Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 02:59 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,453,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
That statement from you was one of the more dispicable ones.
Breeders??? You think you have the right to make disgusting remarks on this forum, especially with the many of whom are or their ancestors were of Mexican desent on this forum?

Guess what? your friends await you on my IGNORE list.

[Al Pacino/scarface voice:]Say hello to your little friends.

Bye, bye sassyone/bianca/and whomever else you pretend you are on any given day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 03:19 PM

391 posts, read 875,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apparently, teaching has now joined the ranks of jobs Americans won't do. We can pay ignorant 'pro' athletes millions of dollars to entertain us by playing with balls, yet we don't consider the education of our children as being important enough to pay decent salaries. It's a national disgrace.
Actually many countries do this. They hire us to teach their kids. I do not think it is a long term contract. I have teacher friends who taught in Korea 2 years and in the PI for 2 years.
I agree we do not pay our teachers enough. Tax dollars cut all the time that cut programs for our kids. I recall my friend that taught in korea took a pay cut. Maybe we do not offer them top dollar. Never know what we are not told. There are huge shortages of teachers all over because now they must have a Masters Degree to be hired. It wasn't always like that. So I won't panic too much yet about teacher trading unless it becomes a permanent pass for citizenship.
The other worry is we hear all the time of the pervs that are our teachers. I hope they are checking these teachers carefully. They could do or be anything.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I'd say the ratio at my kid's school runs about 30% anchors being bussed in. The school down the street runs about 70% anchors and mostly bussed in.
I think for the first time I looked at your location after I read your post. Here where I live it is maybe 10%. I can see why you feel as you do.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:28 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,106,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
I think for the first time I looked at your location after I read your post. Here where I live it is maybe 10%. I can see why you feel as you do.
Hey chey good to see you and your opinions

Old 09-15-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
That statement from you was one of the more dispicable ones.
Breeders??? You think you have the right to make disgusting remarks on this forum, especially with the many of whom are or their ancestors were of Mexican desent on this forum?
She already stated a week or so ago that she hated Mexicans. why would she care about making even more dispicable remarks?

Old 09-15-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Hey chey good to see you and your opinions
Hi Sassy, not letting the old posse get me going. Just looking for someone with a real statement of interest. How's your weather down there? It's about 83 here for Lord only knows how much longer.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
She already stated a week or so ago that she hated Mexicans. why would she care about making even more dispicable remarks?
There is no excuse for it at all. If you have that much hate towards a group of people, then maybe you should rethink the Immigration forum, as you can never see any side but one.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Hi Sassy, not letting the old posse get me going. Just looking for someone with a real statement of interest. How's your weather down there? It's about 83 here for Lord only knows how much longer.
It is quite warm with wind, I have the AC runningas usual.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:25 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,774,770 times
Quote:
She denies it though when called out on it, haha.

She ALWAYS denies hating Mexicans, even with all her remarks and commentary, and even when she has directly said Mexicans have a way of making people hate them.

She's a liar. I've told her about the remarks she's made ,and she's denied them, only to have me bring them back up, at which she quickly changes the subject.

I have no doubt she hates Mexicans, in a way that goes past the immigration debate.

It says a lot about this forum that she hasn't been banned for her remarks, or even given infractions by the very biased and selective moderators.

Old 09-15-2008, 04:35 PM

164 posts, read 261,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
She denies it though when called out on it, haha.

She ALWAYS denies hating Mexicans, even with all her remarks and commentary, and even when she has directly said Mexicans have a way of making people hate them.

She's a liar. I've told her about the remarks she's made ,and she's denied them, only to have me bring them back up, at which she quickly changes the subject.

I have no doubt she hates Mexicans, in a way that goes past the immigration debate.

It says a lot about this forum that she hasn't been banned for her remarks, or even given infractions by the very biased and selective moderators.

Your posts are well thought out and informative. Your a breath of fresh air and reason .
sassyone and you add a voice of common sense to this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration