Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,619,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
Good for you. I never tried to change your believes, I just tried to understand your position. Is something wrong with that?
That's why I asked you. If NCLR is racist to what race are they representing?
..maybe the 'race for the bottom'?.....

Old 02-18-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Anybody else catch that big whooshing noise.....
I think I did....it just went passed my head a moment ago.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:32 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,710,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What a load of crapola.

CNSNews.com - La Raza: Losing Jobs to Illegals is 'Not a Concern' of Americans (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=39335 - broken link)

For the record, La Raza does not speak for all Hispanics in the USA. I for one do not sympathize with them on what they are after.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,777,143 times
Any more talk about grammar/spelling and this thread will be closed.

Firefox dictionary and spell checker add-on.
Yac.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Any more talk about grammar/spelling and this thread will be closed.

Firefox dictionary and spell checker add-on.
Yac.
OK....I'm sorry.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 AM

103 posts, read 141,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Here is the definition of illegal from the dictionary.

Kind of clarifies what exactly it means to be in the US illegally, doesn't it? If illegal aliens are acting in violation of our laws, rules, etc., there is no reason why they should be rewarded with amnesty.

Hi Andrea.
How this apply to NCLR? They are American citizens

Old 02-22-2009, 10:25 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,320,193 times
Quote:
Hi Andrea.
NCLR would be wise in changing their name------------the 'La Raza' part has racist connotations at best. Never mind that there is no 'Hispanic' race.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 70,038,085 times
Quote:
Hi Andrea.
They are Mexican nationalists, many with American citizenship for the money obviously -- they are most motivated by money, but they are Mexican racists.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:04 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,299,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
NCLR would be wise in changing their name------------the 'La Raza' part has racist connotations at best. Never mind that there is no 'Hispanic' race.
"La Raza" has racist connotations at WORST, not 'best'.
It's just another part of your guys' smear campaign.

I proud of the term and the history behind it. I'm proud of the unity our people achieved during the civil rights era that has lasted until today.

Those of you who didn't notice Mexicans until you felt a need to start bitching about them never heard that term until it came up with the immigration debate(as part of said smear campaigns).

I know the term, so I don't readily associate it with whatever organization has it in it's title. And I don't consider it "racist" for someone to be proud of their heritage, especially when plenty of other groups can do so.
I don't really care if a bunch of anti-illegal/immigrant/hispanic goons want to make up their own context for the term and strip Chicanos/Mexicans the right to have a unified identity. It's not going to change.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:31 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,654,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
"La Raza" has racist connotations at WORST, not 'best'.
It's just another part of your guys' smear campaign.

I proud of the term and the history behind it. I'm proud of the unity our people achieved during the civil rights era that has lasted until today.

Those of you who didn't notice Mexicans until you felt a need to start bitching about them never heard that term until it came up with the immigration debate(as part of said smear campaigns).

I know the term, so I don't readily associate it with whatever organization has it in it's title. And I don't consider it "racist" for someone to be proud of their heritage, especially when plenty of other groups can do so.
I don't really care if a bunch of anti-illegal/immigrant/hispanic goons want to make up their own context for the term and strip Chicanos/Mexicans the right to have a unified identity. It's not going to change.

Please enlighten us about the unity "your people" achieved during the civil rights era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration