Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 PM

11 posts, read 25,333 times

Advertisements

Nope, 6k after all said and done... each panel is a 225. 14 stings of 3. I even installed the patio cover. 50 foot buy 16.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khTppKIob4M
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 07:35 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,862,879 times
I don't know how you got it installed so cheap, even after incentives. One of my direct reports got quotes for a 10kW system in California and before incentives the costs were in the $60,000-$80,000 range. Rebates and tax credits knocked off a little over half the cost - he told me the final cost of the system he chose was $32k.

At $6k for 9kW, everyone should be putting in solar. Payback time would, what, less than five years??? I'd do it today.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:10 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,074,309 times
Regarding 9kW, does that mean the system will produce 9kW maximum? So in ideal conditions, it would produce 9kWh in one hour? or how does the rating system work?

Old 03-02-2011, 10:31 PM

I use to work at Home Energy Systems, in SoCal. They have been working in the Solar Panel industry for over 30 years. When I worked for them I was an Electrician. I got my Panels for just 10% above cost ( Thank god I didn't tell that boss to kiss my rear... ) And installed the system with my current employer and friend Mark Pellicani( ITS Electric ) A few beers, a few extra hours of over time, and it was a pretty easy install.

I live in a 3600 sq ft house... Power bills during the summer would range around 5 to 6 hundred a month. It will pay off for it self in the next two years.

I also do side work out of my home building arcades and touch screen jukebox's. So I can deduct additional 30% off the install off my tax's.

Charles

Old 03-03-2011, 03:07 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,639,977 times
Pretty spoofy!
Where do you live? - From the video you LOOK like you live in Nevada

Jonathan

Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 AM

Live in Summerlin, been here for 10 years.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 AM

1,828 posts, read 5,314,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4CK3R View Post
Live in Summerlin, been here for 10 years.
How long ago did you apply for your solar rebate? I read that state's rebates are exhausted already and the next application period for these rebates won't start until sometime June-September. I also read here that the demand far outweighs the supply for these rebates so you have to be very quick to get it.

When checking Nevada Power's site for the SolarGenerations rebate info I found this statement, "The SolarGenerations program is closed and NV Energy is not accepting applications at this time. Please check this website for program updates. If you would like to receive incentive program updates via email, please fill out the information on the “Contact Us” page"

The only other form of rebate that I found was the federal tax credit that you mentioned. Up to 30% of the cost/installation of your solar system as a tax credit.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 PM

Nevada is in deep ****, they are passing legislation right now because Nevada power has not met the required 25% of renewable energy that the feds require.

They will be opening the flood gates soon.

Last year I applied as soon as I was able over the net, and even tho I had everything thing set up, and sent it exactly at midnight when they were taking the apps, I was still like the 100th person to be approved.... tells me someone has there hands in the cookie jar.

But like I said, they have to reach a 25% of renewable energy or they are in hot water themselves.

Charles

Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,818 times
Quote:
Nevada is in deep ****, they are passing legislation right now because Nevada power has not met the required 25% of renewable energy that the feds require.

They will be opening the flood gates soon.

Last year I applied as soon as I was able over the net, and even tho I had everything thing set up, and sent it exactly at midnight when they were taking the apps, I was still like the 100th person to be approved.... tells me someone has there hands in the cookie jar.

But like I said, they have to reach a 25% of renewable energy or they are in hot water themselves.

Charles
FWIW, it was state legislation that set the 25% target, not the Feds. And they have until 2025 to reach the 25% threshold.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:48 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,844 times
Quote:
I use to work at Home Energy Systems, in SoCal. They have been working in the Solar Panel industry for over 30 years. When I worked for them I was an Electrician. I got my Panels for just 10% above cost ( Thank god I didn't tell that boss to kiss my rear... ) And installed the system with my current employer and friend Mark Pellicani( ITS Electric ) A few beers, a few extra hours of over time, and it was a pretty easy install.

I live in a 3600 sq ft house... Power bills during the summer would range around 5 to 6 hundred a month. It will pay off for it self in the next two years.

I also do side work out of my home building arcades and touch screen jukebox's. So I can deduct additional 30% off the install off my tax's.

Charles

That's awesome. What make/model panels, exactly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas