Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 01:09 PM

327 posts, read 755,957 times

Advertisements

I'm honestly surprised this hasn't happened more. What do you expect when all illegals (mostly Mexicans) are painted as some sort of subhuman scum. Just look at all the garbage topics here at CD.

No doubt they did learn some of this from their parents, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of their feelings came from dumb, general stereotypes of all illegals being gang bangers, drug pushers, and child predators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 01:14 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,523,607 times
It is just sad to see people actually try to justify killing like this.

We need to stop all the hate-casting going on in the media, especially the "we are at war with illegals i.e. Hispanics" talk. More illegals/Hispanics will be targeted and more people with futures will be placed in jail over something which has been elevated by media, internet, parents, politicians and ignorance.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:18 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,597,830 times
And again the 20 million here illegally bear NO responsibilty in your eyes?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
And again the 20 million here illegally bear NO responsibilty in your eyes?
Do illegals bear responsibility for their own murders while in this country? No, that is not legal or civilized at all.

You think they should expect to be killed?

Aren't you Hispanic Guy? If someone kills you, do you think you should be held responsible because of being hispanic like illegals? Otherwise you would understand.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Do illegals bear responsibility for their own murders while in this country? No, that is not legal or civilized at all.

You think they should expect to be killed? Do you think those 18 years olds knew he was illegal or just a Hispanic?
No, but they do bear the responsibility of being here in the first place.

I was talking to an illegal from Mexico City a couple of months ago, he realized that his presence here was lowering wages for American workers AND causing animosity from the natives. Certainly he's not the ONLY one that's smarter than a peyote button?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:30 PM

327 posts, read 755,957 times
If a large corporation goes under, who holds most the blame? The CEO or the guy who cleans the toilets?

I don't blame poor Mexicans for wanting to come here and make a better life for their family. If I were in their shoes, I'd try to do the same thing.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Power View Post
If a large corporation goes under, who holds most the blame? The CEO or the guy who cleans the toilets?

I don't blame poor Mexicans for wanting to come here and make a better life for their family. If I were in their shoes, I'd try to do the same thing.
Then you have no sense of 'right and wrong', either...

Old 07-31-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
No, but they do bear the responsibility of being here in the first place.

I was talking to an illegal from Mexico City a couple of months ago, he realized that his presence here was lowering wages for American workers AND causing animosity from the natives. Certainly he's not the ONLY one that's smarter than a peyote button?
Aren't you Hispanic Guy? If someone kills you, do you think you should be held responsible because of being hispanic like illegals?

Otherwise, your family would understand.

It could happen, every Hispanic person could be a target.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:43 PM

355 posts, read 1,481,013 times
Quote:
So that is your validation for this murder? Because gang-bangers who are Mexican kill people, that means white kids should gang up on mexican kids and kill them?
Wow, one case - ONE. Compared to how many murdering illegal immigrants and children of illegal immigrants?

How many US citizens are killed/murdered DAILY due to the actions of illegal immigrants in this so called 'sovereign' nation, whether it be murder, vehicular manslaughter, etc.? 8? 12? Maybe even more?

Old 07-31-2008, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Aren't you Hispanic Guy? If someone kills you, do you think you should be held responsible because of being hispanic like illegals? Otherwise you would understand.
I think you're missing my point. You're looking to ascertain responsibility for this ONE act. I'm trying to show that this ONE ACT is part of a much larger picture, one that has seemingly redefined Hispanics from Americans to illegal aliens. At this time about half of the Hispanics in this country are here illegally. When I was growing up that percentage was MUCH smaller, maybe 5%. The presence of millions of Hispanics (mostly from Mexico) who have NO RIGHT to be here has caused a backlash that affects ALL Hispanics.

I knew this was coming a long time ago, I knew that Hispanic-Americans would be put at risk, and that the rednecks and racists would be drawn to it like moths to the flame.

Anyone that DIDN'T realize it wasn't paying attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration