Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Places to Live in Johnson County
Overland Park 5 27.78%
Olathe 3 16.67%
Shawnee 6 33.33%
Lenexa 3 16.67%
Leawood 4 22.22%
Prairie Village 9 50.00%
Gardner 1 5.56%
Merriam 0 0%
Other (Please list your choices in the post.) 2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,287,931 times

Advertisements

Everything posted by luzianne is true. Luzianne has been on this forum a lot longer than "luigi1212," whoever that is. And luzianne has lived in the Kansas City area for 56 years and knows what she is talking about. Luzianne also knows how to spell "bananas" and how to punctuate! Some people just make it a point of being more informed/educated than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 10:53 AM

43 posts, read 124,037 times
Whatever you say

I know what you said is pretty much YOUR personal and limited opinion and NOT a fact.
Oh and some people would otherwise take offense at your comment regarding spelling and punctuation, not me sister, swimming in a sea of languages sometimes makes you forget little things like those when writing in a non-formal setting such as an online forum.

Keep dreaming in your suburbia bubble and be careful with those "evil kcmo residents" :0

Old 10-24-2013, 11:11 AM

991 posts, read 1,111,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi1212 View Post
KC is not that bad, trust me The suburbs can be a bit overwhelming in the racist/look weird at you department but eh, as a minority, if they stick up their nose at you, then stock yours even higher at them!

In my experience, they would look at me weird at restaurants because I was conversing in another language, I would just continue speaking louder in that other language, I mean, it's not like it's me the effing !diot who only speaks English and has not experienced the world

But I feel that is changing gradually with the influx of diversity into the suburbs.

For the readers, everything posted by "Luzianne" is bannanas :0

KC metro, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful areas in central US, I would even dare to say that it's 3rd after Chicago and Austin, TX as far as scenary, architecture, urban feel, etc! Too bad its residents spend too much time fighting over stupid things such as "whos got the best suburb" I mean come on, break your bubble, it's only a suburb! Rather, spend your time working together to make your metro better!
My SO is a minority and she's never had a problem with this...I have never heard of anyone in the entire metro having an issue with racism. Say what you will about the metro area (its core is very attractive city architecturally, the suburbs are pleasant if not a bit too predictable), but racist or exclusionary is not one that I would describe KC as. We do fight about stupid crap too much, but I think that's really a message board thing and not that bad in the RW. Honestly my fondest memories will be living in the plaza...no matter where I move to or live. That said, I am adapting to my new home in Overland Park after having lived in Lee's Summit for 4 years. All areas offer different things. The suburbs are great if you want a steady pace of life within the bounds of a "comfort zone"...those of us looking for more than that can still live in the suburbs and branch out, or move to a different part of the city.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,287,931 times
Quote:
Whatever you say

I know what you said is pretty much YOUR personal and limited opinion and NOT a fact.
Oh and some people would otherwise take offense at your comment regarding spelling and punctuation, not me sister, swimming in a sea of languages sometimes makes you forget little things like those when writing in a non-formal setting such as an online forum.

Keep dreaming in your suburbia bubble and be careful with those "evil kcmo residents" :0
Um, like what you have said isn't YOUR personal and limited opinion? My opinion comes from living in the area my entire life, on both sides of the state line. I doubt you have the same experience.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:33 PM

78,546 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
KC is not that bad, trust me The suburbs can be a bit overwhelming in the racist/look weird at you department but eh, as a minority, if they stick up their nose at you, then stock yours even higher at them!

In my experience, they would look at me weird at restaurants because I was conversing in another language, I would just continue speaking louder in that other language, I mean, it's not like it's me the effing !diot who only speaks English and has not experienced the world

But I feel that is changing gradually with the influx of diversity into the suburbs.

For the readers, everything posted by "Luzianne" is bannanas :0

KC metro, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful areas in central US, I would even dare to say that it's 3rd after Chicago and Austin, TX as far as scenary, architecture, urban feel, etc! Too bad its residents spend too much time fighting over stupid things such as "whos got the best suburb" I mean come on, break your bubble, it's only a suburb! Rather, spend your time working together to make your metro better!
Sorry you had a bad experience in a restaurant. I once saw a black guy rob someone in Chicago on the subway and I don't take it as an opportunity to disparage other ethnicities or the city of Chicago.

That you come in here, paint the burbs as racist with a broad brush and otherwise firebomb.....and then cap it off with a suggestion that we "work together" is puzzling.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:36 PM

78,546 posts, read 60,749,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Living The Struggle View Post
I moved to Lenexa,Ks from the bay area to be near my dad who needed my assistance a short while.upon moving to (joco) I exsperience alot of hatered and bitterness from white folks and evan from my own black folks. I would greet my peers of the same skin color as me and they would give me a strange look as if to say I was'nt welcome. And the whites there had there heads stuck up there ass. And all the police knew me by my first and last name, because I literally got pulled over every other day by a diffetent cop.After my 1 year lease was up I got the hell out of Kansas and went back to the bay.
Whites this....blacks that....my peers of the same skin color.... Wow, that's just ugly to read.

P.S. Lenexa police pull EVERYBODY over, especially is they drive like west-coasters.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:02 PM

8 posts, read 11,092 times
How do you like living in Kansas? -- More precisely Kansas City metro area.... As a newcomer, it has not been a positive experience both with my back stabbing coworkers and socially. The citizens are extremely provincial and uninviting. I try to be friendly and want to show my interest for this metro area but people are polite but really cold and basically really want you to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City