Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 02:28 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,426,436 times

Advertisements

Oh, one more thing: The late unemployment checks are going to be arriving sometime after tuesday I heard. That will be backed up for awhile as they get them out to everyone. I hope everyone gets theirs.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:11 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,974,310 times
Here are a couple of articles that address just how bad it is out here, the naked truth that no one wants to talk about and if you do bring this up your being negative. People need to know this for many reasons, for instance knowing this you have ask the question what are we going to do about it? How are we going to go about fixing this? And to quit saying that people don't want to work that are unemployment there is more to it than that.

We need to educate people that are thinking of moving here that they need to be prepared and have a cache of money and a plan A and B and C. These times are not what anyone was or is prepared for so we have to think differently when planning out our future.

We as a society have to learn to sacrifice and realize we may not be able to live where we want or do what we want like in the past. We will have to learn to be more conservative in spending and making plans.

Sorry to rant I guess reading these articles really got to me going and I thought by sharing these people may have more of an understanding on what is going on out here.

Click on the two highlighted attachments to view articles:

Couple looks to future after leaving desert homeless camp

Stepanie Tavares
Existing in the open desert around Las Vegas is inconceivable for many people who have sampled its harsh winters and deadly summers. Michelle Brower, who lost her job at a crafts store because of the recession, did it while both homeless and pregnant. It wasn’t an easy life, sleeping in a flimsy nylon tent amid the sometimes terrifying sounds of the city and the desert.

mod interpose: as always, thread drift is occurring. Pinkstring has answered the OP. Thread is closed.

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-25-2010 at 01:04 PM..
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas