Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:38 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,676,088 times

Advertisements

Demands, Demands, Demands

Quote:
Gutierrez continued: “I don't owe my allegiance to a party. The party must owe its allegiance to the people. I want to make sure comprehensive immigration reform comes about. I really, really hope it comes about in a Democratic administration, but I really wouldn't care who gets the credit for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 10:40 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,438,277 times
Latino US Citizens take orders from him?

Old 04-21-2011, 10:41 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,489,294 times
Well then, those Latinos who stay home and refuse to vote if we don't allow illegals to have a free ride will be showing just how un-American they are and where their loyalties truly are.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,329,827 times
Unfreaking, unbelievable! So Gutierrez will not support a president who upholds the laws of this country? The party must hold allegiance to the people? Uh, that would mean the American people Gutierrez, not the Mexican people. Have I just entered the Twilight Zone?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:04 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,489,294 times
The question is...will Obama bow down? My guess is, yes, he will. After all, he's all about...

YouTube - Living Colour - Cult Of Personality

Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Unfreaking, unbelievable! So Gutierrez will not support a president who upholds the laws of this country? The party must hold allegiance to the people? Uh, that would mean the American people Gutierrez, not the Mexican people. Have I just entered the Twilight Zone?
Simply stated, Illegal Immigration is an American problem. You have solutions to the problems, so do I, so does Rep. Gutierrez. You may not agree with his solutions, but he is offering his solutions.

Jan Brewer, Russel Pearce, The Utah legislature, Sheriff Arpaio, NumbersUSA, NCLR, all have a right to fight for their solutions to be heard and implemented.

Gov. Jan Brewer and Russel Pearce just showed-off over a recent Immigration omnibus bill, which failed in the AZ senate. Both Brewer and Pearce would by any means be viewed as staunch Pro-active Immigraion reformers...on the same side. Yet they disagreed.

Even these two reformers[at least one of them] have realized...all or nothing will not work.

In a currently running thread, on Presidential canidates and their stances on illegal immigration, one thing was really evident to me...of the 12 issue topics by which the candidates were reated...the missing issue was deportation. Mass deportation was not even a topic.

An "All or nothing" stance most often yields nothing.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:59 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,492,301 times
This Latino WILL vote. Gutierrez dont speak for me.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,752,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Simply stated, Illegal Immigration is an American problem. You have solutions to the problems, so do I, so does Rep. Gutierrez. You may not agree with his solutions, but he is offering his solutions.

Jan Brewer, Russel Pearce, The Utah legislature, Sheriff Arpaio, NumbersUSA, NCLR, all have a right to fight for their solutions to be heard and implemented.

Gov. Jan Brewer and Russel Pearce just showed-off over a recent Immigration omnibus bill, which failed in the AZ senate. Both Brewer and Pearce would by any means be viewed as staunch Pro-active Immigraion reformers...on the same side. Yet they disagreed.

Even these two reformers[at least one of them] have realized...all or nothing will not work.

In a currently running thread, on Presidential canidates and their stances on illegal immigration, one thing was really evident to me...of the 12 issue topics by which the candidates were reated...the missing issue was deportation. Mass deportation was not even a topic.

An "All or nothing" stance most often yields nothing.

But Gutierrez is supposed to work for the interests of the AMERICAN people and illegals are not that. They are nothing but a population of foreign people living here illegally. If Gutierrez can only care about a group of foreign people, he should consider becoming a political leader for them in their own country.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:14 AM

3,564 posts, read 4,402,029 times
This one's for Mr. Gutierrez:

Supreme Court backs Arizona immigration law that punishes businesses - CNN.com

Mr. Gutierrez, as they say in your parents' birthplace. . ."chupate esa en lo que te mondo la otra." Translation: suck on that one, while I peel the next one for ya!

Old 05-26-2011, 02:11 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But Gutierrez is supposed to work for the interests of the AMERICAN people and illegals are not that. They are nothing but a population of foreign people living here illegally. If Gutierrez can only care about a group of foreign people, he should consider becoming a political leader for them in their own country.
No, He swoar an oath to uphold the US Constitution and represent all his constituents of his congressional district. He is not the President.

Since the US Census counts all persons to apportion congressional districts, then illegal aliens are also constituents. The federal government helps fund public education by way of population to a district...funds that include illegal alien students.

Ask your congressman if he does not seek federal funds to offset costs of benefits given by the federal government or state...in his district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration