Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:02 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,218,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Trying to buy REO's/shorts on a tight timeline just doesn't work even if you have cash. Period.

You can trust me on this one, I know.
I would not go that far. REOs generally yield quickly or not all. I don't think I have seen more than a couple of weeks delay in 30 or 40 of them.

Shorts are more treacherous...but there are tactics...still need 2 or 3 months though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 07:52 PM

194 posts, read 398,327 times
truly great info thx guys.

So wifey and I decided to make cash offers at list price on 3 our agent is telling us are avail. I rather wait a little longer and really like the house.

In the meantime we'll keep looking in that area and keep the offers rolling. Happy we have the Earnest money to tie up.

Cheers!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:04 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,162,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblud View Post
But theyre all freaking short sales, none pre approved by the lenders (or so i've been told). I'm not picky, theyre all new, beautiful and exactly the same. Perfect for our young family.

Should I take a shotgun approach and make higher offers on 4 or 5 at a time? I can't stomach waiting 6 months 1 offer at a time, only to be denied.

I wanted a place in 1 or 2 months.

Why can't this be easier. Any advice on approaches? TIA!

Some of those are not bad.

$134,900
4 Bedrooms
3 Bathrooms

Home Size
1,854 sq. ft.
Lot Size
4,862 sq. ft.
Home Type
Single Family
Year Built
Days on Market
169 days

Last edited by scirocco22; 07-01-2010 at 11:04 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:

So wifey and I decided to make cash offers at list price on 3 our agent is telling us are avail. I rather wait a little longer and really like the house.

In the meantime we'll keep looking in that area and keep the offers rolling. Happy we have the Earnest money to tie up.

Cheers!
You don't have to tie up what they ask for on shorts...

That is as much as you get...you ain't my client.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:52 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
Quote:

Cheers!
your agent told you to offer list... get a new agent.. doubt you're getting any of them... 5-10% over...

Old 07-01-2010, 02:43 AM

Interesting, conflicting advice. He didn't suggest upping the price, but I just did.
Wow, the new bimmer I had planned too just got downgraded to a lower model

Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Interesting, conflicting advice. He didn't suggest upping the price, but I just did.
Wow, the new bimmer I had planned too just got downgraded to a lower model
I don't see any particular reason why you would go over list on the short. You may need to later but not now. If you should get a multiple offer counter you can consider getting more aggresive.

On the REO you do the comps and make a rational offer. It may well go over list.

Shorts are not necessarily listed below fair market. May be. But you need to know what fair market is...

Old 07-01-2010, 07:27 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,007,241 times
i was referring to the reo, not the shorts.. shorts are a pain the arse.. i would never consider waiting months for an answer

Old 07-02-2010, 06:34 AM

So whats a good site to filter out all thse short sales listed? I've made the 3 offers and i'm willing to do a couple more, but not short sales. I'll take whatever bites first.

realtor, google maps and realestate.com don't differentiate short sales well.

Any other good sites to search off?

Old 07-02-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
So whats a good site to filter out all thse short sales listed? I've made the 3 offers and i'm willing to do a couple more, but not short sales. I'll take whatever bites first.

realtor, google maps and realestate.com don't differentiate short sales well.

Any other good sites to search off?
Virtually the only good way is to have your agent set up an auto feed from the MLS. The MLS does differentiate shorts.

Note that you are also rejecting about 80% of the available houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas