Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 07:47 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,560,223 times

Advertisements

Andreabeth, now would be a really good time to start making the churches pay taxes, since they want to be part of the political debate. I live in an upscale community and every time I vote for a levy to raise MY taxes, I think of all the beautiful churches in my township that aren't on the tax rolls...

Old 05-11-2007, 08:05 PM

111 posts, read 447,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
01. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10.2 million people) are

working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are

predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.

02. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.

03. 75% of people on

the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.

04. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien

Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

05. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention centers are

Mexican Nationals here illegally.

06. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles

County are living in garages.

07. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles

are most likely Illegal aliens from south of the border.

08. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.

09. 21 radio stations in L.A. Are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A. County 5.1 million people speak English,

3.9 million speak Spanish.

(There are 10.2 million people in L.A. County).

(All of the above are from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare.

Over 70% of the United States' annual population growth (and over 90% of

California, Florida, and New York) results from immigration.

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

We are a bunch of fools for letting this continue.

WHY CAN'T WE SEND THEM HOME

AZMother, I'm wondering the same thing that Kele is. Do you personally have a child with an illegal alien who was sent back home? If so, what is the reason that you don't take your son and relocate to where he lives? That way the child wouldn't be separated from either of his parents.

That's terrible.... USa need to do something about it. But I guess they wont.
What happens if USa deport all of them? They will be coming back as soon as possible. USa cant stop illegal immigration.
The los angeles mayor must be shot.....no just kidding.... But It wouldn't be wrong. He support all...Los Angeles need another Mayor.....He isnt good. He just doing something for his people.

Old 05-12-2007, 02:10 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,685,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_singlemother View Post
I think I would feel safer around illegal immigrants than sexual offenders like Joseph Duncan III who killed a family and did horrible acts on children.
That's not the point. We all know we have home grown criminals here in the USA. But why should we compound the problem by importing more criminals? Every single illegal alien here is a crook. Some just violate our border laws, steal social security numbers, jobs, and free medial coverage at our ER's, and most drive without insurance or licenses. And these are the nice ones. The not so nice ones murder, rape, steal and molest children.

The point is we have enough criminals here already without having to import another nation's dirty laundry.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:06 AM

430 posts, read 1,395,848 times
Default Lies and more Lies.

Those statistics for Illegals in LA county are complete bunk, they are made up propaganda. There is absolutely no way 95 % of wanted murderers in LA county are illegal, -now if that's just some special category like they fled the country or something I could believe it, but that's not what you said. And not Evan nearly two thirds of ALL births in LA county are Evan paid for by medicaid, -I've looked the numbers myself. Plenty of those that are are not to illegal mothers. And not Evan 25% percent (not nearly) of all California state prisoners are foreign born as a whole, -of whatever legal status at the time of their arrest. Those numbers are just false claims with nothing to back them up. I think the LA times may have quoted the person who came up with those numbers but did not report them as fact. They completely CONTRADICT all the official figures from state and local government.

I am no fan of illegals and I know that some are violent, like with our own citizens. They DO threaten our economy and our way of life, in many ways, and this needs to be addressed. We need to control are border and hold employers accountable. But illegal immigrants are really not nearly as crime prone as many think (though of course there mere presence is itself a crime!), -much less than our native born lower class/lower working class, though more so than the U.S. average. Bigotry does not help this situation, and yes, the bigotry is coming from BOTH sides on this issue.

And as far as the bible saying not to covet thy neighbors land, property etc, well, the U.S. has done exactly that. This country invaded Mexico and took half it's land. It's true it was sparsely populated at the time, -but that was true of most of the U.S. west as well. There were already an estimated 100,000 Mexicans, not including Indians, in the region when the U.S. stole the land for it's resources. Of course all the Europeans, including the Spanish, were invaders in a sense, but so were a LOT of others peoples ancestor's all over the world.

There is evidence that the ancestors of the so called "Indians" were NOT the first to arrive in the Americas. There appears to have been Australasian people (pacific islanders) in south America and suddenly many of there bone fragments were found in campfire and appear to have been eaten and then they were no more. This about the time when the "Indians" first arrived. -Ancient genocide???

Humans have been doing this all over the planet (invading others land, taking over, and killing) since long before recorded history. The once imperialist victor (in this case the U.S.) becomes the victim. The U.S. is really not any exception to the rule. If we want to stop this and survive as a nation, -it will be a major fight on our hands. This will require us to be a lot more united than we are now. -Since we have actually always been a divided country (remember the civil war?!), I am not to optimistic about our prospects.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:43 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtallredhead View Post
Those statistics for Illegals in LA county are complete bunk, they are made up propaganda. There is absolutely no way 95 % of wanted murderers in LA county are illegal, -now if that's just some special category like they fled the country or something I could believe it, but that's not what you said. And not Evan nearly two thirds of ALL births in LA county are Evan paid for by medicaid, -I've looked the numbers myself. Plenty of those that are are not to illegal mothers. And not Evan 25% percent (not nearly) of all California state prisoners are foreign born as a whole, -of whatever legal status at the time of their arrest. Those numbers are just false claims with nothing to back them up. I think the LA times may have quoted the person who came up with those numbers but did not report them as fact. They completely CONTRADICT all the official figures from state and local government.
Check out snopes.com
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp

Quote:
And as far as the bible saying not to covet thy neighbors land, property etc, well, the U.S. has done exactly that. This country invaded Mexico and took half it's land. It's true it was sparsely populated at the time, -but that was true of most of the U.S. west as well. There were already an estimated 100,000 Mexicans, not including Indians, in the region when the U.S. stole the land for it's resources. Of course all the Europeans, including the Spanish, were invaders in a sense, but so were a LOT of others peoples ancestor's all over the world.
You should pick up a book and do a little research on Texas and the Mexican-American War.
Austin and his band had LAND GRANTS from Spain, and PERMISSION to be in Texas.
Texas was a Republic for almost 10 years before being annexed by the U.S.
Mexico, as a country, held title to that land for less than 25 years.
America paid Mexico $15 million for that land.

Just a few facts to clear the air somewhat.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:50 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,489,970 times
Not sure why the Los Angeles Times would be able to print "complete bunk" in their newspaper.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18603331/ (broken link)

Another brave town that is actually doing something constructive.

Jones, I know what you're saying, but I believe that the U.S. CAN do something about illegal aliens and it appears that a few areas of the country actually are doing something about it.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:01 PM

To GuyPinestra, -great link. Thanks for posting, everyone should check It out.

It actually confirms those "statistics" are mostly bunk, -they are NOT from the LA times. The figure for births in LA county was actually for ALL Hispanic births in the county.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:07 PM

I DO support what farmers branch is doing, and no, it is not racist. Good for them.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:38 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,598,851 times
You're welcome for the link, I knew that e-mail was hype when I first received it over a year ago. However, many of the statistics, as noted by Snopes, are not quite as misleading as you claim them to be. A thorough review of the ENTIRE Snopes article will show that much of the info came from testimony given by one Heather MacDonald to the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Claims.

So, while the e-mail WAS exaggerated, it most certainly is NOT complete bunk.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:21 PM

OK it is not just complete bunk, -Just most of it.

And just becuase Heather MacDonald testified something is true, dose not make it so.

Government officials lie or mislead frequently, Evan under oath. I do not trust most of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration