Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2013, 02:58 AM

4 posts, read 5,295 times

Advertisements

I am moving in a week to Las Vegas and trying to rent a place from another state to secure housing before I arrive. I keep reading that many nice apartments have roaches. I read this in apartment review websites. this scares me. I feel overwhelmed deciding where to live. so I decided to do a privately owned condo. I need to know is the neighborhood where the condos called Asagio. its at buffalo and vegas drive. is this good? is it an upscale or nice area or is it not as good as summerlin? one more question: I read that seven hills apartments may have roaches or bed bugs. I read the roach thing about Avalon at seven hills, I also read one across the street had a shooting. is that a bad area? are bed bugs prevalent in apartments and condos out there? please help me as I don't have much time left. thank you in advance.:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 07:59 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
That area is fine. Lots of good places to eat nearby. As far as roaches go, here in Vegas we get field roaches in the summer. They are big, but harmless and die off when the weather cools down. Now if a particular property has an infestation of some sort, that's different. In that case you'd just call Bug Bully.

I don't think bedbugs are common.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:11 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,809,438 times
There are less bugs here in LV than other places no matter here you go in the USA bugs are there. I would not get too uptight about here in LV and bedbugs are more prevalent in many more cities than LV. You ill find also sitting outside at night here in LV is almost bug free not like in other areas where you have to put up chicken wire to keep the small ones out So welcome to LV and enjoy

Old 12-18-2013, 08:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,135,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagal View Post
I am moving in a week to Las Vegas and trying to rent a place from another state to secure housing before I arrive. I keep reading that many nice apartments have roaches. I read this in apartment review websites. this scares me. I feel overwhelmed deciding where to live. so I decided to do a privately owned condo. I need to know is the neighborhood where the condos called Asagio. its at buffalo and vegas drive. is this good? is it an upscale or nice area or is it not as good as summerlin? one more question: I read that seven hills apartments may have roaches or bed bugs. I read the roach thing about Avalon at seven hills, I also read one across the street had a shooting. is that a bad area? are bed bugs prevalent in apartments and condos out there? please help me as I don't have much time left. thank you in advance.:-)
Just-re-read your post. Vegas drive and Buffalo is fine. I've worked in the area for ten years. I can't speak to Seven Hills, but I'm told it's very nice.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:14 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,816,792 times
I think you mean Adagio. That is a nice older condo complex. The neighborhood is fine. You can always run into a bug problem but I have never seen one in there. Generally easily controlled if it should happen.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:32 AM

210 posts, read 449,837 times
The area is fine you can rest easy.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:49 PM

4 posts, read 5,295 times
thank you everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: