Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2009, 06:45 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,285,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Meth consumption is dropping here in the States.

Apparently; drug interdiction efforts along the border are starting to bite down--------hard since more and more Mexicans in Mexico are consuming them due to the inability for the dealers to sell their wares here.
Wow, awesome point, Arizonabear. And all the other drugs? Are those consumption rates dropping too?

And what's your point by saying Mexicans are doing meth, and why the emphasis on "In Mexico" as if you made a strong point?
How does that relate when we're talking about the drug demand in AMERICA. Do you have a hard time talking about any of America's problems without at the same time mentioning how you think another country is badder?

Like I said, desperate to project insecurities about America to Mexicans. It's a weird thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,124,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Wow, awesome point, Arizonabear. And all the other drugs? Are those consumption rates dropping too?

And what's your point by saying Mexicans are doing meth, and why the emphasis on "In Mexico" as if you made a strong point?
How does that relate when we're talking about the drug demand in AMERICA. Do you have a hard time talking about any of America's problems without at the same time mentioning how you think another country is badder?

Like I said, desperate to project insecurities about America to Mexicans. It's a weird thing to do.
I stand by what I stated.

Next!

Old 02-25-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I stand by what I stated.

Next!
I'm sure you do, but that doesn't make it make any more sense.

And since there's nobody else in line it seems, do you want to try to make sense out of your weird comments?

Old 02-25-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I'm sure you do, but that doesn't make it make any more sense.

And since there's nobody else in line it seems, do you want to try to make sense out of your weird comments?
I am pretty cut and dried in how I speak...............

Trust me: I have explained things to you many times but you do not take me seriously----------which is not my problem.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I am pretty cut and dried in how I speak...............

Trust me: I have explained things to you many times but you do not take me seriously----------which is not my problem.
It's a very simple thing to explain. What does people taking drugs in Mexico have to do with the drug demand in the United States?

Old 02-26-2009, 12:26 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,942 times
There has been little change in overall drug use in America. Meth may have dropped, but this could be just a fad waning out of favor. Cocaine use saw a resurgence, esp. in colleges. Now this mini-boom has busted. Many people should take these studies with a grain of salt. Drug statistics are unreliable.

Also, domestic drug dealers are a bigger problem. Meth is typically a domestic drug. People do not import meth from Mexico. It's too cheap to risk crossing the border, when all the ingredients can be found here. So it really does beg the question what does meth use in Mexico have to do with anything? Also, do you have reliable stats to back up your assertion of Mexican meth users?

Drug use will be roughly the same levels. The war on drugs is costly and failing. I feel that if there were to be a war on illegal immigration, the same results would happen as in the war on drugs. Costly waste for little results.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
There has been little change in overall drug use in America. Meth may have dropped, but this could be just a fad waning out of favor. Cocaine use saw a resurgence, esp. in colleges. Now this mini-boom has busted. Many people should take these studies with a grain of salt. Drug statistics are unreliable.

Also, domestic drug dealers are a bigger problem. Meth is typically a domestic drug. People do not import meth from Mexico. It's too cheap to risk crossing the border, when all the ingredients can be found here. So it really does beg the question what does meth use in Mexico have to do with anything? Also, do you have reliable stats to back up your assertion of Mexican meth users?

Drug use will be roughly the same levels. The war on drugs is costly and failing. I feel that if there were to be a war on illegal immigration, the same results would happen as in the war on drugs. Costly waste for little results.
If Meth is still so damn popular at least here in Arizona; care to explain with the number of labs being busted has plummeted over 95% (ca. 200 a year in 2003 to about 5 a year now)?

Either Meth is coming from elsewhere or the use of that evil drug is down dramatically. Trust me: it ain't cool being a Tweaker here in Az anymore---------we turn 'em in right and left.

As for the illegals here: the war is just about over; now it is simply a matter of mopping up scattered resistance----------again here in Az.

Old 02-27-2009, 04:37 AM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,942 times
Quote:
If Meth is still so damn popular at least here in Arizona; care to explain with the number of labs being busted has plummeted over 95% (ca. 200 a year in 2003 to about 5 a year now)?

Either Meth is coming from elsewhere or the use of that evil drug is down dramatically. Trust me: it ain't cool being a Tweaker here in Az anymore---------we turn 'em in right and left.

As for the illegals here: the war is just about over; now it is simply a matter of mopping up scattered resistance----------again here in Az.
That's a funny number...since all the reports I have read said that in 2008 was a record year... Also I noted, that there are drug fads. Meth may simply be falling out of fashion. Just like LSD in the 1960s and cocaine in the 1980s. Did drug use overall fall by 1991? No, simply a replacement. So it's kind of easy to have decline if you are at peak usage. Simply nowhere to go but down. Also in Ohio they saw a 42% increase in meth lab raids...

Most analysts agree that the reversals are due to the current economic situation. They made their money in the US and are returning to Mexico since the cost of living is cheaper. More bang for your buck. Much like how in California, during the peak of the market, many came to Arizona. Now, many Californians are coming back to California. So, again, not really an issue of enforcement...Joe Arpiao is the perfect example of what not to do. Maricopa County resources are stretched thin. The county has seen dramatic decreases in revenue, increases in violent crimes, and Arpaio wants an expanded 280 (g)? Sorry, but the free market should dictate the movement of people (which it is). I guess goverment should have programs in place to compliment the free market (work visas, easier entry, less red tape...), but it should not spend billions on building a fence (which in California was built by illegal immigrants....nobody saw that one coming).

There is no war. There are people blindly following one side or the other. There are people who instead of realize a need for comprehensive reform, argue that building a fence and making every law enforcement officer an immigration officer is a better solution. That in our troubled economy, we should place a huge emphasis on spending for illegal immigration. Then there are those that favor completely open borders. I believe the answer is somewhere in the middle. Economics clearly is a better dictator for immigration than officials.

It's 3:30 am, I can't sleep...I have work in the morning. So if this isn't exactly concise or flowing...well...whatever.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,785 times
llegal immigrant held in rape of girl

Posted by David Brewer February 27, 2009 6:36 PM

Categories: Crime
Fort Payne Police DepartmentJuan Francisco Santiago
FORT PAYNE - A $20,000 bond has been set for an illegal immigrant arrested for allegedly raping a girl under 16, according to Fort Payne Police Commissioner Ron Ogletree.
Ogletree said Juan Francisco Santiago, 19, a Guatemalan, was charged with second-degree rape and booked in the City Jail after being held by family members at a Taylor Drive home. The victim, he said, is five months pregnant.
Ogletree said Santiago will be turned over to Immigration Customs Enforcement if he is released on bond.

Illegal immigrant held in rape of girl - Breaking News from The Huntsville Times - al.com

So for $2000, this illegal alien child molester can get out of jail and simply walk off into the Guatemalan sunset. On the other hand, the child he raped is stuck for the rest of her life living with the consequences of his raping her and raising the child of the illegal alien rapist? The insanity continues . . . .

Old 03-01-2009, 06:44 PM

608 posts, read 923,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
llegal immigrant held in rape of girl

Posted by David Brewer February 27, 2009 6:36 PM

Categories: Crime
Fort Payne Police DepartmentJuan Francisco Santiago
FORT PAYNE - A $20,000 bond has been set for an illegal immigrant arrested for allegedly raping a girl under 16, according to Fort Payne Police Commissioner Ron Ogletree.
Ogletree said Juan Francisco Santiago, 19, a Guatemalan, was charged with second-degree rape and booked in the City Jail after being held by family members at a Taylor Drive home. The victim, he said, is five months pregnant.
Ogletree said Santiago will be turned over to Immigration Customs Enforcement if he is released on bond.

Illegal immigrant held in rape of girl - Breaking News from The Huntsville Times - al.com

So for $2000, this illegal alien child molester can get out of jail and simply walk off into the Guatemalan sunset. On the other hand, the child he raped is stuck for the rest of her life living with the consequences of his raping her and raising the child of the illegal alien rapist? The insanity continues . . . .
Only in America. I think this guy could be much more useful to the US as a worker on a prison farm. Of course, I'm sure that the District Atty felt that 2k was all they could get out of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration