Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 04:23 PM

37 posts, read 174,605 times

Advertisements

Hey guys & girls,

I'm pretty new to Las Vegas and am newly single. Could anyone please let me know how the dating scene is here? I'm a pretty out going guy, 30 years old, and i would say that I'm average looking guy.

Got a few questions for you local Las Vegans.

1) What are the majority of women like here you at meet that you've experienced? Stuck up, Gold Diggers, Flaky, High maintenance, Dis-honest, etc. Yes, i know there are those everywhere you go, but for the most part from your experience, what are they like?

2) My co-worker(s) are always talking about what they got their man/boyfriend/date to buy them, how tall he is, what kind of car he drives, what he does for a living. Are women here that shallow?

3) Where is a good place to meet women?

4) Just like most places, I would assume the hotter the girl is, the more they expect, true? false? More so in Vegas?

I'd love to here your stories...

** And Ladies, I always here that all the good men are taken, really?
Please tell us your stories.....

Old 09-12-2009, 05:05 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyYahoooo View Post
Hey guys & girls,

I'm pretty new to Las Vegas and am newly single. Could anyone please let me know how the dating scene is here? I'm a pretty out going guy, 30 years old, and i would say that I'm average looking guy.

Got a few questions for you local Las Vegans.

1) What are the majority of women like here you at meet that you've experienced? Stuck up, Gold Diggers, Flaky, High maintenance, Dis-honest, etc. Yes, i know there are those everywhere you go, but for the most part from your experience, what are they like? YES

2) My co-worker(s) are always talking about what they got their man/boyfriend/date to buy them, how tall he is, what kind of car he drives, what he does for a living. Are women here that shallow? YES

3) Where is a good place to meet women? NO

4) Just like most places, I would assume the hotter the girl is, the more they expect, true? false? More so in Vegas? TRUE, YES

I'd love to here your stories...

** And Ladies, I always here that all the good men are taken, really?
Please tell us your stories.....
One of the only bad things about Vegas is the dating scene is terrible. Unless you are a hot guy, 6 foot 2, in great shape with a lot of money, forget about it. You will have way too much competition that does fit that bill. I have not ever even gotten one date in this town, unlike Phoenix, and I have lived here 3 and a half years. However, I have met lots of girls on the strip who did like me, but they were always from out of state. I answered all your questions above in bold print.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:50 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Yeah Airics...I keep wanting to explore the LV dating scene but the Admiral says I have to bring her. And she looks a lot better than I do...

Sheeesh.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:42 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
If you want to meet local women, it's not too likely to happen on the Strip or other tourist locations. Everyone is from somewhere else and here to have a good time. All depends on what you want.

I have a friend who doesn't want anything long term. She thinks the Strip is great.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:45 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,336,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
If you want to meet local women, it's not too likely to happen on the Strip or other tourist locations. Everyone is from somewhere else and here to have a good time. All depends on what you want.

I have a friend who doesn't want anything long term. She thinks the Strip is great.
Shouldn't the fact that many people who live in Las Vegas are originally from other areas help the local dating scene (since people have to form new connections and there aren't as many locals who have known each other for years)?

Old 09-13-2009, 03:06 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,041,460 times
I don't think it's hard to meet people. But if you want to date people who actually live here, it's easier to find them in places that aren't filled with tourists. Just increases your odds.

Yes, there are lots of people out there looking for new friends. But, with the economy in the toilet, I think people are spending less and more worried about keeping/getting work than anything else. Of course, if you spend less you are going out less too. When things improve a little a lot of people will be out more.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:16 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
paste 5 hundred dollar bills to your forehead and you'll meet LOTSA of local ladies

Old 09-13-2009, 06:44 PM

37 posts, read 174,605 times
dynimalelv,

LOL, thanks.....I'll give that a try!

Old 09-13-2009, 06:46 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,523,771 times
There are a lot more men than women in Vegas and according to the Pew Survey - its the place men most want to move to. The alternative dating scene in Vegas is really hot- check Craigslist Casual Encounters ( not hookers).

Old 09-13-2009, 06:48 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,869,518 times
I hauled a lot of the steel that went into a new wing on the Old Tropicana in the late 1970's I had made three quick turn arounds from OKC to Las Vegas and I didn't have time to do laundry. I got into the job site on a Friday afternoon and the foreman told me I couldn't unload until Monday morning. I did get a room comped with meals.

I was down to my last clean change of clothes so the first thing on the agenda was finding a laundromat. I found a nice clean place in a shopping mall just a few blocks from the Tropicana. I was the only guy in the place with about two dozen women. Several of the young ladies started asking me questions about my rig. There is nothing like a nice shiny PETERBILT to pick up the ladies LOL.

Of course not everyone has a Peterbilt but places like laundromats, book stores or grocery stores are great places to meet ladies that aren't looking for a Sugar Daddy. I imagine those rules still apply in Vegas.

Happy hunting,
GL2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas