Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:08 PM

17 posts, read 25,495 times

Advertisements

I am very sorry and outraged about the new law Mr. Henry just signed.
This new immigration law will create more racism and hate, specially the police will start to do "racial profiling" on black americans and any dark skin people, including cherokees and latinos...hopefully a rain of lawsuits will show Mr. Henry, God created people equally...and he is wrong..again..

Old 05-08-2007, 09:32 PM
JD.

199 posts, read 487,751 times
I knew he had it on his desk but I didn't know he signed it. I'm sorry you feel that way but immigration is an issue that needs to be dealt with before it completely ruins the nation. It is NOT okay for illegal immigrants to not only break the law but then demand services that LEGAL residents and native citizens of this country are expected to pay (taxes). Oklahoma is taking a step forward in protecting its citizens from exploition from illegal immigrants as well as the drugs and crime that some, not all, of them bring, and I am proud to say that it is now a CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATION for an illegal immigrant to be hired for a job that a legal resident is pursuing. Sounds fair to me. Also, I am sorry but in no way shape or form does the legislation have 'racial profiling', and it is for ILLEGAL ALIENS, not residents of the state that may be black or Natives or hispanic, maybe you got the wrong impression. Obviously the federal government was not going to do anything about the immigration issue, so Oklahoma took it into their own hands, just another reason I can't wait to move.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:14 PM

8,041 posts, read 10,632,364 times
It's time to stop calling American citizens "Racists" for wanting our immigration laws enforced and our borders secured. Want to come to the United States? Fine. Yes, we're a nation of immigrants from many countries. Just come here legally through proper channels like you're supposed to. We have a right to know who is coming into our country, and to ask them to assimilate and contribute something to the United States. It is a privilage to be an American and to live here - not a "right", no matter what your color or nationality. Deploying the "race" card just doesn't work -and no ones' buying it anymore either.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:39 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
OK, I'm not sure what the new law entails, but I say, "Cheers to Oklahoma!" From what I gather from this thread is that one of the lawmakers in OK has enough guts to stick up for LEGAL Americans to do something about it. I can't believe that when a comment is made about how our country is being overrun by illegals, it's considered politically incorrect and rude. There are some who are fleeing persecution, but the majority of them are here to reclaim what they believe to be "theirs". I knew there was a reason I liked OK.

I'm sure you've probably gotten similar emails, but I got one the other day that I really liked. It said, "Since we call illegal Americans "undocumented workers", should we then call drug dealers "unlicensed pharmacists?"

Old 05-09-2007, 06:02 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
Hi Jammie,

I say "cheers" too. I love the Mexican and the South American people and once wanted to live in Mexico, but you know what? I couldn't have found a job there unless I were a citizen of their country. I would have always had to gone back to the U.S. every six months to get my visa renewed, and without a job what use would it be? I could only have done that if I had been wealthy enough to live there without a job.

Why should the U.S. be any different?

Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 AM

Hi Jessaka, I couldn't agree with you more. Also, if we moved to Mexico, we'd have to be self supporting and would have to learn their language and fit into their culture. The illegals are here as conquerers and it seems that no one had a backbone except the lawmakers in OK. But SHHHHHH~don't tell anybody or the whole state will fill up with people who are fleeing other areas.

IMHO the title of this thread should be "The New American Law". But that's ok because even though it pretains to OK, it will eventually have to be moved to the Immigration Forum.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:46 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,532,525 times
I'm sure proud that you Sooners stood up and did the right thing since the Feds don't want to ENFORCE the law!!! Sure hope the other 49 follow your lead!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:02 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
I say "cheers to Oklahoma" as well. Illegal immigration has nothing to do with race and everything with being here legally. Oklahoma has stepped up and shown some backbone that I hope other states follow. And a big thumbs down for trying to deploy the race card as montanamom said. That trick doesn't work anymore; we're on to your tactics.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:07 AM

17 posts, read 25,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I say "cheers to Oklahoma" as well. Illegal immigration has nothing to do with race and everything with being here legally. Oklahoma has stepped up and shown some backbone. I hope other states follow.
Funny, HITLER used to say the same thing about the poor jews..!!

Old 05-09-2007, 09:10 AM

OK. Thanks to my brother's research, I now have the story and also the phone number to the Governor's office in OK. I just had to call and congratulate them on such an "America Saving" choice. I also emailed my own governor and asked him to research the new law and consider following suit. If anyone would like to congratulate the OK Gov and can't find the phone number, Private message me and I'll get it to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration