Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,500,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Mr. Gutierrez doesnt not represent a congressional district in Arizona. He is a Representative from the great state of Illinios.

This Supreme court rulling affirms that Arizona has the right to fine businesses that hire illegal alien workers as is allowed by US Immigration law. I dont think Rep. Gutierrez ever opposed Arizona's right to follow federal law.

Who cares where he is from, the way he thinks is ugly.

Chi si preoccupa dove e' da, e' tuttavia una canaglia.

Who cares where he is from, he is still a dirtbag!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 05:13 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,850,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Who cares where he is from, the way he thinks is ugly.

Chi si preoccupa dove e' da, e' tuttavia una canaglia.

Who cares where he is from, he is still a dirtbag!
evendenty not the poster who thought he was from Arizona...

He may be a dirtbag, but he is an American dirtbag with all the same rights and privileges as you to advocate his dirtbag views.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:50 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,695,364 times
Quote:
evendenty not the poster who thought he was from Arizona...

He may be a dirtbag, but he is an American dirtbag with all the same rights and privileges as you to advocate his dirtbag views.
He doesn't deserve to be called an American or have his name in the same sentence.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:02 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,499,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This guy is a radical nut
For lack of a more appropriate word that violates CD's TOS.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:08 AM

2,380 posts, read 5,059,986 times
Quote:
He is leading a foreign civilian force against our nations laws & the wishes of this country. His goal is to reward law breakers.

Can he be kicked out of office?
While I don't like the guy, nor do I like his immigration proposals, he is not leading foreign civilian. These people wish to become Americans, not give the land to their countries. Also, many of these families where there is an illegal parent, there is also a legal parent. In other words, legal immigrant married to an illegal immigrant.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:12 AM

2,380 posts, read 5,059,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Luis Gutierrez is leaving the Senate seat after the last vote for the DREAMact, to lead a hispanic civil rights movement like the Blacks did. He thinks he's some
Hispanic style Martin Luther King.
What he doesn't realize is that, without his power in office he won't be looked at as a hero like he is now.
I'm hoping that he falls flat on his face.
As a Hispanic, I can tell you he is not seen as hero. Most Hispanics, even those that are pro-legalization, can see through him.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:13 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,850,581 times
Quote:
He doesn't deserve to be called an American or have his name in the same sentence.
What you bellieve he "deserve[s]" and what he is... is irrelevant.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:42 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,499,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
As a Hispanic, I can tell you he is not seen as hero. Most Hispanics, even those that are pro-legalization, can see through him.
I hope you right.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:49 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,360,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
While I don't like the guy, nor do I like his immigration proposals, he is not leading foreign civilian. These people wish to become Americans, not give the land to their countries. Also, many of these families where there is an illegal parent, there is also a legal parent. In other words, legal immigrant married to an illegal immigrant.
But he isn't vying for the "legal" spouse he is an advocate for the "illegal" spouse (a foreigner) to be able to remain here. Correct me if I am wrong but marriage should have nothing to do the enforcement of our immigration laws and the penalty of deportation for being here illegally. If a citizen has a spouse who committed a crime should they not be incarcerated because it would separate them from their spouse? I don't think so.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,360,620 times
Quote:
What you bellieve he "deserve[s]" and what he is... is irrelevant.
Opinons are not irrelevant. Just like the pro-illegals have their opinions but are not based on our laws either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration