Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
To quote Nacho Libre: "Hey! Take it easy!"
I was just brainstorming here since the biggest problem is here, in L.A. where I live and since, like I said, nobody seems to be willing to enforce the laws that are already in the books for fear of looking like the big meanie who is sending back the poor, the tired, the huddled masses.
I can admit when I'm wrong and when I come up with a hair brained idea. Maybe this was one of those times.
As far as the racist attacks, not worth discussing since those are folks who don't deal in reason anyway.
As far as the spelling; thanks for pointing it out. How about typing the correct spelling for me next time? Sometimes I just type away and click the "post" button without reading over what I just typed and this forum doesn't allow you to go back and edit your own posts. I didn't get any little, red, squigly lines for those words and yet I get them for words with apostrophes like "doesn't".
Suffice to say: legal immigrants of any race/ethnicity are welcome here in the USA---------despite the attitude of a few racists.

It is the illegal ones who need to go.

In all fairness: if we were discussing 300-500K illegal aliens vs. ca. 12 million of them and the economy was good............I could understand a limited 'amnesty' for the ones who stayed reasonably 'clean'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 02:27 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In all fairness: if we were discussing 300-500K illegal aliens vs. ca. 12 million of them and the economy was good............I could understand a limited 'amnesty' for the ones who stayed reasonably 'clean'.
In all fairness, care to explain what it is in a limited 'amnesty' for the ones who stayed reasonable 'clean' that you understand?

Old 02-24-2009, 02:53 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
In all fairness, care to explain what it is in a limited 'amnesty' for the ones who stayed reasonable 'clean' that you understand?
Read that ones who who did not commit violent crimes and are willing to pay some serious fines for false ID (assuming that no US citizen/green card holder originally held that SSN).

Remember I also stated that such a deal may be acceptable only of our economy is good--------which rules out any sort of amnesty for now or in the near future.

Just that have ca. 12 million illegals here also nixes any sort of amnesty, period.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:05 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
Note that being here illegally in the first place tends to encourage the above criminals to break additional laws. Using just Mexico as an example: just because its basic 'culture' does not foster respect for the Rule of Law; that is no excuse to import that loser attitude here into the USA-------we have enough homegrown riffraff as it is.
No, actually it's the opposite because they are afraid of being caught and deported, so they do whatever they can to stay out of the eyes of police, and commiting crimes is top of that list. Most illegal immigrants are farm workers, gardeners, maids, janitors and other necessary jobs that people like me would never take, even if we were unemployed. They work very hard to earn an honest living, and they try as hard as possible to make certain their family back home in El Salvador, Honduras, Laos, China, Mexico or wherever they come from has enough money so they don't have to come to the US too.

The only "crime" most of them commit is coming to America, something all of our ancestors did at some point. At least they aren't committing genocide like the Spanish, British, French, Dutch and Americans did...they are moving in peacefully, filling a niche and staying out of trouble for the most part. The ones who are criminals (actual criminals like thieves, rapists, murderers, violent people, etc.) belong in prison or back in their own country, but the ones who just come to make a better life are just as American as my great-grandparents, or your great-great-great-grandparents, or my friend who is a (legal) Cuban immigrant, or my girlfriend's parents (one Filipino, one Iranian)...America is about a melting pot. Remember, it takes a long time to melt a stick of butter in a pot, it does not happen instantly.

The bolded part shows your true motivation in your anti-immigration ferocity: Prejudice, racism and ignorance.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,561,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
The only "crime" most of them commit is coming to America, something all of our ancestors did at some point. At least they aren't committing genocide like the Spanish, British, French, Dutch and Americans did...: Prejudice, racism and ignorance.
Yes...for sure. Reminds me of a guy I know who's been arrested several times for shoplifting. And the only "crime" he's ever committed is going into a store, selecting merchandise, and walking out with it...the same thing I do, and the same thing you do, and the same thing your girlfriend's parents do....(except that he doesn't stop at the checkout stand, like we do).

But he's really a nice guy...(you'd like him)...and at LEAST he isn't a rapist, or a murderer, or a guy who cheats on his spouse. Just a guy, like you and me, who goes shopping and comes home with "stuff". And people get mad at him.

PS ..what "race" does he belong to? Gee...I'm not sure..why do you ask?...

Old 02-24-2009, 03:13 PM

Anyone who thinks otherwise, those who are against this proposal (and who post on these immigration forums quite regularly) all have one thing in common: Anti-Mexican sentiment that could only be classified as bigotry. Observe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
If you want to stimulate the economy put a bounty on illegals! Operation W*tback worked once, it can work again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Amnestied illegal Mexicans who worked a mere 6 quarters ILLEGALLY in the US will be able to receive social security under the totalization agreement with Meheko. Uneducated low skilled miminum wage amnestied illegal Mexican scabs are supposed to save social security, since minimum wage earners pay little or no taxes? What a laugh. Amnestied illegal Mexican scabs would get far more back from social security than they would ever pay in. In addition, these low skilled minimum wage amnestied illegal Mexican scabs work bottom feeders jobs and almost all would then legally qualify for every welfare program in existance, BANKRUPTING welfare as we now know it.
Quote:
Using just Mexico as an example: just because its basic 'culture' does not foster respect for the Rule of Law; that is no excuse to import that loser attitude here into the USA
Any doubt now?

Old 02-24-2009, 03:18 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,561,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Anyone who thinks otherwise, those who are against this proposal (and who post on these immigration forums quite regularly) all have one thing in common: Anti-Mexican sentiment that could only be classified as bigotry. Observe:

Any doubt now?
No doubt from ME, Lefty. You already convinced ME, in the post before THIS one....good work!..

"illegal immigration is OK, EXCEPT for racism".....got it.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
#1. reason NOT to give Amnesty to illegal aliens is:

They will out breed us and become the majority of the "Vote". They'll change the laws and open the borders and we will become a 3rd world cesspool, just like the countries the illegal aliens come from. The illegal aliens have low intelligence and high adrenalin and they will rape, rob and pilliage America, worse than they already are.
This post is even worse than the ones I used as examples before...

Old 02-24-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Yes...for sure. Reminds me of a guy I know who's been arrested several times for shoplifting. And the only "crime" he's ever committed is going into a store, selecting merchandise, and walking out with it...the same thing I do, and the same thing you do, and the same thing your girlfriend's parents do....(except that he doesn't stop at the checkout stand, like we do).

But he's really a nice guy...(you'd like him)...and at LEAST he isn't a rapist, or a murderer, or a guy who cheats on his spouse. Just a guy, like you and me, who goes shopping and comes home with "stuff". And people get mad at him.

PS ..what "race" does he belong to? Gee...I'm not sure..why do you ask?...
Um, no. He is not taking citizenship that belongs to someone else. If he is an illegal immigrant who steals someone's identity, he's an identity thief and should be prosecuted like any other identity thief. But if he is just a man who works as a day laborer, abides by every law and never takes anything from anyone, how is he in any way a shoplifter?

A shoplifter is also known as a thief...he is commiting a crime by stealing something from someone.

Those illegal immigrants I see every day never take anything from me.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:36 PM

2,965 posts, read 3,533,700 times
Surely, you can't be serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration