Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,337,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LOL Libs still trying to connect the Tea Party with the KKK. Could they be any more desperate?
Anyone who tries to put a crimp in their amnesty/legalization agenda is deemed part of the KKK or is a Nazi and yes they are that desperate and hateful.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
Greedy businessmen and crooked politicans are to blame for letting this situtation get out of control.

I could live with work visas for the millions of illegals already here, if the border is secured for about the cost of one month of the Iraq war, as long as they never get citizenship. If they get citizenship, there will be a civil war.
The problem with these work visas is that we already have millions of unemployed Americans so why do we need them?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Nobody really wants to address the undelying causes of illegal and legal immigration to this country...People just want to complain that the Mexicans are taking over America---while never looking at the root of the problem and asking why they are coming to America and who is benefiting from this.

It's much easier to blame some obscure Atzlan groups as having a nefarious plot to take over America rather than looking at the multiple industries (agriculture, food processing, construction, etc.) that have come to rely on illegal immigration.
Wrong! We know the employers are to blame also and it HAS been addressed over and over in here. But it is the pro-illegals who fight e-verify tooth and nail which would make the employers accountable for whom they hire. That is because they want the employers punished but the illegals untouched.

The reconquista movement is a whole different topic except that illegal immigration increases the numbers of Mexicans here in our country who are the ones bearing a grudge about the past.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:40 AM

50,488 posts, read 47,254,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid and Nancy View Post
How prevalent is this sentiment in the Hispanic community? There are 47 Million Hispanics in the USA and the article quotes 9. Hardly representative. I'm sure you can find 9 Americans who believe the world is flat. Does this mean most Americans believe this. I've never even heard of any of the so called leaders people listed in the article, have you? Statistics indicate the the vast majority of Hispanics assimilate into US culture. I know many Hispanics who have never been to a Latin American country and don't speak a lick of Spanish. Virtually every 2nd generation Hispanic I know speaks English much more fluently than Spanish. The reconquista movement is a fringe group shunned by the vast majority of Hispanics.
You have just put the problem into a portrait. We have a (guess) of at least 1500 illegals coming here every day that don't assimilate and won't ever in their life time. I've also seen the struggles their children have learning due the fact their Parents refuse to learn English. This is not a sustainable way to model our Society.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:18 AM

555 posts, read 878,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The problem with these work visas is that we already have millions of unemployed Americans so why do we need them?
Only for jobs they can't find a willing American to do would they get a work visa.

Don't worry. That proposal is only theoretical and will never be accepted by the illegal alien lobby because they want the whole enchilada - open borders and citizenship. If we make compromise proposals that appear reasonable to the masses yet are rejected by the illegal alien lobby then they become the bad guys.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,459,957 times
They left out "The Mayor of L A. Antonio Villaraigosa's infamous speech.
"WE CLEAN YOUR TOILETS"

How many remember what resulted from this speech?

from John and Ken on KFI 640

YouTube - Flush Amnesty on Telemundo Translated

Old 07-10-2010, 10:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
What worries me is they dont speak for all hispanics and I wish they would clarify that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid and Nancy View Post
How prevalent is this sentiment in the Hispanic community? There are 47 Million Hispanics in the USA and the article quotes 9. Hardly representative. I'm sure you can find 9 Americans who believe the world is flat. Does this mean most Americans believe this. I've never even heard of any of the so called leaders people listed in the article, have you? Statistics indicate the the vast majority of Hispanics assimilate into US culture. I know many Hispanics who have never been to a Latin American country and don't speak a lick of Spanish. Virtually every 2nd generation Hispanic I know speaks English much more fluently than Spanish. The reconquista movement is a fringe group shunned by the vast majority of Hispanics.
No, they do not speak for all Hispanics. Therein lies the problem. I have firsthand knowledge of the fact that many Hispanics do not support open borders or amnesty. However, like us, their voices are not being heard.

More than ever, it is imperative for Hispanic opposition to become as vociferous as the highly funded pro-amnesty movement of La Raza, et al. Otherwise, they will continue to allow illegals to create a hostile environment for the millions of decent, patriotic Hispanic citizens of this country. This situation is much too volatile to ignore and simply hope for the best.

The time is NOW to let the country know that the Hispanic IA profiteers are not representative of the majority of Hispanic citizens. The media would like for us to believe most Hispanics are supportive of this invasion, just as they portray all opposition as being racist and xenophobic. They are both lies.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Until you geniuses figure out a way to maintain a sizable, say 30%+ oversize, labor pool in this country without legal and illegal immigration there will not be any effort to control the borders. The financiers and corporations that own and control the United States depend on the excess workers to keep bidding the wages down and labor costs under control. Employing under paid illegal workers is cheaper than moving the work overseas. Chicken processing is a prime example. Tending the gardens of the rich is another. H1b’s underbidding American computer programmers has put the former middle class under the immigration gun.
True. As long as we have the same greedy, pandering politicians in office from both parties, our laws will continue to be ignored. The unscrupulous, illegal employers would not have the freedom to exploit cheap labor if the IRS, USCIS, DOL, and DOJ would enforce their own laws. They facilitate illegal immigration; otherwise, it would be virtually impossible for illegal employment to flourish. Sadly, many enjoy engaging in right/left blather, rather than opening their eyes and seeing that we are all mere pawns for the corporate elite.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, they do not speak for all Hispanics. Therein lies the problem. I have firsthand knowledge of the fact that many Hispanics do not support open borders or amnesty. However, like us, their voices are not being heard.

More than ever, it is imperative for Hispanic opposition to become as vociferous as the highly funded pro-amnesty movement of La Raza, et al. Otherwise, they will continue to allow illegals to create a hostile environment for the millions of decent, patriotic Hispanic citizens of this country. This situation is much too volatile to ignore and simply hope for the best.

The time is NOW to let the country know that the Hispanic IA profiteers are not representative of the majority of Hispanic citizens. The media would like for us to believe most Hispanics are supportive of this invasion, just as they portray all opposition as being racist and xenophobic. They are both lies.
I agree with you most of the time Benicar but you might be mistaken about the majority of Hispanic citizens not being supportive of illegal aliens in this country of like ethnicity. I believe that most want amnesty for them. I live in occupied territory in Calif. and I have brought this up in conversation with many Hispanic citizens and their replies are all the same on this issue. I wonder if there is a reputable poll that would prove it one way or another? It kind of explains why Hispanic citizens are not vociferous about their objection to it, doesn't it? It woud be interesting to find out where most Hispanics really stand on this issue nationwide, don't you think?

Old 07-10-2010, 05:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,459,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I agree with you most of the time Benicar but you might be mistaken about the majority of Hispanic citizens not being supportive of illegal aliens in this country of like ethnicity. I believe that most want amnesty for them. I live in occupied territory in Calif. and I have brought this up in conversation with many Hispanic citizens and their replies are all the same on this issue. I wonder if there is a reputable poll that would prove it one way or another? It kind of explains why Hispanic citizens are not vociferous about their objection to it, doesn't it? It woud be interesting to find out where most Hispanics really stand on this issue nationwide, don't you think?
register on La Raza's website/forum and post that poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration