Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 2,649 times

Advertisements

Hi TN
I found the Knoxville thread, but could not find one for Vonore. I just moved to Vonore and I love it. Looking for anyone interested in starting hiking or biking or even a yoga club. I'm vegetarian-vegan if that means anything to anyone else. I am learning about the area as I go, but I feel I have learned a little and can provide some personal experience advice about the areas for anyone moving hear or surrounding towns (Madisonville, Maryville, etc).
Also open to getting gardening and landscaping ideas as I have lots to garden here.

That's all and I look forward to chatting with others from the are and that includes the BIG city of Knoxville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 08:40 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,351,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrydoctn View Post
Hi TN
I found the Knoxville thread, but could not find one for Vonore. I just moved to Vonore and I love it. Looking for anyone interested in starting hiking or biking or even a yoga club. I'm vegetarian-vegan if that means anything to anyone else. I am learning about the area as I go, but I feel I have learned a little and can provide some personal experience advice about the areas for anyone moving hear or surrounding towns (Madisonville, Maryville, etc).
Also open to getting gardening and landscaping ideas as I have lots to garden here.

That's all and I look forward to chatting with others from the are and that includes the BIG city of Knoxville.
Hey Doc,
Welcome. You'll have to use the Knoxville chat thread as there isn't one for Vonore that I know of.
So where did you move from?
Pam

Old 05-27-2012, 04:02 PM

48 posts, read 139,143 times
Lightbulb Need help deciding

I'm a CNA who's thinking of transfering, could you tell me which of these two facilities would be in a better area to live and work in, have access to most of the necessities eg. stores, hospital, supermarkets, good colleges for 2 young girls, and have affordable apts/houses to rent to begin with etc.

Homewood Residence at Deane Hill
401 Catherine McAuley Way
Knoxville, TN 37919

Sterling House of Maryville
511 Pearson Springs Road
Maryville, TN 37803

Hoping to make a short trip out that way in July and check out these in person put wanted a bit of info. from anyone who knows these areas in advance. Please tell me your preferences and why???

Old 05-31-2012, 06:58 AM

610 posts, read 1,624,560 times
10 great neighborhoods for childless adults - MSN Real Estate
Downtown Knoxville is mentioned in top neighborhoods for childless adults.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:25 AM

24 posts, read 39,888 times
Now if only they had a list for best cities for a single child, married couple with one stay-at-home parent. Not that I necessarily buy into lists, they're subjective after all, but would not mind having a gander at the one or two geared towards those in my demographic.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoHawkeyes View Post
Now if only they had a list for best cities for a single child, married couple with one stay-at-home parent. Not that I necessarily buy into lists, they're subjective after all, but would not mind having a gander at the one or two geared towards those in my demographic.
That use to be me. Now I'm simply a single parent but I live in Fountain City. However, your demographic and mine would fit into all of North and West Knox.

By the way, there are people with kids downtown and they are quite happy. I'd love to live down there but I just can't afford it. I may have to move and will be interested in West Knoxville since I work over there near the Farragut line. It's very, very family friendly all over Knoxville.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:08 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,698,985 times
If Knoxville was actually awarded an NBA expansion team or relocated team, what would you like them to be called?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:40 AM

6,662 posts, read 13,339,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
If Knoxville was actually awarded an NBA expansion team or relocated team, what would you like them to be called?
The Lady Vols.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:55 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,311,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
The Lady Vols.
Huzzah!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,698,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
The Lady Vols.
Knoxville Oh Noes! sounds better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville