Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,271,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
People like me?

You don't know me at all.

I've never wished illegal immigrants harm--I've wished them home. Big difference. In addition, those Jewish people that were rounded up were GERMAN citizens--so any remote possiblity that your analogy might have held water went flying out the window the moment you conveniently ignored that little factual tidbit.
It is becoming patently obvious that our illegal alien apologists are showing signs of desperation judging by their increasingly derogatory comments.

Trust me: their racist, etc. rhetoric will simply increase as the pressure on them keeps ratcheting upward----------which is occurring as we speak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 12:29 AM

530 posts, read 1,135,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Note that being here illegally in the first place tends to encourage the above criminals to break additional laws. Using just Mexico as an example: just because its basic 'culture' does not foster respect for the Rule of Law; that is no excuse to import that loser attitude here into the USA-------we have enough homegrown riffraff as it is.
Excellent point!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:02 PM

156 posts, read 560,334 times
this is a good post, but it'll never work because the major employers are making too much money, and the rich are the ones who influence legislation. Have you read "Rich Dad Poor Dad"?

Old 08-09-2009, 01:14 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,182,766 times
<<In the end, the final solution seems, to me anyway, has to be amnesty.>>

In 1986 approximately 6 million illegal aliens were amnestied. Today we have 20+ million, so obviously amnesty isn't the solution.

As for them paying taxes, most are uneducated, and work at minimum wage jobs. Amnesty won't change that. They also tend to have large families, which means they'll pay very little, if any, income tax. Amnesty will also make them eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit, and many social programs, which means they'll reap much more than they contribute.

Amnesty will not curtail illegal immigration, nor will it make taxpayers out of people living below, or right at, the poverty line.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:23 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,657,767 times
The Final Solution to Illegal Immigration: AMNESTY

Oh, I see. Then I have the solution to end all crime...decriminalize everything! Rape, murder, theft, drugs, kidnapping...we'd be a crime-free society!

Old 08-09-2009, 01:43 AM

They're called "illegal immigrants" for a reason. Crossing the border, other than legally at a prescribed border crossing station, is against the law----thus "illegal." I don't know why some people can't seem to understand illegal = unlawful/against the law. By entering the country illegally, these people have already commited a crime. It'e the same thing as your entering a posted area where you have no right to be. That's called trespassing, and you can be arrested.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:24 AM

<<Most illegals are needed to make our society function as it does. >>

So, if we legalize them we'll have to import more illegals to replace them, right?

Where do you draw the line? Do you give them amnesty after another 20,000,000 arrive, or do you just do it every 20 years or so? In 1986 we were promised there would never be another amnesty, and we see how well that worked. If we give those here now amnesty, there will be millions more coming here waiting for the next amnesty.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:46 AM

The only reason he takes cash under the table and doesn't pay taxes on it is because people like you make it so he cannot do so.

No, it's because they aren't supposed to be working here. It's the law.

So you're saying that 2 out of every 3 illegal immigrants has some kind of false documents?

Every one of them who works on the books is using false or stolen documents.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:12 AM

<<HOW WOULD YOU PEOPLE ACTUALLY SUGGEST WE GET RID OF EVERYONE?>.

First we seal the borders, and end birthright citizenship. Next we deport those who've been convicted of a crime, even a misdemeanor. Then we move on to anyone who is arrested who has a gang affiliation, and heavily fine employers who hire illegal aliens.

If a farmer can't find enough citizens ro pick his crops, let people apply in their own country for a limited number of green cards which specify "farm work only." That will stop them from leaving the farms, and moving into construction jobs, etc.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:01 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,529,253 times
Amnesty isn't a solution. It would only encourage more illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration