Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 01:13 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,273,708 times

Advertisements

The time to buy gold was back when it was 230-330 an ounce.

I begged and borrowed every cent I could to buy Gold years ago. PM's was just too cheap! My finds laughed at me and wouldn't touch the stuff to save their lives! Now days I got them coming out of the wood works asking me when is a good time to buy gold or silver. I started buying Gold at 230.00 and pulled back around 860.00. I started buying Silver around 4.50 and pulled back around 24.00.

If I was to start buying again today, I would need a 800~ gold and 24~ silver. Do I think I'll see these prices any time soon, yes but my reasons are political based.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 05:06 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,520,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Now days I got them coming out of the wood works asking me when is a good time to buy gold or silver. I started buying Gold at 230.00 and pulled back around 860.00. I started buying Silver around 4.50 and pulled back around 24.00.
Heh - and silver is now around 40. For the sake of this country, it would be great if we had pullbacks. But we are run by ignorant politicians, not statesmen who will do the right thing. Thus, I don't think there will be a pullback of any significance.

Per Louise Yamada, gold is in a structural BULL market until 2018/2020. Equities are in a structural BEAR market until 2018/2020.

Louise says sell certain (not all) equities into a rally, buy gold on dips. She's hoping for a consolidation. So am I, but I fear it may not happen.

Louise Yamada is genius. Her predictions eerily on the money. As I said earlier, she predicted the possibility of a global collapse in early 2008. Here's a list of her vids - check out some of what she says a year ago or earlier.

Louise Yamada - CNBC

If you can wait it out, gold will probably triple in the next seven years. She also likes silver and grains.

Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,744,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Heh - and silver is now around 40. For the sake of this country, it would be great if we had pullbacks. But we are run by ignorant politicians, not statesmen who will do the right thing. Thus, I don't think there will be a pullback of any significance.

Per Louise Yamada, gold is in a structural BULL market until 2018/2020. Equities are in a structural BEAR market until 2018/2020.

Louise says sell certain (not all) equities into a rally, buy gold on dips. She's hoping for a consolidation. So am I, but I fear it may not happen.

Louise Yamada is genius. Her predictions eerily on the money. As I said earlier, she predicted the possibility of a global collapse in early 2008. Here's a list of her vids - check out some of what she says a year ago or earlier.

Louise Yamada - CNBC

If you can wait it out, gold will probably triple in the next seven years. She also likes silver and grains.
Which means if I continue to pump money into equities all the way through my 30s, I'll reap the returns in my 40s. Exactly what I hoped for

Old 08-17-2011, 07:15 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,738,618 times
Quote:

Louise Yamada - CNBC

This lady is no better than a monkey throwing darts. All those people on CNBC are the same....they "revise" their estimates all the time and don't get taken to task for it.....

Look what she predicted back in early '09....

Louise Yamada: Dow May Hit 4,000 | Charting Stocks

If you people follow these "experts" you really are fools.....their crystal ball is not different than yours or mine....sheesh..

Old 08-18-2011, 11:23 AM

25,574 posts, read 56,520,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
This lady is no better than a monkey throwing darts. All those people on CNBC are the same....they "revise" their estimates all the time and don't get taken to task for it.....

Look what she predicted back in early '09....

Louise Yamada: Dow May Hit 4,000 | Charting Stocks

If you people follow these "experts" you really are fools.....their crystal ball is not different than yours or mine....sheesh..
Why are you so rude? The lady is hardly a monkey throwing darts. Sorry she offends you. She is clearly brilliant and eerily prescient 90% of the time. Her call on gold is based on no unforeseen circumstances - like our politicians finally coming to grips with our problems. The charts in March 2009 continued to show a downdraft without obstruction and is one of the rare time she erred. Don't appreciate your insulting remarks generally. I don't think any of us are 'fools' and blindly follow recommendations of these 'monkeys throwing darts' as you call them. I still haven't bought gold in any real quantity despite everyone saying it's a long-term play for years to come because I'm waiting for the pullback that may never come. I may be a fool - but not because I am following recommendations, but, more probably, because I am not.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:39 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,744,052 times
Quote:
Why are you so rude? The lady is hardly a monkey throwing darts. Sorry she offends you. She is clearly brilliant and eerily prescient 90% of the time. Her call on gold is based on no unforeseen circumstances - like our politicians finally coming to grips with our problems. The charts in March 2009 continued to show a downdraft without obstruction and is one of the rare time she erred. Don't appreciate your insulting remarks generally. I don't think any of us are 'fools' and blindly follow recommendations of these 'monkeys throwing darts' as you call them. I still haven't bought gold in any real quantity despite everyone saying it's a long-term play for years to come because I'm waiting for the pullback that may never come. I may be a fool - but not because I am following recommendations, but, more probably, because I am not.
Some expert probably misled coupon champ and his retirement is gone??

Old 08-18-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
She missed probably one of the largest comebacks by stocks ever and you make excuses for it and give her a free pass?

This is a free country and again, she makes predictions...some are right some are wrong.

Sorry it struck a nerve to you, but again, if we listened to her at proabably one of the most important moments in our lifetime, we would've missed the biggest comeback in history. That's not how you invest in the market for the long term.

I am not speculating and buying gold in big quantities because to me this is a spike in 3000 years of gold's history.

I don't follow the noise of "experts".

Slow and steady as she goes!

Old 08-18-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Some expert probably misled coupon champ and his retirement is gone??
Nope, I just get a kick out of people like her and her ilk who are on CNBC and you hear 50 million predictions on what to do....its really hilarious how they think they know where the market is heading in the short term..

Again, perfectly fine w/buying more shares on the cheap for the long term w/my boring index funds......

Old 08-18-2011, 02:21 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,750,122 times
How is gold a safe haven if it is at a all time high?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:25 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,874,916 times
If you buy Gold Bullion from a reputable dealer and pay just a few dollars above SPOT price you MAY do OK. Owning Gold on paper is for suckers. If you know how to do research there are some great companies you could buy stock in. Don't overlook Pink Sheet companies. If you do your own Due Diligence before investing in them SOME of the Pinks have great potential. Most financial advisers would steer you toward buying old established companies but how many of them have went belly up in the past ten years?

GL2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing