Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 01:00 AM

16 posts, read 79,842 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Anthem Highlands which is a master planned community here in Henderson. Henderson is a slum??? This is news to me. Were you on Boulder hwy or in another old part of town? Has anyone actually looked at the newer developments and some of the older upscale communities (legacy at Pecos and the 215, for example)??? Granted, Henderson does have a seedy section or two, but give me one town in the WORLD that dosen't??? Nothing is perfect, but Henderson is a great community far enough away from the strip that you aren't caught up in all the weekend traffic and tourists but still have the convience of living close to exceptional dining and entertainment. Summerlin is great, but construction is STILL awful on the 95 and the 215. Getting better, but there is no quick way in or out of Summerlin, which I should point out is not an incorporated city, but a part of Las Vegas... I like having my own city council which deals with a smaller area and is able to poor more money into police, fire, and PARKS and Rec!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2007, 01:46 AM

2,404 posts, read 10,699,860 times
nope, I was in Green Valley Ranch

The Legacy ain't all that great, there's many drug dealers in that neighborhood, its awful to walk around there, even during the day, spend time walking down Wigwam and sitting at the benches...

You are saying that there is no quick way in or out of Summerlin, funny, its worse in Anthem Highlands to get in or out...

Henderson has no exceptional dining, unless you call Applebee's or Carrabba's exceptional, most of the good stuff is on East Trop or East Flamingo or West Sahara...

Old 07-21-2007, 02:30 PM

515 posts, read 1,834,192 times
"its worse in Anthem Highlands to get in or out..."

WHAT?

Based on what? That's just not true.

Old 07-21-2007, 02:54 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Angry View Post
"its worse in Anthem Highlands to get in or out..."

WHAT?

Based on what? That's just not true.
Think I go with the kid on this one. Of all the hard places to get anywhere from Anthem is well up there. You either go out eastern or past the airport to St Rose and 15. Neither is a quick route to anywhere. Vastly easier to get out of Summerlin...

Not that Summerlin is any joy particularly if you want to go to the Strip. But in less than a year...it is gonna be real nice.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:04 PM

A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I went to a 51's game. We were meeting some friends there @ 6:30pm, left our house (Madeira Canyon) @ 6:00pm and made it to the Will Call gates at Cashman @ 6:25. I was surprised we made it that quickly. There really is not that much traffic, the lights change fast and traffic flows really well. Just my opinion.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:27 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,256,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Angry View Post
A couple of weeks ago, my wife and I went to a 51's game. We were meeting some friends there @ 6:30pm, left our house (Madeira Canyon) @ 6:00pm and made it to the Will Call gates at Cashman @ 6:25. I was surprised we made it that quickly. There really is not that much traffic, the lights change fast and traffic flows really well. Just my opinion.

The variabliity is very high. It took me 23 minutes one morning to get from the 215 exit to St Rose. My doctor, who is in the office building there, recommends running all the way up St. Rose to 15 in the rush hour. I think he is nuts...but he swears it is the faster way to get to 15 and 215.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:14 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,320,665 times
I was out in Henderson a couple of weeks ago. There is so much more traffic over there! Took forever to go a few miles. But the view of the strip is beyond compare! Very nice. That is the one thing I've always loved about Henderson. That place has the best views.
The downside in Henderson is the traffic, and it's much hotter than the rest of the valley besides the east side. But the views! And its such a pretty place. So it's a trade-off.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:21 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,401,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
The variabliity is very high. It took me 23 minutes one morning to get from the 215 exit to St Rose. My doctor, who is in the office building there, recommends running all the way up St. Rose to 15 in the rush hour. I think he is nuts...but he swears it is the faster way to get to 15 and 215.
Your doctor isn't Joe Johnson is he?

Old 07-24-2007, 01:24 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,401,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I was out in Henderson a couple of weeks ago. There is so much more traffic over there! Took forever to go a few miles. But the view of the strip is beyond compare! Very nice. That is the one thing I've always loved about Henderson. That place has the best views.
The downside in Henderson is the traffic, and it's much hotter than the rest of the valley besides the east side. But the views! And its such a pretty place. So it's a trade-off.
Old Vegas lounge joke: So you're from Henderson? Let me make you feel at home. Moooo!"

Before US 95 we used to take people up Boulder Highway to impress them with the view coming this way. Also out Lake Mead Blvd. up on Sunrise Mtn.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
10 degrees cooler at my place compared to 215 & Eastern. Not all the areas in Henderson are hotter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas