Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces
 [Register]
Las Cruces Dona Ana County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 09:56 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times

Advertisements

Anthony is probably the halfway point between LC and EP. But it is a very impoverished area. Santa Teresa might be a better choice, but it is probably much closer to El Paso than Las Cruces, and, it is further removed from I-10, which reduces the commute time.

Seeing you are from Northern Michigan, you are probably used to living in a more rural, less suburban area. Therefore, any of the agricultural towns between the two population centers (I am thinking La Union, La Mesa, Chamberino, Berino, etc) might be less of a cultural shock to you than someone coming from a more urbanized area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 PM

3 posts, read 6,293 times
anyone have any info on moving to carlsbad?

any names of rental properties apt or homes?

are there any organic food stores in that area, or large name supermarkets that carry orgs?

how far is las cruces?

thanxxx

Old 10-02-2009, 04:42 PM

864 posts, read 1,719,920 times
What part of northern MI are you from? I came from Boyne City area last year. I like the area of Las Cruces and would probably try to find a spot in Mesilla or Dripping Springs but that wouldn't be optimized in anyway for a commute to El Paso.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:08 PM

4 posts, read 10,519 times
We live in Rudyard, MI 23 miles south of Sault Ste. Marie. Which way is Dripping Springs?

Old 10-03-2009, 11:27 AM

1,399 posts, read 4,178,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
What part of northern MI are you from? I came from Boyne City area last year. I like the area of Las Cruces and would probably try to find a spot in Mesilla or Dripping Springs but that wouldn't be optimized in anyway for a commute to El Paso.
Mesilla suits this Leelanau County guy just fine. A great small town, near enough to all the amenties of LC but not like an LC housing development or subdivision. The freeway is a few minutes away, and El Paso (either downtown or airport) is 45/50 minutes down the road when the need arises.
There really isn't a heck of a lot of choices between LC and EP except Anthony (which I wouldn't recommend) or the very small older towns along Rt 28, which I would recommend you look at. There is housing all along 28, in between pecan groves, and that would get you closer to EP, if that's really a serious issue.
Was your husband working up at the Soo, and driving up from Rudyard? Commuting in New Mexico is much easier than the UP in winter, and I'd be inclined to live up near Las Cruces unless an El Paso commute was a daily certainty. There are some nice housing areas NW of El Paso, but I just like it up north better. EP is too big and bustling for me, though despite what you hear in Michigan it's a safe town.
Welcome to New Mexico, and "Say Ya To Da Sout'west, Eh?"

Hey Sparrow...had lunch at Red Mesa in BC just after Labor Day. Wasn't New Mexico but it was tasty!

Old 03-31-2010, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,908 times
Default I may be moving to your city

I may be moving to your city, I was wondering what the rental situation is like, the average price of an apartment perhaps a 1 bedroom or an efficiency until I can get a feel for the town...Thank you

Old 04-03-2010, 06:29 PM

17 posts, read 25,223 times
Las Cruces is one of the more expensive parts of NM. The good thing is that NM isn't expensive!

Old 04-05-2010, 12:41 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,699,016 times
A "nicer" apt probably runs around $700
Of course, you can get less nice older places for less.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:57 AM

2 posts, read 3,908 times
Thank you very much for your replies, I am being considered for acceptance into a post-graduate program at UNM. The fact that you two were considerate enough to post replies gives credence that New Mexico is a very hospitable place to learnand live, I look forward to visiting the campus this summer. Again thank you

Old 04-06-2010, 05:04 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
UNM or NMSU? If it's UNM you have the wrong town it's in Albuquerque. If you're looking for a cheap place near the uni in Cruces it'll be less than $700. Depending how picky you are of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Las Cruces