Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:39 PM

758 posts, read 2,241,889 times

Advertisements

Immigration laws in Mexico are different and immigration history in Mexico is fraught with pain and abuse. Since the population of Mexico is undereducated and generally the Mexican is propense to pretty much worship the ground foreigners (white) walk on... the government has had to take steps to protect native Mexicans against that. People with a lot of education (European) or with a lot of business know-how (jews and asians) have migrated to Mexico and been explosively succesful, while the ill-equipped natives remain poor... that's why the laws are so tough. To try to give a chance to the natives... who for 500 yrs have been opressed by a ruthless caste system.

Yes... I agree, the U.S. should have similarly tough laws, I'm not denying that. I am simply trying to explain to all of you the rationale behind Mexican immigration laws. I'm neither for them or against them, i'm just trying to educate.

And yes... as a Mexican, I am ashamed at how the government and even my own people treat Guatemalan and Central and South Americans immigrants crossing through Mexico. It's an outrage... especially when their fellow countrymen up north suffer similar fates. You all are correct. It smacks of hipocrisy.

I'm not in favor of the Arizona laws... but I do agree with you on what I just commented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Please offer some proof Mexicans are more honest than Americans.
A BS generalization of course...

Old 05-12-2010, 11:43 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATOGAMO View Post
This is incredible... while millions of mexicans come to the US illegally, they dont allow illegal people from Cuba making their way to America. Mexico not only go after cubans looking for freedom, they also deport them right in the spot and not even back to Cuba, they are send to Guatemala!!!!
What a nerve, so Mexicans can do whatever they want, complain about human rights and all the bla bla bla, but they DO get rid of illegals without any mercy.
Maybe we should start deporting Mexicans to Cuba...I wonder if they have the guts to leave the island the way most cubans do, in a boat or any floating device...
Actually, if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that most illegals crossing from Mexico are not Mexican. The gullies and ditches of southern Arizona a littered wit Identificationn from as far away as Brazil, but most are from central america. They ditch their ID and in many cases buy fake mexican ID so that if they afre caught they will only be taken back to Mexico not back to where they came from. But that's OK just keep scapegoating Mexicans, it's easier

Old 05-12-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgoldilocks View Post
He didn't say Americans, he said white people.
White people? As in caucasian? As in indo-european? As in English, Australian, Armenian, Russian, Dutch, Irish, Scottish, Italian etc?

Old 05-12-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Actually, if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that most illegals crossing from Mexico are not Mexican. The gullies and ditches of southern Arizona a littered wit Identificationn from as far away as Brazil, but most are from central america. They ditch their ID and in many cases buy fake mexican ID so that if they afre caught they will only be taken back to Mexico not back to where they came from. But that's OK just keep scapegoating Mexicans, it's easier
Well. Since we tend to over generalize, lumping so many together as white, why don't we call this a brown people problem instead of a Mexican one?

Old 05-12-2010, 12:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Well. Since we tend to over generalize, lumping so many together as white, why don't we call this a brown people problem instead of a Mexican one?
Hmmm you elude to the race card here.
Southern Italians are quite dark. Are they the majority or even a large % of the illegal problem?
Thai people. Many are quite dark. What % of illegals are Thai people?
Africans. Whoa most of them are a lot more than a little dark. How many of them are illegals?
12 to 20 million illegals depending what count you want to use. I would say that this is a big problem that needs to be addressed.
Not admitting where the largest sourse of illegals come from does not address the problem.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:46 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times
Quote:
Or just non Arayan?

Old 05-12-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmm you elude to the race card here.
Southern Italians are quite dark. Are they the majority or even a large % of the illegal problem?
Thai people. Many are quite dark. What % of illegals are Thai people?
Africans. Whoa most of them are a lot more than a little dark. How many of them are illegals?
12 to 20 million illegals depending what count you want to use. I would say that this is a big problem that needs to be addressed.
Not admitting where the largest sourse of illegals come from does not address the problem.
Race is more the "eluded to" here. It is a definitive aspect of the discussion. But there is also much discussion that so many of the supposed Mexicans coming here aren't Mexican at all. That's part of what I'm referring to. Of course they are coming through Mexico but that's partly a matter of proximity.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Race is more the "eluded to" here. It is a definitive aspect of the discussion. But there is also much discussion that so many of the supposed Mexicans coming here aren't Mexican at all. That's part of what I'm referring to. Of course they are coming through Mexico but that's partly a matter of proximity.
Our government has stats on the nationality of illegals that are here in the largest numbers. The highest number by far are Mexicans.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:33 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Oh the irony - responding to a poster whose last activity was in January of 2009.

Most illegals crossing from Mexico ARE indeed Mexican - many other nations also cross through Mexico. So how does that negate what Catogamo was talking about, and that is how the Mexicans deal with Cuban immigrants - deporting them to Guatemala, instead of back to Cuba. Was it that hard to focus on the point of the thread? I thought it was pretty clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration