Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,654,258 times

Advertisements

Two houses away from my house is power lines, I will be irradiated by them LONG before the wireless signal from the smart meters kill me.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 10:37 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,172,117 times
I used to wear a 'glow in the dark" watch.....so i'm waiting for my arm to fall off or something.....ALTHO, I did wrap my arm in tinfoil beneath the watch.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:08 PM

787 posts, read 1,779,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaPhysicist View Post
City of Palo Alto just made smart meters illegal for the next 3 years while they investigate. Unfortunately Nevada doesn't have such good consumer advocacy.

So fellow Nevadans, here are some things you can do to protect yourself and your family if you can not prevent installation of a smart meter. (Installing a locked bar or barricade in front of your meter will prevent it from being changed out. But some folks can't manage this.)

First, know that metal sheets or metalized material like a mylar-with-aluminum blanket can be hung on the wall between you and the smart meter that is outside. This will reflect the waves of RF back out and shield you and your family. If you think it is ugly, hang a nice quilt or other artwork on it.

Other shields that work: If your home is stucco, the chicken wire under your siding is shielding you. The wavelength of the RF waves is too large for the chicken wire holes and it will be reflected back.

Aluminum blinds (not plastic though) help so get those in your windows.

The Warm Window material for curtains has reflective aluminized mylar in it, which will reflect the waves back out and shield you.

Metal window screens will work too.

Low-E housewrap (manufactured in Moundhouse) is perfect! We just stucco'd our house and put Low-E underneath. The expense of that was great, but worth it.

You can get reflective paint (expensive).

Remember the smart meter network has RF pulsing through the entire neighborhood, when all houses have the meters installed. Your neighbors' smart meters all send RF to your meter and eachother. The entire neighborhood is awash in invasive and amorphous RF. So, when you walk past a meter you are zapped numerous times a minute.

Chicken wire a few feet in front of your meter or a piece of metal or mylar over the meter (even aluminum foil) will reflect its RF back and prevent it from emitting into your yard. This won't make NV Energy very happy because then your smart meter will obviously not be transmitting your energy use information all the time either.

You know about traditional radio towers and cell towers right? Which are close to residential pretty everywhere, and transmit at powers many orders of magnitude greater than these smart meters. The radiation flux also falls off as the square of distance, so a low power device will yield trivial radiation merely a few feet away from it, especially as compared to the cell phone signals, wifi, etc, that surrounds our daily life.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:11 PM

10,864 posts, read 17,028,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
You know about traditional radio towers and cell towers right? Which are close to residential pretty everywhere, and transmit at powers many orders of magnitude greater than these smart meters. The radiation flux also falls off as the square of distance, so a low power device will yield trivial radiation merely a few feet away from it, especially as compared to the cell phone signals, wifi, etc, that surrounds our daily life.
And lets not forget that we've been bombarded with cosmic radiation since the dawn of time.

But what does ANY of this have to do with Las Vegas?

Old 03-16-2012, 12:51 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,654,258 times
Vegas has a stellar atmosphere!

PS: Originally Posted by NevadaPhysicist Join Date: Feb 2012
1 posts, read 105 times

I don't take advice from a One post tr0ll

Jonathan

Old 04-17-2012, 01:25 PM

11 posts, read 25,349 times
Well its Been over a year since I installed my solar panels...

Figured I would show the results..

Save 200 to 300 Bucks a month on Electricity!! - YouTube

Charles

Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 AM

526 posts, read 834,961 times
Excellent post.
First time I have seen actual data about solar advantages.
Verrry interestilng

Old 04-30-2012, 08:33 AM

930 posts, read 1,821,738 times
just got electric bill for last month. since our smart meter was installed about two months ago, our electrical usage has magically increased 20% !! doesn't bode well for summer time usage..ugh!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 PM

1,825 posts, read 5,320,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
just got electric bill for last month. since our smart meter was installed about two months ago, our electrical usage has magically increased 20% !! doesn't bode well for summer time usage..ugh!
20% more than last year or 20% more than the previous colder months? Is it because you consumed 20% more kilowatts or because you think your meter is defective?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 AM

930 posts, read 1,821,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danknee View Post
20% more than last year or 20% more than the previous colder months? Is it because you consumed 20% more kilowatts or because you think your meter is defective?

based on same months last year. the only usage changes would be weather related year over year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas