Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 09:25 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3N1TH 0N3 View Post
Did you?

Out of all four of LeaveWI's crazy, frantic, radical, flame-throwing posts (sarcasm), he never once mentioned wanting to be taken care of by employers. I was kind enough to find them and post them here for you to carefully review in one place. I think you are allowing your emotionally-driven views on this subject cloud your vision and see things that aren't really there. Go ahead, see for yourself...
I think that is what we call eating crow. Thus the avoidance of said posts inquiring as to what LeaveWI said that equated to being taken care of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 02:58 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,914,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
+1

That's why I barely come around here anymore. Too many posters are pretty much parodies of themselves anymore with their black-and-white, dogmatic, and entirely anecdotal, narrow, and self-serving worldviews.
You think this forum is bad? Try Politics and Other Controversies.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:08 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
I find quite a bit of irony in people being against starting businesses, yet wanting a better job market. Small businesses are the largest contributor to the job market.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:19 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,218,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I find quite a bit of irony in people being against starting businesses, yet wanting a better job market. Small businesses are the largest contributor to the job market.
I don't think anyone's against starting businesses, just against the idea of it being a solution to unemployment. Know how to make a small fortune in business? Start with a large one.

Old 12-10-2011, 04:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
I don't think anyone's against starting businesses, just against the idea of it being a solution to unemployment. Know how to make a small fortune in business? Start with a large one.
That's not true. Why go around spreading this negative BS?

Old 12-10-2011, 04:28 PM

78 posts, read 313,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
That's not true. Why go around spreading this negative BS?
I think that was a joke.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:34 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,218,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1901 View Post
I think that was a joke.
Yeah, it's an old one; I don't know what it was originally applied to. The point is that starting a business is difficult, risky, and requires an input of capital -- yours or investors'. And it's not at all unlikely to lose your shirt trying it. If you have any assets (like a house), you'll have to risk them because investors and lenders want to be sure you have skin in the game.

So to start your own business you need
1) High tolerance for risk. 50% of businesses fail within 5 years.
2) Seed capital, or the ability to talk investors into giving you some
3) An idea for what to do
4) The skills to do it, plus the skills to do all the administrative stuff, the marketing, the sales, etc. If you actually want to hire someone to do any of this, the administrative and regulatory stuff gets complicated very quickly.
5) Customers.

That's a lot to expect from someone who can't find a regular job for whatever reason.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:24 AM

372 posts, read 522,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faster_kitty_faster View Post
Dear employer ;

It's me, the person that stays her entire day without question and longer if you ask.

It's me, the person that would stand by your side until retirement if you just paid me a decent wage so I could feed my family instead of having to work another part time job just to make what I did a few years ago.

It's me, I'd be faithful, and so happy to be your employee if you saw me as something more than a number to do away with when a downturn occurs.

Yet you coerce your employees to participate in payroll deduction for charities like United Way.

You "expect" us to participate in purchasing branded material to wear on casual Friday's.

You demand skills upon skills yet do not pay for an employee to use them.

I'm also tired of never seeing you, the CEO visit us.

You could give a rat's @ss .

I'm done, I'm tired, take your meaningless job and just ship it oversees already. I know your wanting to do this from leaked information passed around.

I can't say I was happy being your wh)0re

Julia
Well said.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:47 AM

372 posts, read 522,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Aren't you doing the same thing? You are sitting here complaining about those that supposedly come here to complain. If you don't like what the "complainers" are complaining about, put time and effort into ignoring their posts or just stay quiet.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:31 AM

48 posts, read 64,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
Ideal jobs for everyone yahhhhhh.No more janitors,cashiers,temp labor ect.We all get to be what we want, rockstars, actors, artists, travel writers, sports stars yah yahh yahhhh.Oh wait, society would collapse if that happened, CRAP.Ideal jobs for the lucky few is more like it.
Exactly!!! That is how life is structured. Not everyone is going to have the opportunity to work their dream job due to education, social status, personality, economic status, etc.

Starting your own business, get a new job, work your dream job, etc are easier said than done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search