Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,740,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I wish those asshat politicians would get it. I don't know what it's gonna take to scare them enough into following the wishes of Americans instead of illegal aliens.
As long as we remain virtually a silent minority we will be considered nothing more than a backburner, disgruntled minority and nothing will reverse the catastrophe path that this country is on. Illegal aliens on the other hand have hispanic relatives who are citizens that can vote and more dedicated to going to the polls in order to ensure that the laws are skirted and their voices are heard on behalf of their illegal alien family members. Said "hispanic voters" both legal and illegal voted to ensure to get the attention of the idiot politicians on both sides of the aisle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 02:05 PM

63,483 posts, read 29,510,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
3 million out of 400 million people living in this country is less than 1% Imagine if some of those 10 million disillusioned Obama voters from 2008 had voted for Romney instead of sitting this one out?

Or if the 3 million that voted for McCain had come out to vote for Romney instead of sitting this one out?

Just remember -- there is an economy that Obama needs to get going on --- he'd better be doing something about that and put the American people's needs ahead of the foreigners.
What I don't understand is how these Americans who are for amnesty and rewarding immigration law breakers justify their stance. How do they live with blackmailing our politicians into putting illegal foreigners above our laws and the needs of our own citizens? Doesn't their conscience enter into the picture at all or don't they have one?

As you said, our economy is bad and millions of Americans are out of work. I wish these people would explain why they take the stance that they do but none of them have ever done that except to say we need to be compassionate. Yet there seems to be no compassion for our own citizens that this is negatively impacting. I seriously doubt that same compassion would come into play for American lawbreakers. The rule of law is the rule of law. Why are our immigration laws meaningless to them? What about all the legal immigrants who came here the right way? Isn't granting amnesty a slap in the face to them?

Last edited by Oldglory; 11-10-2012 at 02:15 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,444,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What I don't understand is how these Americans who are for amnesty and rewarding immigration law breakers justify their stance. How do they live with blackmailing our politicians into putting illegal foreigners above our laws and the needs of our own citizens? Doesn't their conscience enter into the picture at all or don't they have one?

As you said, our economy is bad and millions of Americans are out of work. I wish these people would explain why they take the stance that they do but none of them have ever done that except to say we need to be compassionate. Yet there seems to be no compassion for our own citizens that this is negatively impacting. I seriously doubt that same compassion would come into play for American lawbreakers. The rule of law is the rule of law. Why are our immigration laws meaningless to them? What about all the legal immigrants who came here the right way? Isn't granting amnesty a slap in the face to them?
It is, and we shouldn't even be discussing amnesty when we have so many millions of people out of work. It's obscene.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:46 PM

26,667 posts, read 28,904,705 times
Isn't granting amnesty a slap in the face to them?

It certainly is. I live in MA, a state that is supposedly pro-illegal but I have yet to meet anyone who is for them. In particular, every LEGAL immigrant I have ever met is strongly opposed to them.I'm another person who voted for Obama and I agree with him on most things but not on his stance on illegals.

Has anyone noticed what illegals have done to the UK? Well, they're technically not illegal, they are members of the Commonwealth, Pakistanis. Finally they have been stopped and they will have to get a passport and a visa like everyone else but it's too late. Huge families of them exist on welfare because they didn't have to go through the LEGAL immigration system that would have rejected them if they couldn't support themselves. In many parts of England there are mosques on every corner--and it would be okay except that terrorism is smoldering in those mosques. There are quite a few terrorist plots being uncovered over there that we don't hear about.

They want Sharia Law to be above British law. So if someone steals, they cut off his hand. Men can beat their wives. Thankfully, the government finally stopped them from wearing those black hooded burkas with the eye slits to school. But now they are starting their own schools. Anyway, people should take notice and look around at what happens when you don't have any restrictions on who enters the country and stays. Other European countries are cracking down.

Somewhere along the way we forgot to enforce the rules so when are we going to START again? No one should just be able to cross our borders and stay here without permission.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Isn't granting amnesty a slap in the face to them?

It certainly is. I live in MA, a state that is supposedly pro-illegal but I have yet to meet anyone who is for them. In particular, every LEGAL immigrant I have ever met is strongly opposed to them.I'm another person who voted for Obama and I agree with him on most things but not on his stance on illegals.

Has anyone noticed what illegals have done to the UK? Well, they're technically not illegal, they are members of the Commonwealth, Pakistanis. Finally they have been stopped and they will have to get a passport and a visa like everyone else but it's too late. Huge families of them exist on welfare because they didn't have to go through the LEGAL immigration system that would have rejected them if they couldn't support themselves. In many parts of England there are mosques on every corner--and it would be okay except that terrorism is smoldering in those mosques. There are quite a few terrorist plots being uncovered over there that we don't hear about.

They want Sharia Law to be above British law. So if someone steals, they cut off his hand. Men can beat their wives. Thankfully, the government finally stopped them from wearing those black hooded burkas with the eye slits to school. But now they are starting their own schools. Anyway, people should take notice and look around at what happens when you don't have any restrictions on who enters the country and stays. Other European countries are cracking down.

Somewhere along the way we forgot to enforce the rules so when are we going to START again? No one should just be able to cross our borders and stay here without permission.
Unfortunately, until we get rid of the career politicians it will continue. This invasion is by design and has been progressing as planned since the last amnesty in 1986. It is not by accident but by design that our borders have remained wide open. It is also by design that the career politicians are in agreement that millions of Mexico's uneducated and poverty stricken deserve yet another amnesty.

After all, the only Americans who will have to live side by side and deal with the atrocity of illegals and another amnesty will then be those of us who "used to be" the middle class.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:11 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,285,968 times
I find it ironic that hispanics are up in arms about being stereotyped as illegals yet it is hispanics who demand amnesty for illegals.
Illegals have a support network in place. I am pretty sure it isnt first or second generation swiss or Thai citizens who are providing sanctuary and support to the millions who came from south of the border.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,881,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I find it ironic that hispanics are up in arms about being stereotyped as illegals yet it is hispanics who demand amnesty for illegals.
Illegals have a support network in place. I am pretty sure it isnt first or second generation swiss or Thai citizens who are providing sanctuary and support to the millions who came from south of the border.
Yeah.

We're not even allowed to point out the vast majority of illegals are hispanics without accusations of racism. Yet hispanic leaders feel they have the inherent right to demand appeasement to illegals solely because they are hispanic.

How is the hispanic lobby not racist? No one else is really calling for amnesty for illegals. Certainly not the millions of unemployed Americans.

Latino leaders are certainly not calling on Latino nations to relax their immigration laws and allow millions of unskilled Chinese who don't speak Spanish to move to Latin American.

How is that not hypocrisy?

Old 11-11-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
It's not ironic, nor are they surprised. They pretend to be surprised because it makes them appear to be innocent. They are simply following the LaRaza play book and know exactly what they are doing. Whether you are the descendant of slave masters or not, the history of slavery and racism in this country is used to the advantage by practically every person of color that technically has nothing to offer America and wants to participate in the free ride to benefits and citizenship. Once they cross our border, they use the history of American racism as an excuse to guilt white Americans into allowing them to stay.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,497,405 times
Sure. I suggest we completely review allow immigration issues. Let's give amnesty to everyone, today.

Let's also end birthright citizenship in the same act.

Hmmmm....whatwould happen with that?!

Old 11-11-2012, 11:11 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,864,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
It's not ironic, nor are they surprised. They pretend to be surprised because it makes them appear to be an innocent. They are simply following the LaRaza play book and know exactly what they are doing. Whether you are the descendants of slave masters or not, the history of slavery and racism in this country is used to the advantage by practically every person of color that technically have nothing to offer America and that uses racism as an excuse or reason as to why the come here illegally from another country.
That's quite a rant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration