Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 01:32 PM

26,432 posts, read 46,643,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
I'm with you. Had too many years shoveling that lake effect crap and getting stuck when
the plows left a mound where we had to exist either through a driveway or alley.
12-14 inches on the ground here and we aren't even in the Lake Effect belt. In my opinion, I would much rather look at bright snow cover on the ground than brown grass in the Winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 08:50 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,233,397 times
^^^^It's brown during the late fall, doesn't bother me in the least. Nor does it kill our backs shoveling the heavy wet
snow or digging ourselves out of a 3-4 foot mound from the plows.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:28 AM

8,985 posts, read 17,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I'd rather have the snow! Columbus had over 5 inches of rain yesterday. At least with snow, my dog would be happy!
5 inches of rain roughly translates to 5 feet of snow. Is that really what you want to see?

(5 inches of snow.........yes I would prefer that; 5 feet not so much)

Old 12-24-2013, 09:47 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
It would make things interesting

Old 12-24-2013, 06:30 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,546,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
It would make things interesting
There would be a lot of baby making.

Old 12-25-2013, 06:29 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
There would be a lot of baby making.
indeed!!!!

Old 12-26-2013, 10:27 PM

35 posts, read 56,550 times
It is not about the country. You will find some good and bad nature persons all around the world. It is us who make our country a better or worse place to live. I will not blame the country rather people's mind sets are the main reason of developing good or bad thoughts against the country.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:36 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,738,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Revival View Post
From the cornfields in central Indiana to the gasoline refinery's on the shores of Lake Michigan..Indiana is the most emptiest,nothingest, state of them all. It's just a whole lot of nothing, it's one of the states that you'd wish would just disapear from the map due to it's emptyness. Miles of rural country roads with driveways that are super long just about sums up Indiana.
I'll take nothingness and emptiness over overcrowded, overtaxed, over-regulated, crime-ridden, polluted, diseased, corrupt, high COL, dirty, gray urban $@#%holes like Chicago any day, but to each his own.

By the way, Indiana has the 16th highest population density of US states. There are 34 states with a lower population density than Indiana, and Indiana's population density is more than twice as high as the US average. If you think Indiana is one of the most empty states then I can only assume that you never got off the highway and/or you've never really traveled much throughout the US.

Furthermore, if you subtract Chicago metro, which is a tiny portion of the state geographically, Illinois is much more "empty" and sparsely populated than Indiana, as you can see on this map:

It's funny that your profile says that you're a teacher considering how awful your spelling and grammar are. If that's the quality of education in Chicago these days then maybe that's why Chicago is in danger of becoming Detroit 2.0.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:03 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,632,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guineas View Post
+1. Part of the problem with Indiana's reputation is that if you just stay on the interstates driving through Indiana, it's such an unpleasant drive.

Indiana is after all the "Crossroads of America." The interstates are also packed full of semis.

You got refineries bordering Chicago, and you got the warehouses and car dealers outside of Louisville on the Indiana side.

The whole state is covered with thousands of billboards of strip clubs, sleazy lawyer faces (Alvarez and the Motorcycle Lawyer), degree mills, and fast food chains. It just reeks of sleaze. These endless billboards honestly ruin the whole state's reputation. I don't think Midwest small town charm when I see them.

Once you enter Kentucky, it's a like a breath of fresh air without the billboard pollution. I would take the drive from Louisville to Lexington (rolling hills, horse farms, no billboards, no strip malls) over I-65 in Indiana any day of the week.
Why don't you get off the freeway and drive thru the hills of southern Indiana?

Old 01-09-2014, 05:37 PM

14 posts, read 41,048 times
I really wish people could talk more open mindedly so I could get a proper idea of the different areas of IN I am considering.
My goal is to pick a semi safe (everywhere has crime) affordable area ,which has fair amount of diversity, some culture, decent schools and close to a college I can transfer from IVY TECH to. I am going to look for a site other than city data cause the negative vibes here ARE depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana