Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 03:06 AM

27 posts, read 59,006 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am currently in Europe with my family (hubby and child), been here over 6 years. I have a house in the KCMO area but do not want to kick out the tenants given that I will need a bigger place. I am looking for a safe, decent furnished apt all utilities paid for a few months until I can find a job in my field. I tried getting transfer with my multinational company and it was nearly impossible so I rather move back to the states and take it from there, I think the transatlantic relocation is a big disadvantage in my case when it comes to jobs. Anyways, I am finding it extremely hard to find a place like I described above. I have looked in airbnb, craiglist, have search the web and don't know where else to turn. Talked to my property manager and she doesn't know any. So if any can shed some light I truly appreciate it. I do not want to commit to a year lease since if I find a job in another state I will be willing to move, even though I hope to find something in KC area and go off to buy another house there.

Also if you guys can shed some light into Raytown and KCMO south of the river,because the few that I have found are around there. Is between hwy 435 and hwy 350 a safe place?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 06:31 AM

220 posts, read 456,519 times
435 and 350 isn't a great place, but it's also not a terrible place. You could easily stay around there for a few months in a house, but the apartments are a sketchy.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:53 AM

Thanks, but your comment makes me think it twice hahaha. I have a toddler so don't want to risk it...

Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM

109 posts, read 309,829 times
I would not stay there. Honestly, it's pretty bad, especially with a toddler.

How much are you looking to spend for a month? That's the only way we'll be able to help you narrow it down.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM

Thanks, I discarded the place already. What I am willing to pay depends on what the apartment offers/includes. I am open and dont care if it is near OP or near the airport as longas it is a safe and clean arrea.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 PM

109 posts, read 309,829 times
Well I can find you a clean house for rent for $1500/month easy. Safe area, neighborhood kids, near restaurants, highway, night life, etc. How does that sound?

Old 04-17-2013, 01:38 AM

Hello nullterm. Thank you very much for your help, but until I find a job I will be living on a tight budget and that is a tad too high and too big. I am looking for something smaller and more economic, certainly do not want to burn too much of my savings on a temporary housing. It doesn't need to be in the OP area I am flexible. If you got anything else send me a private message and we will continue comunicating. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City