Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 08:25 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,604,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Hijacking of the 14th amendment?

Its been the law for a very long time. Lots of countries practice Jus Soli. America being one of them.

United States v. Wong Kim Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are American citizens whether you like it or not. No matter how poor they are.
OK amc, you made the statement, you back it up. Name the countries that automatically grant citizenship to the children of people illegally residing in them.

BTW, your use of Wong Kim Ark is NOT on point. That family was LEGALLY present, although they were not citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 08:35 PM

21,116 posts, read 42,262,584 times
The Anchor Baby (birthright citizenship) loophole will be closed..............precedent has already been set by France and Ireland in recent times.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:42 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,980,947 times
You're right Guy. There was a video posted here on CD where the speaker put up charts and facts and figures, and showed that, to accommodate illegals' children over the coming years, the US has to build a school every day of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Of course, if we weren't spending BILLIONS to educate children who shouldn't even BE HERE districts could afford to pay more, too.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,102,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Don't put words in my mouth.

I am angry about ALL illegal aliens and ALL anchor babies being here. I don't give a crap if they are rich or poor or where they come from. I have never said that I am ONLY angry about those from Mexico and you know that.
You know this speaks volumes I don't give a crap kind of sad in a way, if the illegals have caused this, our government not caring about their own people, or not listening to the Americans for the changes they want. I'm not angry, I am sad of what this administration has done to this country.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,768,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
OK amc, you made the statement, you back it up. Name the countries that automatically grant citizenship to the children of people illegally residing in them.

BTW, your use of Wong Kim Ark is NOT on point. That family was LEGALLY present, although they were not citizens.

Plenty.

The law applies to an individual, not the family. The family isnt granted citizenship, just the individual who was born on a country's soil. Thats how Jus Soli works.

For example, Mexico's Chinese population. Theres a lot of Chinese-Mexicans. A lot of them have come to Mexico illegally. But when they are born in Mexico, they are automatically granted citizenship.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:07 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,102,996 times
Quote:
Plenty.

The law applies to an individual, not the family. The family isnt granted citizenship, just the individual who was born on a country's soil. Thats how Jus Soli works.

For example, Mexico's Chinese population. Theres a lot of Chinese-Mexicans. A lot of them have come to Mexico illegally. But when they are born in Mexico, they are automatically granted citizenship.
Amc, are you saying that if an illegal went to Mexico and had the baby,that they would be granted Mexico citizenship? This is not what we have been hearing on this forum, you know many think you would be thrown in jail, let alone having a baby granted citizenship I have always thought that the Mexican people were very giving, but I am so impressed that they allow this, and do Mexican people gripe about it like they do here?

Old 09-16-2008, 01:50 AM

164 posts, read 260,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The Anchor Baby (birthright citizenship) loophole will be closed..............precedent has already been set by France and Ireland in recent times.

I agree loophole will be closed because amnesty is coming lol .

Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,967,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
I agree loophole will be closed because amnesty is coming lol .
you are assuming that barack obama will win the presidency and that is a pretty big assumption.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:24 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,604,979 times
Quote:
Plenty.

So is Mexico the only country that grants birthright citizenship to the children of illegal aliens? I asked you to name some countries that do so, you tell me only one.

And could you provide a link or two for verification?

Old 09-16-2008, 06:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,941,978 times
Quote:
Plenty.

So? Let Mexico give anyone they wish citizenship. Mexico is Mexico but we are a whole different country with a whole different type of needs.

Don't forget -- Mexico doesn't offer a whole lot of welfare handouts but the USA does and that will guarantee us the worst immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration