Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:18 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,987,439 times

Advertisements

Why do people say Mexican-American. It`s really stupid politicaly correct crap. My sil is from Mexico and she does not refer herself as that. She refers herself to be Mexican because that is were she is from. I guess I should say I`m European-American even though I`ve never been there.Oh ya and I guess I should add on exactly were my ancesters are from, Irish- American, Scotish-American, etc,etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 11:23 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,991,765 times
Moth, Seems to me a segment of society has no idea what things will be like after they drag us all down to 3rd world levels.

These illegals are not dragging 5 million dollar homes, or jobs across the border...

In all their lives they never had the luxury items American think are just standard things to have, like indoor plumbing, a switch on the wall that makes light!

A car for each and every person of age in a house, where on the other side a car is practicly town property, and called a BUS.

Move someone like this to the 4th floor of section 8 govt, and you will have chickens living on the 4th floor of section 8 govt dwellings..

Fine by me, but man if you live next door........

The question isn't really can a 3rd world dweller live side by side with us. The real question is can we live side by side with them and in 3rd world conditions, because that WILL be what we get.

Say on a Spring time neighborhood trash pick up, where we can get rid of somewhat more un-common junk, at one house there is old stove pipe, and at another house there is a broken step ladder.

This would never happen in a 3rd world country, because these items would be fixed and or used for something else.

So now you just invited 3rd worlders into you house via your trash.

BTW that pipe and ladder make a forge... not a very good forge, but it will heat steel to the welding point just the same.

That section 8, with the chickens will house apx 25 persons to each room, and if the plumbing can't handle that, well it's just too bad....

Old 04-28-2010, 10:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,168,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'm not sure if these boycott ideas that are being floated will take hold or not. A lot depends on whether the boycotts, if approved, are just symbolic, or if they really have some teeth in them..

Remember Arizona..you reap what you sow..

D.C. Wire - Hispanic leaders to ask for D.C. resolution boycotting new Ariz. immigration law
Considering that anger is growing against illegal aliens by leaps and bounds...........Remember _______ you..reap what you sow..

Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 PM

264 posts, read 457,772 times
As a DC resident, I've already made several phone calls and sent faxes to my elected Councilman, ASKING THE DISTRICT TO PASS SIMILAR LEGISLATION.

District of Columbia - Let's send these Latinofascists PACKING!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:34 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,945,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmm Now why don't these same leaders join together and denounce illegal immigration?
Why don't they demand that the Fed do its job so states don't feel forced to take on the job?
This is what I was going to post, but I see you've beat me to it. It makes no sense, and they hurt their image in the eyes of citizens. Thankfully, most americans are smart enough to see their true motives.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:05 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,539,273 times
In an article this morning:

Quote:
Johnson (mayor in California) wrote that he had been contacted by the mayor of Phoenix and now believes an economic boycott, coupled with the anti-immigrant law, would be the equivalent of trying to make two wrongs equal one right.
Backing off of boycotts is the new trend.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:14 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,991,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Azriverfan this is more about targetting hispanics than illegals. Not even hispanics are for illegal immigrants!
I don't know how AZ feels on the issue either.

I don't understand and wonder if there is a typo, with no error in speeling.

.................................................. ..............................................

Some thoughts based on what I think, very loosely.

If the cops SEE's a wreck of a car, and anyone to include hispanics in it, stop the car, say Lic and reg please.

AND the Hispanic AMERCAN hands over his lic and regii, the cop is going to issue a ticket for the car to be repaired.

If the driver is a documented laborer, the same thing, but if no papers are in order the same as any one will have to supply on police demand, then that illegal is out of luck, and will be arrested, and suffer what ever happens. Probably turned over to quassi Mexican so called authorities, who with try to take a bribe, and tell the bad guy to go back to the USA...

And last illegals have no rights, so no one can violate their rights since they have none.

I was born here, and my folks were born here, and we all have to show the cops ID, so I have no problems with anyone having to show ID.

So whats so special about illegals, that they do not have to show ID? Is that like they get the 5th, just because they are illegal?

Old 04-29-2010, 07:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Why do people say Mexican-American. It`s really stupid politicaly correct crap. My sil is from Mexico and she does not refer herself as that. She refers herself to be Mexican because that is were she is from. I guess I should say I`m European-American even though I`ve never been there.Oh ya and I guess I should add on exactly were my ancesters are from, Irish- American, Scotish-American, etc,etc.
I agree it is really stupid. My family has been here for generations now and even though my grandparents were both Polish and Irish I would never refer to myself as anything other than an American.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:30 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post

Arizona did not sow this. We voted for Janet Napolitano, a Democrat, who vacated the position to join Obama. Brewer got lucky and inherited the governorship because she was the Lt. Governor, a figurehead position that no one cares about. Without Brewer, this bill could not be signed into law. No one even knew who Brewer was until she became the governor. She was just some small time conservative that won an office no one cared about. Arizona law mandates the Lt. Governor inherits the Governor position should the governor vacate the position for any reason.

What will happen is Attorney General Terry Goddard is running for governor. He is a Harvard educated born and raised Arizonan and former Phoenix mayor. He will win the election in November.

For the record, most Arizona residents do not support this bill. Yes, we support Joe Arpaio and tough immigration reform but this bill crossed the line because it attacks Hispanic Americans which makes up more than 40% of the Arizona population.
How does this law attack Hispanic Americans?

Old 04-29-2010, 07:38 AM

683 posts, read 1,470,582 times
Could anyone just list the name of these "Hispanic leaders" ?

They must be very powerful, I mean, there are over 60 million "Hispanics" in the U.S....

Who is a "Hispanic leader"?

OP? can you name them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration