Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:36 PM

377 posts, read 687,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
The Canadians aren't going to let it get out of hand the way we have.
Maybe the great U.S. needs to look north instead of south for advice and solutions….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 05:11 AM

419 posts, read 2,026,060 times
I know many businesses in Canada say they wish they had more Mexican Workers. They miss a large underclass to do the menial work. Most Canadian immigrants are highly educated Asians.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:54 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,618,043 times
Perhaps things will go smoother in Canada. The Canadians have never (officially at least) insisted on, or even WANTED, assimilation in their immigrants. They've very much pushed the "salad bowl" multicultural ideal. Personally I think they're "crazy", but that's their official goal. They have the vast spaces and small population to make it work, I guess. (though Canada is sometimes described as a very WEAK confederacy that could "come apart" if things go wrong). At any rate, Mexico has no historic "gripe" with Canada. The "Aztlan" people won't spouting their silly nonsense up there, the immigrants will not be able to go "home" every weekend, and maybe they'll end up fitting in and becoming "good Canadians". An optimistic view would be that they avoid some of the worst aspects that we've encountered here in the States, and will do things better. It's worth a shot.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:18 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,313,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Perhaps things will go smoother in Canada. The Canadians have never (officially at least) insisted on, or even WANTED, assimilation in their immigrants. They've very much pushed the "salad bowl" multicultural ideal. Personally I think they're "crazy", but that's their official goal. They have the vast spaces and small population to make it work, I guess. (though Canada is sometimes described as a very WEAK confederacy that could "come apart" if things go wrong). At any rate, Mexico has no historic "gripe" with Canada. The "Aztlan" people won't spouting their silly nonsense up there, the immigrants will not be able to go "home" every weekend, and maybe they'll end up fitting in and becoming "good Canadians". An optimistic view would be that they avoid some of the worst aspects that we've encountered here in the States, and will do things better. It's worth a shot.
I hope you are correct.

Some of the 'Aztlan' types may go whining and kissing up with the Canadian 'First Nations' or even the French-Canadian 'Metis' groups.

Metis is a mixture of Iroquois, etc. and White-------think Mestizo.

Although; I read an article some years ago stating that quite a few Mexican immigrants to Canada were against being forced to learn French and voted against Quebec's plan to secede.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:20 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,517,740 times
Most will be deported. Canada will care for them for something like 18 months then keep only a few from what I've seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration