Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:51 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
How's the place at Dover bay?
Well we checked it out today. The place is called Dish and it is a waterfront lunch/dinner place with full bar. Mac&Jack on tap and good Bloody Mary. Good lunch spot, fries were really tasty. Here is one of the dishes:

Also stopped at Dub's for ice cream. Word of warning: there is a reason that they offer a size "1/2 small" and that is because the medium I ordered was an XL in any other place I have ever been. It was huge. The technique to use if you don't want to look like a tourist is to invert the cone into a cup and eat it with a spoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elousv View Post
Well we checked it out today. The place is called Dish and it is a waterfront lunch/dinner place with full bar. Mac&Jack on tap and good Bloody Mary. Good lunch spot, fries were really tasty. Here is one of the dishes:

Also stopped at Dub's for ice cream. Word of warning: there is a reason that they offer a size "1/2 small" and that is because the medium I ordered was an XL in any other place I have ever been. It was huge. The technique to use if you don't want to look like a tourist is to invert the cone into a cup and eat it with a spoon.

I was at Dub's this afternoon too. My mom was shocked when she saw her "small" cone.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:49 PM

98 posts, read 233,260 times
I don't know if it was mentioned or not but we had a great meal and some of the best pie we ever had at Panhandlers Pies in Sandpoint. They made pretty much everything including the bread from scratch and had some specials that included a slice of one of their many pies.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG79 View Post
I don't know if it was mentioned or not but we had a great meal and some of the best pie we ever had at Panhandlers Pies in Sandpoint. They made pretty much everything including the bread from scratch and had some specials that included a slice of one of their many pies.
And Panhandler Pies gives you a free meal and a slice of pie for your birthday.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:58 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG79 View Post
Are you kidding? I am in Sandpoint as I type this, ate at Panhandlers night before last. I would not serve my enemy the "food" they brought us. The breakfast plate I ordered was awful, and the fish and chips my wife ordered was three fish sticks(!) and some fries. On the other hand, Connies is good for breakfast(except the biscuit and gravy), and Sweet Lou's has great food and a really nice owner. Ate lunch at Dub's, not impressed at all, but did not have ice cream. Sounds like we should have.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:18 PM

7,380 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Hey Countryboy, maybe our paths crossed at Lou's? I was there Wednesday night

I just got back from the Sandpoint area, four glorious days (but I'll be baaaack!). I didn't get a chance to have lunch at Connie's or dinner at MickDuff's (which we generally do) because I spent most of the time in Clark Fork. I'm not crazy about Connie's breakfast because of their pepper bacon, but I really like their lunch menu. Make sure you eat at MickDuff's! Try the Laughing Dog beer if you haven't tried it before...

Last edited by Clark Fork Fantast; 06-03-2013 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Date correction!

Old 06-04-2013, 07:48 AM

212 posts, read 308,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy73 View Post
Are you kidding? I am in Sandpoint as I type this, ate at Panhandlers night before last. I would not serve my enemy the "food" they brought us..
I don't think Panhandlers was *that* bad. I definitely wasn't moved by my dining experience there though. It wasn't anything special.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? I am in Sandpoint as I type this, ate at Panhandlers night before last. I would not serve my enemy the "food" they brought us. The breakfast plate I ordered was awful, and the fish and chips my wife ordered was three fish sticks(!) and some fries. On the other hand, Connies is good for breakfast(except the biscuit and gravy), and Sweet Lou's has great food and a really nice owner. Ate lunch at Dub's, not impressed at all, but did not have ice cream. Sounds like we should have.
Dubs just serves your basic soft serve ice cream, nothing speacial about it except that you get a lot of ice cream. A large size is huge. It is a nice place to stop in the summer and get a cone.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
Dubs just serves your basic soft serve ice cream, nothing speacial about it except that you get a lot of ice cream. A large size is huge. It is a nice place to stop in the summer and get a cone.
Agreed. Dairy Queen is better but Dub's is in Sandpoint.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:25 AM

98 posts, read 233,260 times
Quote:
I had lunch there so I didnt get to try their breakfast. I do give places credit when they make things themselves and don't simply reheat things they order off a Sysco truck. We didnt order anything special but the little touches of them making their own bread and the combination of price and the pie that caught me off guard because I wasnt expecting much there made for an overwhelmingly positive experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho