Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 06:01 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taras View Post
What injustices are you talking about? That fact that people want our countries laws respected? Its obvious what your agenda is based on your posts here. You don't care about america or its people, you only care about your fellow hispanics and think they should be able to come here from where ever when ever they please.
Agreed.

"Want" is not reason enough to get to come here and pillage our social service network. "Want" means come here by the book, assimilate and be an American not a parasite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 06:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
He is my favorite congressman, he has the integrity to stand against injustice, and the BS of the system, he has inspired many spanish politicians....
Spanish politicians? Isn’t this the United States of America? Why the hell would he inspire politicians in Spain? Or, are you referring to Latino/Hispanic, in other words, “American” politicians. If so, correct me if I’m mistaken, but didn’t they swear to uphold the laws of THIS country, and to represent the interests of their constituents? The last time I checked, illegal aliens do not have representatives in Congress, or at least, according to the law, they don’t.

As others have requested, please elaborate on the “injustices.” Surely, you don’t mean injustices such as receiving a “free” education, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, and myriad other benefits and services at taxpayers’ expense -- notwithstanding being interlopers, parasites, thieves, tax evaders, the list goes on. . . . .

Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Spanish politicians? Isn’t this the United States of America? Why the hell would he inspire politicians in Spain? Or, are you referring to Latino/Hispanic, in other words, “American” politicians. If so, correct me if I’m mistaken, but didn’t they swear to uphold the laws of THIS country, and to represent the interests of their constituents? The last time I checked, illegal aliens do not have representatives in Congress, or at least, according to the law, they don’t.

As others have requested, please elaborate on the “injustices.” Surely, you don’t mean injustices such as receiving a “free” education, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, and myriad other benefits and services at taxpayers’ expense -- notwithstanding being interlopers, parasites, thieves, tax evaders, the list goes on. . . . .
Interesting culture isn't it? What's mine is mine and what's yours is.........also mine.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:17 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

That is incorrect, Since the US census counts all persons present in the US at time of census, and congressional districts are created and apportioned by the numbers of persons in that district... all in that district are constituents.

are you familiar with the 3/5ths rule?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
He is my favorite congressman, he has the integrity to stand against injustice, and the BS of the system, he has inspired many spanish politicians....
Really? I didn't know we had so many "Spanish" politicians?

Did you mean Mexican?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:06 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Did you mean Mexican?
She should have said "Hispanic" politicians. I believe that Gutierrez is from Puerto Rican roots.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:09 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Did you mean Mexican?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
She should have said "Hispanic" politicians. I believe that Gutierrez is from Puerto Rican roots.
Alot of even Indian or Black Hispanics will use the word Spanish cause it sounds better. Racsism much?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:13 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Alot of even Indian or Black Hispanics will use the word Spanish cause it sounds better. Racsism much?
Except when they want to play the reconquista card. Then they are "indigenous" rather than Spanish.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:12 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Not really. But you could blame that one on the government since they started using that term back in the 70's for census purposes, I believe.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
That is incorrect, Since the US census counts all persons present in the US at time of census, and congressional districts are created and apportioned by the numbers of persons in that district... all in that district are constituents.

are you familiar with the 3/5ths rule?
Wrong! Illegal aliens are NOT citizens, can NOT vote (legally) -- which, by the way, means they are NOT constituents, and therefore, are NOT represented by Congress.

And, yes, I am familiar with the 3/5th rule. Sorry, but it applies to citizens of the United States of America, not foreign interlopers. Do you actually believe every foreigner who manages to breach our border security, or overstay a visa, is entitled to Congressional representation?

Here's a free lesson. . .

Quote:
Every citizen is represented in Congress in two ways by three people. Each citizen has two U.S. senators who represent them as residents of a state. Each citizen also has one U.S. representative who speaks for them as a resident of a congressional district. Senators and representatives thus face different challenges, yet they must somehow reach agreement from these different perspectives. The system as a whole is designed for stability rather than quick change, a fact that sometimes frustrates people.
What’s that? No mention of illegal aliens?

CongressLink: [Congress: Teaching It - Expert Views] What Every Student Should Know About Congress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration