Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 06:39 PM

257 posts, read 409,767 times

Advertisements

I don' understand how American cities, particulary those in California, can change so fast so quickly. How could there suddenly be more Mexicans than any other people? That doesn't make sense... nor is it diversity... nor is it right.

Are most Mexicans you see in this country really illegal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 06:44 PM

164 posts, read 299,185 times
True mexicans, yea.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,356,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
I don' understand how American cities, particulary those in California, can change so fast so quickly. How could there suddenly be more Mexicans than any other people? That doesn't make sense... nor is it diversity... nor is it right.

Are most Mexicans you see in this country really illegal?
I guess we all know the answer to that one. The reason we are seeing so many Mexicans and in particular Calif. is because of the large number of them that are here illegally. The last Census stated that there are about 40 million Hispanics in this country. If there are 20 million of them here illegally as many experts agree then that means that half of them are here illegally. You are correct. That isn't diversity. That is one of the reaons we have immigration laws so that it is fair to all ethnic groups that want to migrate here. Mexicans have decided that they will take the biggest share of the pie and to hell with everyone else.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:12 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,591,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
. That is one of the reaons we have immigration laws so that it is fair to all ethnic groups that want to migrate here. Mexicans have decided that they will take the biggest share of the pie and to hell with everyone else.
Well, in all fairness, you must admit these folks are acting 'true to form'. In Mexico, it makes perfect sense that "Mexicans take the biggest share of the pie and to hell with everyone else". That's how Mexican society works.

HERE, that doesn't play too well. Americans are cautioned not to think that way. But if you're here illegally, you're not an American....nor is there any illusion that you have any interest in becoming one. Illegal Mexicans don't think, act, or feel like Americans...because they aren't. Many don't want to be. Their interest is in looking out for themselves, not worrying about the cultural sensibilities of Americans.

In one sense, you could say that the 10% of Mexico which is now here is a population of proud Mexicans, doing exactly what they 'should', in accordance with their culture....taking care of Mexicans. The people who are failing to 'act right' are Americans..who SHOULD be enforcing their borders, and SHOULD be hiring only legal help, and SHOULD be outraged at this wholesale, systematic disrespect of our laws...but are not. We're more concerned about who's mean...and who's xenophobic..and who's racist. We have little interest in 'taking care of America'....we're far too Politically Correct for such sentiments.

So who's doing 'right', and who's doing 'wrong'? Depends on who you ask. Just one more of the great 'conundrums' any society faces when it decides to go 'multicultural'. In our infatuation with multiculturalism, it's easy to overlook the fact that what's good in one culture, may very well be BAD in another.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:27 PM

18,495 posts, read 19,132,693 times
LZkay.....so what if there are more mexicans than you think there should be? ca. is one of the most populated states in the union it is full of all kinds of people. I would ask you are all the "white" people you see "legal"???? most people in the country want to live in ca. america does not look like the 1940's anymore. do you have a problem with other ethnic people who live in ca. or just hispanics?

macmeal and chicagnut...saying mexicans like to take the big share of the pie and to hell with everbody else is the most ridiculous and biased statement I have read in a long time. you have no true understanding of the hispanic culture.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:49 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,356,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
LZkay.....so what if there are more mexicans than you think there should be? ca. is one of the most populated states in the union it is full of all kinds of people. I would ask you are all the "white" people you see "legal"???? most people in the country want to live in ca. america does not look like the 1940's anymore. do you have a problem with other ethnic people who live in ca. or just hispanics?

macmeal and chicagnut...saying mexicans like to take the big share of the pie and to hell with everbody else is the most ridiculous and biased statement I have read in a long time. you have no true understanding of the hispanic culture.
The point is that there are far too many illegals in Calif. and the rest of the nation. The fact is that most of them are Mexicans. These facts aren't race based they are what they are....the truth. I don't know how many white people I see that are illegally in this country but they need to be deported along with the Mexican version and any others. I have no problem with anyone from a different ethnic group just that they be here legally.

No, my last paragraph wasn't ridiculous. Are you denying that Mexicans are taking the biggest share of the pie by jumping our borders illegally by the millions? Let's fact it Mexican culture does have a faction of corruptness and lawlessness. If it weren't so they wouldn't be here by the millions illegally.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:51 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,591,988 times
Quote:
I've probably had a personal, one-on-one relationship with more Mexican illegals than you've ever driven past. Mexico's President has been quoted as saying 'where ever there is a Mexican, there is Mexico'.(and he wasn't the first person to voice such sentiments).

I've traveled to more than half the nations of Latin America. I speak Spanish. My spouse was raised in a Spanish-speaking household. I live on the remnant of a Spanish land grant that's owned by the original family it was granted to...long before California became American.

I never said anything against Hispanics, nor have you ever seen me do so. What I said was that Mexicans are very proud of their culture, very loyal to it, and prefer it and favor it over all others....and that when they come here, illegally, with no plans to assimilate into American society, they continue to do the same thing...promote, emphasize, and favor Mexican culture, and the interests of Mexicans, without any special regard for the interests of outsiders....and that this conflicts with the interests of our society.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:08 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,612,372 times
Quote:

I can only surmise that you haven’t spoken with “most people” in this country. I have never desired to live in CA. If so, I would be there now. I have nothing against CA, but your comment is baseless.

Furthermore, I don’t know of anyone who desires to live in an area in any region of this country occupied by hordes of illegals. Why would they?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,278,981 times
Quote:

I am 47 years old. I have yet to meet anyone who wanted to live in CA other than folks from Ca.
Why are Mexicans suspect? Could it be that Mexicans are the most numerous abusers of our immigration laws?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:25 PM

313 posts, read 345,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've probably had a personal, one-on-one relationship with more Mexican illegals than you've ever driven past. Mexico's President has been quoted as saying 'where ever there is a Mexican, there is Mexico'.(and he wasn't the first person to voice such sentiments).

I've traveled to more than half the nations of Latin America. I speak Spanish. My spouse was raised in a Spanish-speaking household. I live on the remnant of a Spanish land grant that's owned by the original family it was granted to...long before California became American.

I never said anything against Hispanics, nor have you ever seen me do so. What I said was that Mexicans are very proud of their culture, very loyal to it, and prefer it and favor it over all others....and that when they come here, illegally, with no plans to assimilate into American society, they continue to do the same thing...promote, emphasize, and favor Mexican culture, and the interests of Mexicans, without any special regard for the interests of outsiders....and that this conflicts with the interests of our society.
All that could be considered being "against" Mexicans at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration