Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 07:26 AM

5,199 posts, read 6,142,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Why it's the truth.

BTW I'm originally from up north(but lived mostly out west), but after seeing a lot of rude behavior here(mostly by transplants) I can see how the natives feel.

The encounter I had wasn't a southerner.

I can't ignore the fact that the majority of rude behavior you encounter in FL comes from transplants from a certain part of the country.
I commend you as I have yet to develop the talent and skills of distinguishing between transplants and native Floridians.

The United States is one big melting pot and it's funny in this day and age people are still labeling people into ethnic and geographical stereo types.

In regards to the OP's original post, for the safety of my life and my family's I avoid confrontation unless it is a matter of my life or someone else's.

In today's society be it anywhere in the US courtesy and compassion are sometimes things of the past and you never know how people will react to even the smallest confrontation. It's a shame because a lot of people are caring and want to help others in need but fear for their well being.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 09:47 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,843 times
Any update on this story? Honestly, I'm surprised this wasn't a bigger story. Two women (one with kids who witnessed it all) in a fairly affluent area of town - I would have thought it would have been more news-worthy.

I'm curious to know how the lady who was hospitalized is doing and if the police have determined exactly what happened.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:20 AM

5,199 posts, read 6,142,795 times
Latest update:

Woman in critical condition after parking lot dispute - Local News - Jacksonville, FL - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45799782/ns/local_news-jacksonville_fl/t/woman-critical-condition-after-parking-lot-dispute/ - broken link)

Old 01-02-2012, 11:54 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Latest update:

Woman in critical condition after parking lot dispute - Local News - Jacksonville, FL - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45799782/ns/local_news-jacksonville_fl/t/woman-critical-condition-after-parking-lot-dispute/ - broken link)
Thanks. That was the last update I could find, too, but it's from several days ago. It sounds like at that point they still aren't sure what happened. I wonder what kind of charges the lady faces. Hopefully the other lady is doing better.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:02 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
In the Tampa area ~ It was reported by MSNBC this morning that a Ruskin FL. 12 year old boy was hit in the top of the head by a falling New Years Eve gun fired bullet. The bullet went in through the top of his head and is lodged in his jaw. The boy is in critical condition as of right now.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:32 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,490,785 times
I have heard some stuff from the employees at Publix (this happened at my local Publix). But it is all second and third hand info. About the most credible thing I've heard is that the woman in the hospital (whose identity is available on line) has been in a medically induced coma to try to prevent brain damage. Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville