Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:20 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,028,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A.Lobo View Post
Overall I believe the worse is over for me. I have a good job, going to school and catching up on bills.
Congratulations D.A., I'm glad that your perseverance has paid off for you.

BTW, you may want to change your profile to indicate that you now live in LV instead of ABQ.

Last edited by MadManofBethesda; 07-25-2010 at 10:20 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 07:10 PM

367 posts, read 1,074,486 times
My house purchase is finally signed, sealed and recorded! It's been almost a year since I applied for pre-approval... and I am really happy to finally be able to move! I will drive out tomorrow morning and pick up the keys!
I can't wait!

A big, big THANK YOU to all of you on this forum, for your opinions, advice and help.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:14 AM

56 posts, read 118,845 times
My wife and I have been here for about three weeks now. My wife loves it here. My response whenever someone ask me how I like it so far is "I'm still adjusting". We received a lot of great advice before we moved and we did a ton of research so we have not had any big surprises yet. Thank you to everyone who offered advice to us.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:02 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times
XYZ....ANY move in July or August will take some adjusting....even for thos of us that LOVE it here....keep adjustin....it gets better [remember...it's a dry heat]

Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 PM

88 posts, read 357,339 times
Here is our update as promised
-We live in apartments in Green Valley and love our surroundings. The noise outside and almost every we go that sounds like an electrified fence surrounding us (Cicadas sp?)and is something to get used to though
-Work is only 10 mins along the 215 off of Warm Springs with very few drivers on the road IMO (what do you guys consider traffic out here?). I grew up in Southern Cali and my wife lived up in the Bay area. So we know traffic. The only thing I have noticed that is an irritant is when drivers hog the RIGHT lane and go very slow too. Hardly anyone is in the left lane.
-My wife is trying to find any job that pays money (has a couple of possibilities). So are we are living very cheaply for now.
-Dealing with the heat has not been as bad as I thought. I have been drinking a lot of water. My wife is used to it. She lived in Fresno with no AC.
-We love how there is soooo much different places to go to for entertainment. Last night we drove through downtown LV and saw the Hooker Safari and Hopping Homeless. (We stayed in our car of course. It was like driving thru the Lion Country Safari in Irvine when I was little )
-We love the cheaper groceries and gas. The prices for groceries are way cheaper then where we lived in Cali. The fruit which are grown in California areCHEAPER here then there. That I simply was astonished with.
-It felt nice to go in the pool at 9pm, come out and not be freezing, but yet almost dry by the time we get back to our apt. Only in Vegas during the summer can you have that happen.

I will post more as we experience more of the LV life.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 PM

194 posts, read 398,327 times
"Hooker Safari and Hopping Homeless." hahaha
Good stuff. Great reads to all who are sharing.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:51 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
That's funny. When i first read "Hooker safari" I thought it was a new show on the Strip.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:43 AM

12 posts, read 27,963 times
I fall into this this category (I started the condo v house thread about a month ago) but although I'm quite new and don't have much to report I hope you'll forgive me! Some of the advice was excellent, so thank you very much to those who posted. I would love to ask plenty more questions but because I don't have much to contribute back, not being a local, I feel a bit bad because I can't add anything to the discussions. Although I have been constantly checking this board for info.

We still have to get a few things to our bank here before we get approved for our loan so it's still early stages. Not to mention not being able to set up a US bank account! BUT it looks like I may be heading to LV late October (yay!) so I can get stuff like that sorted out then and get the ball rolling. Thanks again to the City Data LV community for helping me out. Cheers!

Old 08-11-2010, 01:29 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
That's funny. When i first read "Hooker safari" I thought it was a new show on the Strip.
LOL!...You know you're in Vegas when a new resident goes on a "Hooker safari," and we just think it's a show.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:10 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,162,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chips1984 View Post
I fall into this this category (I started the condo v house thread about a month ago) but although I'm quite new and don't have much to report I hope you'll forgive me! Some of the advice was excellent, so thank you very much to those who posted. I would love to ask plenty more questions but because I don't have much to contribute back, not being a local, I feel a bit bad because I can't add anything to the discussions. Although I have been constantly checking this board for info.

We still have to get a few things to our bank here before we get approved for our loan so it's still early stages. Not to mention not being able to set up a US bank account! BUT it looks like I may be heading to LV late October (yay!) so I can get stuff like that sorted out then and get the ball rolling. Thanks again to the City Data LV community for helping me out. Cheers!
You can repay us with help/info to where ever you are leaving if the time ever comes that we go there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: