Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be willing to sponsor an Illegal Immigrant?
Yes, I would be more than willing to act as sponsor to illegal immigrants. 19 7.09%
No, but I would be happy to pay a higher personal tax to help pay for their support. 7 2.61%
No, but I would be happy to host them in my home if someone else pays me for it. 2 0.75%
No. I do not wish to support illegal immigrants in ANY way with my tax dollars or personal income. 240 89.55%
Voters: 268. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:34 AM

4,262 posts, read 9,314,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Are you in favor of giving illegal immigrants full rights which they have not earned and are not entitled to? Do you feel that they have the right to come here without going through the normal, LEGAL channels, which have been set up to ensure the health and safety of ALL Americans, and to prevent immigration of criminals and those who are unable to support themselves?

If you are in favor of allowing illegals to enter and then remain in this country unimpeded, and currently at the cost of EVERY hard working American taxpayer, would you be willing to sacrifice some of your own money to keep them here? Would you invite them to live in your home with you and take upon yourself the burden of supporting them? Would you become a sponsor to a family of illegal immigrants, willing to put your neck on the line as a guarantor of any debts they may accrue, in order to prevent them from becoming a burden to the tax payer and the government? Is your dedication to their cause that strong? Or are you only happy to have them here as long as EVERYONE has to foot the bill, whether they want to or not?

I have never understood this, illegals come into our country illegally, there is no record of them being here, because again they are illegal, then they get to scream for equal rights, don't think so. You want equal rights, instead of forking out $500 to $1000 to pay a coyote to bring you here, use that money to come here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 07:47 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,437,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
I honestly feel no need or obligation to support a person, regardless of where they came from, with my money if they have broken the law by coming here illegally.
Exactly. ILLEGAL is just that ~~ ILLEGAL. Round em up, ship em back

Old 04-14-2011, 07:56 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,092,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I think we should grant them full rights, along with some kind of transition mechanism to make them full legal citizens. It's the price we pay for being such a free society, a nation comprised of immigrants, and a beacon for freedom throughout the world.

Ludicrous to exclude these proud people. Those of you calling for the mass exodus of all illegal immigrants need to deal with your personal issues. Living in such a state of negativity is detrimental to your health and diminishes your quality of life.

I note here that Republicans have no problem watching the rich get richer, or excessive amounts of money being dumped into the military to nation build and aid poor people on the other side of the world. Yet, when money is spent here at home to aid such people, they are unreasonable and misguided in their outrage. I support amnesty and a program to make these people full citizens.
Please write a check payable to the federal and/or state government, for the entirety of your personal assets, to support the illegals for whom you wish to give amnesty and the services they have already stolen by being here illegally.

Government - Gift Contributions to Reduce Debt Held by the Public

Old 04-14-2011, 08:10 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,519,088 times
As I paid my income tax and property tax this year, I say "no". They are using our resources for free.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:12 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,854,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Please write a check payable to the federal and/or state government, for the entirety of your personal assets, to support the illegals for whom you wish to give amnesty and the services they have already stolen by being here illegally.

Government - Gift Contributions to Reduce Debt Held by the Public
I dont know if A-lexus is a citizen of this country[since C-D is world-wide] but if He/Sheis a US tax-payer as you are, are not both of you paying for the "services they have already stolen"? And couldn't the same be asked for measures you wish to implement?

Could Americans say...If you want the 14th amendment changed...pay all costs?

Could Americans ask if you want Mass Deportations, foot the bill, pay the billions out of your personal accourts?

Asking for a member of C-D to "take-in" illegals and pay their bills is as ridiculous as my above questions.

If America wants to encure more massive debt in the billions by trying to Mass Deport millions of illegal aliens...then we will all have to share that tax burden. We will have to share the tax burden whatever the solutions are.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 AM

50,713 posts, read 47,599,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I dont know if A-lexus is a citizen of this country[since C-D is world-wide] but if He/Sheis a US tax-payer as you are, are not both of you paying for the "services they have already stolen"? And couldn't the same be asked for measures you wish to implement?

Could Americans ask if you want Mass Deportations, foot the bill, pay the billions out of your personal accourts?

Asking for a member of C-D to "take-in" illegals and pay their bills is as ridiculous as my above questions.

If America wants to encure more massive debt in the billions by trying to Mass Deport millions of illegal aliens...then we will all have to share that tax burden. We will have to share the tax burden whatever the solutions are.
Please explain how a one time expense costs more than reoccurring ones which are free social services.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:34 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,708,000 times
I support the deportation of illegals.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:54 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,854,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Please explain how a one time expense costs more than reoccurring ones which are free social services.
Free social services are a gift that you are giving. If you dont want to give that gift...change the law.

If you cant change the law, then you have to examine the cause...not assess blame, but examine why a majority of your countrymen do not or will not support your measures...

Old 04-14-2011, 09:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,373,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

I wonder how many times we have to repeat that if incentives are removed for them to remain here or to continue to come here many if not most will self-deport. Again, there are little to no costs associated with that.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:11 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,373,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Exactly! Even if the deportations were involuntary it would be a one time cost opposed to years and years of social welfare, more anchor babies, continued decline of jobs for Americans, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration