing. More women are working, more people are online, multiple ways of commuting, interracial dating, cougar dating...etc.

The world is small. Especially with all the social networking going on.

Before I got stationed in Utah for two years I was dreading life. I anticipated Utah was going to be my worst assignment ever. I was trying to do ANYTHING to get out of my orders. I was also leaving Italy which didn't help either. I figured not being Mormon and being a minority(less than 1% black people live in Utah) was going to work against me.

Turns out that Utah was not a bad place at all. Great for out door activities and a pretty vibrant dating scene. Not the best compared to all the other places but I had fun. A mix of local bars/clubs with some social networking(Myspace days) made things possible. I made more civilian friends than military. That usually never happens. The only downside to Utah was the snow. I will never go back because of the weather.

Also have to add that having good friends(maybe even associates) helps with healthy dating. Its not just the recommendations, hook-ups, advice, guys/girls night out. Its all about the socializing scene, conversations and having people to talk to. When I meet someone who says that they cant find the right person. I always ask about their friends hooking them up. When they respond that they have no friends..then its got to be deeper than just attracting the opposite sex.

If you cant even make friends locally, it may be just as hard with a significant other.

Old 10-12-2011, 03:29 PM

390 posts, read 380,928 times
I think Yahoo still has a singles section. I moved here in February 1998- a 32 year old single Mom. After a year I was tired of the bars and decided to try Yahoo Singles. I met my husband online in August 1999. We met in person in September 1999 and married in January 2000. December 2000 we had our little girl.

We have been married now for almost 12 years. You just never know but I had to weed out a lot of freaks until we met.

Good luck!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:21 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,087,669 times
Quote:
It's funny.....

If you want to find the most socially inept people on the planet head to the poker room.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:43 PM

2,565 posts, read 2,749,934 times
I read somewhere that Pahrump is the best place to go for dating

Old 10-13-2011, 01:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,325,561 times
Quote:
I thought women find that endearing
We only find it endearing when you go outside, down the street and then fart. As far away from the house as possible. Then come home when you are totally done, and your marriage should stay intact a little longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas