Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 04:14 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,377,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Given that US immigration laws are in fact racist, then yes, enforcement of them is also racist.

I have read this entire thread and you have not proven in any way, shape, or form that U.S. immigration laws are racist. Your attempts at spinning the facts are not proof. Post your proof or admit that you are wrong and move on.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:00 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,882,787 times
Quote:
The fact that they're mostly "from a single ethnic group" has nothing to do with race?

Well at least we got it out in the open.
Got what out in the open? Your sexism?

Quote:
Seriously, the fact that you're still hysterically latched on to this organ thing is absolutely hilarious.
Illegal aliens qualify for organ transplants. I'm sorry facts are alien to you.
Quote:
Tinman, take note! This poster here is up in arms that people "from a single ethnic group" that "don't speak our language" might be treated like human beings.
I am treating them like human beings. I expect that human beings will respect our nation's laws and not violate them at every turn. I expect that human beings will not skip lines, drive without licenses or insurance or demand that I learn a foreign language.

You, OTOH, are treating them like children. How sad!

Quote:
It's not going to get much more obvious than this. What this poster is saying is that this group of people (who she is CHOOSING to defining largely by ethnic and language criteria) should be treated differently than respectable people. This poster is justifying this position with various derogatory remarks (they're dropouts, welfare scammers, etc).
What you are saying is that you have serious reading comprehension issues. Yet again.

The people in question choose to define themselves by ethnic and language criteria voluntarily. Most illegals are from a single ethnic group. They demand special treatment such as the right to violate our immigration laws based on that fact. They demand this for themselves and themselves only.

Witness the OP. At no point does he mention other ethnic groups. Oh no. It's all about Obama's failure to do the bidding of the Latino lobby and invite every single person from Mexico to come here.

The rest is simply a statement of fact. Most illegals are high school drop outs. Most get welfare or they would not be able to survive here. I am sorry you have a problem with a simple recitation of facts. Perhaps your sexism blinds you to logic.

Quote:
Every single person doesn't WANT to move here. BUt even if they did, there are natural processes that control such movements. Not everyone in the US is moving to Manhattan, even though there's no legal restriction preventing current US residents from doing so. Markets adjust for changes in both supply and demand. As people move, markets adjust. Eventually if there really are "too many" people then the market would send that signal via prices, just like it does in all other cases. The "we don't have room" boogeyman is just another scare tactic. The US is, relative to most industrialized nations, very, very sparsely populated.
Many poor people do. The only way they can survive if they do is get welfare. No one has a right to ask Americans to subsidize their decision to move here. It's ironic you use a comparison with Manhattan. Many people would love to move there. They don't. Why? Because they can't afford it. Under your idiot logic we should just demand that Manhattanites pay a special tax to make sure that the whole world can move there.

Quote:
Every single "high income" nation on that list has HIGHER population density than the US. And that's just comparing urban areas! There is PLENTY of room.
Once again you illustrate your essential lack of education and understanding of just about anything.

Much of the areas you deem not that dense are in places that are not that desirable or particularly inhabitable. Even California is largely only sustainable because of massive subsidies of water. The same is true of much of the southwest.

But keep arguing for the continued environmental degredation of the United States. Better yet keep accusing anyone who dares disagree with you of racism.

Quote:
Of course, my allegations have a real basis (they're based on the words you chose to type) whereas your posts are full of ad hominems such as "twit" (and much worse). You really, really don't want to get into this discussion, you'll lose, and lose badly.
Your posts are based on twisting my words.

You've called me all kinds of the most vile names. You accused me of belonging to the worst website on the internet. So **** about ad hominems. Your posts basically boil down to using sexist terms to accuse anyone who disagrees with you of racism.

You're an arrogant little brat and probably a dreamie. Why don't you go back to Mexico and take your parents and their third grade education, fake driver's license and off the books jobs with you? We don't need them and we sure as hell don't want to spend the millions it would cost to give you a brain.

Quote:
Nailed it with the same wrong talking points (ie "jumping in line") they always use.
OMG you used the word they. You are a racist! Or a sexist. Or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I have read this entire thread and you have not proven in any way, shape, or form that U.S. immigration laws are racist. Your attempts at spinning the facts are not proof. Post your proof or admit that you are wrong and move on.
He never posts proof. All he does is accuse people of racism using sexist language. The irony gods are laughing at him just like the rest of us.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:38 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,766,554 times
I was going to handle out infractions, but since apparently both sides of this prefer to resort to strawman arguments and personal attacks, I'm just going to close this. No point in suspending half of the forum, is there ?
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration