Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to sponsor an Illegal Immigrant?
Yes, I would be more than willing to act as sponsor to illegal immigrants. 19 7.09%
No, but I would be happy to pay a higher personal tax to help pay for their support. 7 2.61%
No, but I would be happy to host them in my home if someone else pays me for it. 2 0.75%
No. I do not wish to support illegal immigrants in ANY way with my tax dollars or personal income. 240 89.55%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:48 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,084,567 times

Advertisements

What rights?! They are here illegally, they should be deported along with their anchor babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 02:23 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,049,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
What rights?! They are here illegally, they should be deported along with their anchor babies.
Please educate yourself on existing laws and rights before posting. Good or bad, they are protected by the bill of rights, at the least.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:26 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,049,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Illegals are playing with FIRE if they try it. They are making more and more people mad.
I am willing to bet, I will see many more Shauna Fordes in prison, if this ever happens.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I am willing to bet, I will see many more Shauna Fordes in prison, if this ever happens.
Shawna Forde did not commit murder because the victims were illegals or Hispanics. She and her ilk committed murder over drug money.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:21 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,414,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I think we should grant them full rights, along with some kind of transition mechanism to make them full legal citizens. It's the price we pay for being such a free society, a nation comprised of immigrants, and a beacon for freedom throughout the world.

Ludicrous to exclude these proud people. Those of you calling for the mass exodus of all illegal immigrants need to deal with your personal issues. Living in such a state of negativity is detrimental to your health and diminishes your quality of life.

I note here that Republicans have no problem watching the rich get richer, or excessive amounts of money being dumped into the military to nation build and aid poor people on the other side of the world. Yet, when money is spent here at home to aid such people, they are unreasonable and misguided in their outrage. I support amnesty and a program to make these people full citizens.

OMG ~~ that's the funniest thing I have read in a while. How many are you going to "sponsor"??

Old 04-15-2011, 08:22 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,513,525 times
Hello, I like these questions. They are thought provoking. As far as "Are you in favor of giving illegal immigrants full rights which they have not earned and are not entitled to?" no, I am not. The statement is too general and so no they should not have "full rights" whatever that means.

As far as "Do you feel that they have the right to come here without going through the normal, LEGAL channels,... ?" No I don't think they have the right-they have the desperation to come here and try to make a living-not the right."

As far as the end of the sentence "...which have been set up to ensure the health and safety of ALL Americans, and to prevent immigration of criminals and those who are unable to support themselves?" That is debatable -where the immigration laws were setup for the reasons you stated. personally I don't know the facts.

And now the last idea "If you are in favor of allowing illegals to enter and then remain in this country unimpeded, and currently at the cost of EVERY hard working American taxpayer, would you be willing to sacrifice some of your own money to keep them here?.." If they started a non-profit I would give some money to it. I would only want to sponsor the ones that are wanting to work hard and have no criminal backgrounds. I personally do not want to have any live with me because I live in a small house AND that sounds complicated. It is my goal one day to live in a bigger house and hopefuly have a spare room or apartment that I can let my friends that are "down on their luck" stay in and if there was a system of sponsoring some illegals I would let them live there. My idea is to let all my crazy artist friends who are marginally employed stay for 6 months at a time so if there were some sponsored illegals why not them too?

Thanks for making me think about this.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:31 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,513,525 times
nan 5623 I don't think Lexus said they were going to sponsor any-but if they did then wouldn't that be a good thing? Then you as an American taxpayer wouldn't have to pay for them.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:12 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,313,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
I honestly feel no need or obligation to support a person, regardless of where they came from, with my money if they have broken the law by coming here illegally.
This post says it in a nutshell!

Old 04-15-2011, 10:13 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,449,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
I fully agree with you. But for those who are happy to have illegals here, let them put their OWN money where their mouth is So far, I see no takers
You won't find many takers on this forum either.

You should post this on the La Raza website in a form of questions..

Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,449,716 times
Anyone willing to sponser an "ILLEGAL" immigrant, is labeled "UNAMERICAN" in my book..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration