Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 05:49 PM

3,487 posts, read 4,587,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In response to your inserted comments, the fact that their numbers have grown at an unprecedented rate still does not explain why they should be considered "more critical" than other groups, particularly given the fact that without illegal immigration they would not have such a large population.

Again, Obama received 93% of the black vote, and 73% of the Asian. Both groups voted at a higher percentage than Hispanics, and without their votes he could not have been elected. Yet, somehow the Latino vote reigns supreme. I am still waiting for someone to explain why he "owes" them something that he does not owe others.

If you don't understand the Tavis Smiley commentary and the related comments, nothing I say will make sense. Just leave it alone.

I wasn't trying to be difficult. I honestly thought you knew how to quote individual sections. As you can see, when you quote within another poster's comment, they don't appear when that poster responds. Try the following steps and see what happens.

Step 1: Highlight and click "copy" where you see "Quote=Benicar...." It will begin with "[" and end with "]"

Step 2: Place the cursor at the beginning of the section you want to quote.

Step 3: Click "paste" and you will then see

Step 4: Highlight and click "copy" over the "end quote" it begins with "[/" and ends with "]" and place that at the end of the section you are quoting.

I hope this helps.
Hey, I wrote a reply and when I submitted it it got erased because I the internet went off line. I will reply later but at least I want to say thanks for the instructions. I need to see my 25 daughter dance in a Mexican folk show. Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 05:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,670,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Hey, I wrote a reply and when I submitted it it got erased because I the internet went off line. I will reply later but at least I want to say thanks for the instructions. I need to see my 25 daughter dance in a Mexican folk show. Take care.
You're welcome. Also, if you want to quote several sections from a post, after you highlight and copy the beginning (Quote=Benicar), paste that at the beginning of each section you want to quote. Then highlight and copy the end quote and paste it at the end of each quoted section.

Enjoy the show.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:17 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,888,273 times
Hispanics should have the same expectations as other Americans: a better economy, fairer tax laws, action on global warming, a fight againsts religious fanaticism. They should not expect that Americans will invite low skilled, badly educated hispanics who do not speak English here in the middle of a recession and give them access to our tax dollars just because they are hispanic.

Hispanic leaders who believe otherwise are selfish racists who should do Americans a favor and move to a majority hispanic country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration