Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 03:36 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,168,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
I certainly didn't lose. I won this one. Anyone with any kind of logic or reason and not just blind hatred of all immigrants would see that.

Tell me I wasn't called a traitor.
Tell me I wasn't called "an apologist" in an effort to insult me.
Tell me I wasn't called a criminal who should be deported for suggesting that we have amnesty.

I proved that you people are blind, and ignorant to economics and government. We have all these immigration laws now and no more money to spend...where do you suggest we get those billions of dollars necessary to not only deport 10,000,000+ people, but to then fill all those crappy jobs with people willing to work for the same meager wages in order to keep us from seeing massive price inflation of necessary goods like fruits and vegetables.

Since you are all soooo smart and know soooo much about the subject, I'd love to hear your explanation as to how this country could "get rid of all the illegals" and not go into financial ruin beyond the ruin we've already been put into by policies pushed forward by all your anti-immigrant representatives who held the majority for 6 of the past 8 years.
Show me where I stated that I hate all immigrants.

My hostility is towards illegal aliens. Got it?

And I still maintain that you are a traitor for wanting anmesty for a bunch of criminals. If I stated that maybe you would be happier living elsewhere------------no one is stopping you from leaving the USA.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 03:37 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,483,077 times
Quote:
No, you're pathetic for not reading. I said 1936! In 1936, the Jews were not being gassed, but being rounded up and blamed for the country's problems. People like you in Germany wanted them out and blamed them for every problem they saw. The violence didn't really start until 1938, and the extermination didn't start until 1941.

So yeah, wanting to round people up and take them from their homes and the lives they've spent years building is no different than Germany circa 1936.
The Jewish people that were rounded up were German citizens. There is no comparison between rounding up and confiscating the property of citizens of a country as Hitler did and requiring people who never should have been in the US in the first place to return to their homelands. This whole 'squatter's rights' idea flew out the window a long time ago.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:38 PM

167 posts, read 484,176 times
Quote:
No, you're pathetic for not reading. I said 1936! In 1936, the Jews were not being gassed, but being rounded up and blamed for the country's problems. People like you in Germany wanted them out and blamed them for every problem they saw. The violence didn't really start until 1938, and the extermination didn't start until 1941.

So yeah, wanting to round people up and take them from their homes and the lives they've spent years building is no different than Germany circa 1936.
So you commit a crime and sneak into a country. Build a life for yourself, take advantage of services that you should not be entitled to and we are the ones who should not enforce our laws.

They built there life and homes on a house of cards in the first place.

This in no way, compares to the horrific actions in Germany. It is an insult to even suggest it. We are not gassing them, we are deporting them to their country or origin. The place they came from. If they want to return, submit the paperwork and get in line.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:42 PM

2,980 posts, read 3,542,002 times
Bottom line, these people know quite well that those of us that support border enforcement are not anti-immigrant. We support enforcement of the law which includes periodic deportations (of course we can't physically deport them all, but you need to have deportations as a deterrent), hammering politicians to enforce the rules, and going after the employers who try to screw American Workers.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:

Again: quit comparing German citizens of the Jewish faith with a bunch of criminals here illegally in the USA. Besides: outside of a few fanatics; most of us anti illegal folks have no desire to kill/maim the illegals unless they forceably try to resist being sent back home.

That analogy is disgusting to say the least.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:45 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,569,595 times
Quote:
I pay taxes, I am not rich (very much middle class), I work in a highly regulated industry and I am a white American with White American parents and White American grandparents.
?
You have my sympathy. Some months ago we had a rousing discussion on the 'Politics and Controversies' forum on th topic of "White Guilt". I recommend you read over some of it....LOTS of posts, as I recall.

I'm Catholic, and white....and I'm no stranger to guilt. My spouse is Catholic but NON-white....and has pretty well succeeded (after our 39 years together) in 'teasing' all the phony guilt out of me. (Of course, I still retain the SENSIBLE guilt....that's what you should feel, if you're a decent person, when you've done something to hurt others).

I know where you're coming from....you can get a whole lot of 'mileage' out of that White Guilt, and there are PLENTY of people out there who can 'smell' it a block away...they'll be GLAD to accomodate you when you need a 'fix'...help you 'beat up on yourself', so to speak.

I'd put you in touch with my wife who may be able to "talk you down"..but she's too busy living to hang around forums. Take my word for it, though..there's "guilt", and then there's just a sappy 'martyrdom' seeking to atone for the sins of the past. And they're VASTLY different. One is noble...the other is silly...

Old 02-25-2009, 03:47 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,865,650 times
Amnesty is not the answer. Rewarding criminals never goes to solve anything.

Enforce our current laws.
Fine and jail employers who hire illegals.
Implement a system to alert in cases of duplicate or fraudulent SS #'s and seek action.
Stop anchor babies. The thought of someone illegally coming across the border to produce a baby to obtain free food, housing, is rediculous.

If there were no illegal jobs, free food, housing, medical the draw to come here would be hugely diminished.

It really sounds stupid to give someone what they want because they already disregarded and broke laws to get it.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
It's the same thing. My family lost dozens of people in the Holocaust so you can't "how dare" me.

Rounding people up and forcing them from the home they've built IS THE EXACT SAME THING.

And plus, if you could read at all, you would have seen that I said "1936" and not "1944"...the 1936 model was ghettoizing and robbing them of their possessions and homes. They didn't start exterminating until later on.

I could have compared it to the internment camps here in the US too...or the raping and pillaging of Native American's lands...
By the standards of that era: such behavior was quite acceptable; the past is the past---------it cannot be changed.

Face it: the indigenous people were subjugated by a bigger and badder group of 'Indians' AKA White Euros both Anglo and Hispanic.

And; had it not been England, Portugal, Spain, France, Russia, etc.--------the odds are quite high that Japan may have done the deed 100+ years ago.

For that matter: later waves of pre Euro indigenous people conquered prior groups---------many Mestizo Mexicans are actually Asian going by their DNA. Too remember that the Aztecs committed atrocities against weaker Indian groups that would have made Hitler proud---------cutting out the still beating heart out of people, etc.

Bottom line: leftydan6; your attempts of trying to 'guilt' me do not work.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,569,595 times
Quote:

I could have compared it to the internment camps here in the US too...or the raping and pillaging of Native American's lands...
Indeed, I'm surprised you didn't. Are you NOW?.......

In fact, you COULD have drawn a parallel to the way blacks were forced to come to America and subsequently abused, and how today, illegals are forced to come to America, and are enduring the same abuse now. Are you making THAT comparison? You COULD, you know.....

Last edited by macmeal; 02-25-2009 at 04:45 PM..

Old 02-25-2009, 06:02 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,756,730 times
Quote:

People like me?

You don't know me at all.

I've never wished illegal immigrants harm--I've wished them home. Big difference. In addition, those Jewish people that were rounded up were GERMAN citizens--so any remote possiblity that your analogy might have held water went flying out the window the moment you conveniently ignored that little factual tidbit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration