Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:58 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,065,723 times

Advertisements

I have taken in a lot of information over the past years in regards to this illegal immigration issue. However, over the past year, I have finally come to the conclusion that I feel I know what the "real" picture is and I wish to share my vision with you all.

First, lets look at both sides to the story:

1. Mexicans have an extremely corrupt Government, selfish wealthy elite family's who do nothing for the poor people, and blood thirsty criminals and gangs that run the country of Mexico.

2. Americans have the most powerful military defense in the history of mankind but yet it does nothing to curb or halt illegal immigration.

So if you were to ask me to put the pieces together I would say if the opportunity presents itself its obvious that a Mexican would take the chance to cross the border to make a killing (10+ bucks and hour) to feed himself and his family ( If he or she has one) instead of remaining in poverty on his own land. The Mexican is also safer in the U.S as well because good Mexican police are ruthlessly killed for trying to stop the drug cartels. So what can a few poor Mexican men with no power do to stop the drug cartels who drive hummers and have semi automatic weapons?

On the flip side, Americans then complain because they get huge influxes of poor people, but truth be told they have a right to complain!! Americans have right to complain because they are "invested" in the "American system." Americans have children who go to the public schools that are falling apart, they have homes in nice neighborhoods and wish for them to stay that way, they have (i.e. construction) jobs that could be taken by illegals, and so on, and so on.

So to me, it obvious, the American Government is just as guilty as the Mexican government; in fact they work together. Nether governments care about the "good" people that are suffering on both sides of the borders and it's going to take a revolution on behalf of "good" citizens on both sides to work together against the corrupt Government's and against the blood thirsty drug cartels. Case closed.

The enemy is NOT the Illegal who is running across the border to save his own hide, it's the Governments and the drug cartels that are causing him/her to do that otherwise I believe many of these Mexicans would not even bother to live in U.S.

Jordan Maxwell -Basic Slideshow Presentation (Hidden Symbols)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 02:32 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,528,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I have taken in a lot of information over the past years in regards to this illegal immigration issue. However, over the past year, I have finally come to the conclusion that I feel I know what the "real" picture is and I wish to share my vision with you all.

1. Mexicans have an extremely corrupt Government, selfish wealthy elite family's who do nothing for the poor people, and blood thirsty criminals and gangs that run the country of Mexico.

2. Americans have the most powerful military defense in the history of mankind but yet it does nothing to curb or halt illegal immigration.

So if you were to ask me to put the pieces together I would say if the opportunity presents itself its obvious that a Mexican would take the chance to cross the border to make a killing (10+ bucks and hour) to feed himself and his family ( If he or she has one) instead of remaining in poverty on his own land. The Mexican is also safer in the U.S as well because good Mexican police are ruthlessly killed for trying to stop the drug cartels. So what can a few poor Mexican men with no power do to stop the drug cartels who drive hummers and have semi automatic weapons?

On the flip side, Americans then complain because they get huge influxes of poor people, but truth be told they have a right to complain!! Americans have right to complain because they are "invested" in the "American system." Americans have children who go to the public schools that are falling apart, they have homes in nice neighborhoods and wish for them to stay that way, they have (i.e. construction) jobs that could be taken by illegals, and so on, and so on.

So to me, it obvious, the American Government is just as guilty as the Mexican government; in fact they work together. Nether governments care about the "good" people that are suffering on both sides of the borders and it's going to take a revolution on behalf of "good" citizens on both sides to work together against the corrupt Government's and against the blood thirsty drug cartels. Case closed.

Quote:
The enemy is NOT the Illegal who is running across the border
to save his own hide, it's the Governments and the drug cartels that are causing him/her to do that otherwise I believe many of these Mexicans would not even bother to live in U.S.

It is safe to say that "quote" The enemy is not the Illegal coming across the border "unquote'.
The Illegal makes himself the enemy once they start stealing ID's and jobs.Continuously ignoring laws. Turning good communities into slums. Diving without a license, and committing vehicular manslaughter. on and on and on...... with no changes intended.

You may have studied it, but I don't think you've lived in the middle of it and experienced it first hand.

What your saying sounds like another excuse.

No excuses...No exceptions!! In other words..No Kissing Mod cut

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 10-30-2008 at 12:10 PM..

Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 PM

74 posts, read 125,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It is safe to say that "quote" The enemy is not the Illegal coming across the border "unquote'.
The Illegal makes himself the enemy once they start stealing ID's and jobs.Continuously ignoring laws. Turning good communities into slums. Diving without a license, and committing vehicular manslaughter. on and on and on...... with no changes intended.

You may have studied it, but I don't think you've lived in the middle of it and experienced it first hand.

Very well put.
They may not be "the enemy" just because they cross over ILLEGALLY
But they sure are criminals.

And with most of them, it gets worse when they get here.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 10-30-2008 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: reference to user

Old 10-26-2008, 11:59 PM

630 posts, read 1,300,030 times
Quote:

The enemy is NOT the Illegal who is running across the border to save his own hide, it's the Governments and the drug cartels that are causing him/her to do that otherwise I believe many of these Mexicans would not even bother to live in U.S.

this is a really cool observation you have. It makes sense!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,997,353 times
You need to add a few things. To your 1. for example, the Mexican government encourages illegal immigration to the USA because that helps avoid making the long over due reforms. And massive immigration makes less pressure for that society to reform.

It's simply easier to get to the USA than to push for reforms, moving to the USA requires no real change in attitudes or corruption. Many illegals participated in corruption, accepted corruption, they are part of that whole system, not pure innocents themselves.

Massive immigration obviously does not solve a single root problem in Mexico but does the exact opposite by allowing things to continue on.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post

I feel your pain and I know you are angry. I live in California, therefore I'm at the heart of the problem. Everyday I live and see it. I don't want to argue with you because that's what they want us to do but at this point all I can say is that at the root of this is the people in Government who are NOT doing there jobs. Case closed.

Quite frankly, I don't want Government! We need a land were community's polices themselves and look out for each other but its obvious that we don't live in such a time; but not that we can't make it happen. But we haft to do something! We elect people to head our concerns but these people turn a blind eye when they get into office so we better do SOMETHING soon as we could all wake up in a land much like Mexico.

So to reiterate myself, the person crossing the border which makes that person an illegal immigrant is only the final result or the symptom to the root cause which is the absolute corrupt Governments that are failing the U.S people as well as the Mexican people!

All this table banging about running down your neighborhood, driving without a license, and taking jobs, ( which by the way your fellow American citizen EMPLOYED) with all due respect, is wasted energy.

We have THE MOST POWERFUL military on the face of the earth, EVER, and your telling me the U.S Government cant get a hold of crime and illegals? This is all planed. If you cant see this then I have just wasted 10 min of my life that I wish I could get back to spend it on something else.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 10-30-2008 at 12:11 PM..

Old 10-29-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You need to add a few things. To your 1. for example, the Mexican government encourages illegal immigration to the USA because that helps avoid making the long over due reforms. And massive immigration makes less pressure for that society to reform.

It's simply easier to get to the USA than to push for reforms, moving to the USA requires no real change in attitudes or corruption. Many illegals participated in corruption, accepted corruption, they are part of that whole system, not pure innocents themselves.

Massive immigration obviously does not solve a single root problem in Mexico but does the exact opposite by allowing things to continue on.
I have just learned something. Thanks.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,528,588 times
Quote:
I feel your pain and I know you are angry. I live in California, therefore I'm at the heart of the problem. Everyday I live and see it. I don't want to argue with you because that's what they want us to do but at this point all I can say is that at the root of this is the people in Government who are NOT doing there jobs. Case closed.

Quite frankly, I don't want Government! We need a land were community's polices themselves and look out for each other but its obvious that we don't live in such a time; but not that we can't make it happen. But we haft to do something! We elect people to head our concerns but these people turn a blind eye when they get into office so we better do SOMETHING soon as we could all wake up in a land much like Mexico.

So to reiterate myself, the person crossing the border which makes that person an illegal immigrant is only the final result or the symptom to the root cause which is the absolute corrupt Governments that are failing the U.S people as well as the Mexican people!

All this table banging about running down your neighborhood, driving without a license, and taking jobs, ( which by the way your fellow American citizen EMPLOYED) with all due respect, is wasted energy.

We have THE MOST POWERFUL military on the face of the earth, EVER, and your telling me the U.S Government cant get a hold of crime and illegals? This is all planed. If you cant see this then I have just wasted 10 min of my life that I wish I could get back to spend it on something else.
And understand and agree with most of what your saying.

It's obvious that this was planned, decades ago.
One reason why the Illegal Immigration problem will not be solved, is becuase the effect would be transfered from the people to the Government and the Elites.(those who are not effected). But the longer the effect is on us, and the Laws are not enforced and some kind of controll is set, it's only going to get seriously worse, and to the point it will cause a national......................disaster(for lack of a better word).

If the Government cannot make money by solving a problem in this country...that problem will not get solved.
So "We The People" are going to have to decide whether we need/want a Government or not.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:46 AM

74 posts, read 125,490 times
Quote:
What this is all about is that you could not find fault with what I said so you then try and find fault with me.

Uck, the silly pettiness of some of the people on these forums.
What is your problem man?
I found a lot of faults with your arguments. Mod cut-orphaned First of all you are defending criminals, saying that just because they had it rough that gives them some sort of right to come over to this country illegally.

So what if their life is tough in Mexico!!!!
My family and I lived in poverty, around corruption and terrorism.
We could have taken a plane to Mexico and crossed illegally, but we didn't because there is a reason for laws.

You're giving the illegals a free pass, as if they have not broken the law, just because "society made them do it."
You think the US government is a big conspiracy that is out to get us. Its not the government is there to protect us, sure there are representatives who do what they can to stay in power and in the process Mod cut us over.

There will always be Corrupt countries and Drug bands all over the world.

The enemy is the ILLEGAL that crosses over and the anchors and brain-washed citizens who "protect" their so called rights. We would love to seal the border, we would love to have a stricter policy on Rules of Engagement on the border, but we can't because all of the Damn so called "activist" who are mostly illegal immigrants, their anchors, and extreme liberals who think this country should be open to everyone to milk as a big fat cow.

Your reply was the most childish thing I have seen on these forums, and this is a 19 year old saying this. All it was was a little kid who couldn't handle being wrong.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 10-30-2008 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 10-30-2008, 04:56 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,771,702 times
Everybody please calm down.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration