Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,317,904 times

Advertisements

These leaders have been convinced that they are going to take over the whole southwest of the US along with the rest of the west. They have many good methods to do this without using force, but they have to depend on more and more of their illegals coming in and getting amnestied. In case you question the amnesty accusation think about what has to happen for illegals to get to vote.

snopes.com: Hispanic Leaders Speak Out!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:56 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,584,740 times
Quote:
On February 15, 1998, the U.S. and Mexican soccer teams met at the Los Angeles Coliseum. The crowd was overwhelmingly pro-Mexican even though most lived in this country. They booed during the National Anthem and U.S. flags were held upside down. As the match progressed, supporters of the U.S. team were insulted, pelted with projectiles, punched and spat upon. Beer and trash were thrown at the U.S. players before and after the match. The coach of the U.S. team, Steve Sampson said, "This was the most painful experience I have ever had in this profession."

On 15 February 1998, Mexico's national soccer team scored a 1-0 victory over the United States team in the CONCACAF Gold Cup championship game before a crowd of 91,255 at the Los Angeles Coliseum. News accounts of the match noted that some of the large number of fans who turned out to root for the Mexican team whistled during the playing of the U.S. national anthem, booed the U.S. team, and threw debris at U.S. players: [SIZE=2] The pro-Mexican throng that filled the entire Coliseum — including areas without seats because of construction — booed the Americans and showered them with debris on several occasions.

"It seemed like we were playing in Mexico City," said U.S. forward Preki, a native of Yugoslavia who gained his U.S. citizenship Oct. 25, 1996. "When we played down there in Mexico City, the crowd wasn't as bad as it was here. I think that was a shame.

"When they were playing the United States (national) anthem, all these people were whistling (the international version of booing). I assume all these people are living in the states. I think they should respect the national anthem. "

I hope the above is an exaggeration. I would get sick in the stomach if it is true.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:14 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,858,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I hope the above is an exaggeration. I would get sick in the stomach if it is true.

You should have been down here lately during the world cup the flags you seen waving from cars was from Brazil not American flags. They were not showing support for the USA in the world cup but for Brazil

Old 07-09-2010, 10:15 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,858,654 times
What worries me is they dont speak for all hispanics and I wish they would clarify that.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:17 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,227,845 times
Quote:
...booed during the National Anthem and U.S. flags were held upside down. As the match progressed, supporters of the U.S. team were insulted, pelted with projectiles, punched and spat upon. Beer and trash were thrown at the U.S. players before and after the match...
A description of the future of life in L.A., regardless of who's culture is in control. The whole city will look and SMELL like a Texaco station toilet.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:03 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,468,876 times
Ok well we as citizens, what are we going to do about this. I constantly write to my senator and those in office in my state and voice my opinion by phone and emails, yes i get emails sent back to me with a bunch of bull, send it back to them, and let them know it is bull, and that i want something done. Are we going to sit back and let this happen. Is it time for the citizens to be noticed, to be televised, to be on radio stations, in newspaper print, What, i am at a loss for words here that we have a Government that seems to have been on the wrong side for some time. There comes a time when enough is just plain enough, and Citizens as sad as it is must do the job that those in power should be doing.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:09 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,104,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
A description of the future of life in L.A., regardless of who's culture is in control. The whole city will look and SMELL like a Texaco station toilet.
Really? The Tea Party and their KKK affiliate is taking over L.A.?

Old 07-09-2010, 11:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Really? The Tea Party and their KKK affiliate is taking over L.A.?
Actually it would be La Raza and the illegals but you go ahead and keep in denial that we have an illegal problem.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,855,481 times
Until you geniuses figure out a way to maintain a sizable, say 30%+ oversize, labor pool in this country without legal and illegal immigration there will not be any effort to control the borders. The financiers and corporations that own and control the United States depend on the excess workers to keep bidding the wages down and labor costs under control. Employing under paid illegal workers is cheaper than moving the work overseas. Chicken processing is a prime example. Tending the gardens of the rich is another. H1b’s underbidding American computer programmers has put the former middle class under the immigration gun.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:28 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,548,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Until you geniuses figure out a way to maintain a sizable, say 30%+ oversize, labor pool in this country without legal and illegal immigration there will not be any effort to control the borders. The financiers and corporations that own and control the United States depend on the excess workers to keep bidding the wages down and labor costs under control. Employing under paid illegal workers is cheaper than moving the work overseas. Chicken processing is a prime example. Tending the gardens of the rich is another. H1b’s underbidding American computer programmers has put the former middle class under the immigration gun.

Nobody really wants to address the undelying causes of illegal and legal immigration to this country...People just want to complain that the Mexicans are taking over America---while never looking at the root of the problem and asking why they are coming to America and who is benefiting from this.

It's much easier to blame some obscure Atzlan groups as having a nefarious plot to take over America rather than looking at the multiple industries (agriculture, food processing, construction, etc.) that have come to rely on illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration