Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2016, 10:49 PM

29,225 posts, read 22,442,019 times

Advertisements

Wow. That's a big honkin' boulder in the middle of that slide!
Big slide, too. I wouldn't be planning any trips down 14 until July or August.
I'm glad the slide didn't make it all the way across the river. That would have been an immense mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 08:55 AM

7,393 posts, read 12,712,080 times
Draft SEIS on Rock Creek released - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News

Looks like Montana news, but it will affect North Idaho, too.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:57 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,915,855 times
Study: Idaho's Growing (and Younger) Hispanic Population | Unda' the Rotunda | Boise Weekly

New research from the University of Idaho's McClure Center for Public Policy confirms the Gem State is catching up with much of the nation in terms of diversity, due in large part to its growing Hispanic population. According to the report, Hispanic Idahoans make up 12 percent of the state's census. In effect, Idaho is "roughly where the U.S. was in 2000, when 13 percent of U.S. residents were Hispanic.

http://posting.boiseweekly.com/media...n-overview.pdf

Old 02-24-2016, 08:41 AM

District developing policy for transgender students - Idaho Mountain Express Newspaper: Education

The policy thoroughly covers issues facing transgender students in the district’s schools, from discrimination and inclusion in school activities such as sports and physical education to accommodations for restroom and locker room options.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:58 PM

318 posts, read 437,789 times
Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter - The State of Idaho

I would like to nominate our own Banjo Mike for his true and honest effort to make all of us better Idahoans.

Last edited by clearwater66; 02-24-2016 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: Correction

Old 02-24-2016, 06:27 PM

209 posts, read 317,491 times
Excellent suggestion, Clearwater!

Old 02-24-2016, 10:27 PM

7,393 posts, read 12,712,080 times
Hear! Hear!

Old 02-24-2016, 10:29 PM

29,225 posts, read 22,442,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater66 View Post
Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter - The State of Idaho

I would like to nominate our own Banjo Mike for his true and honest effort to make all of us better Idahoans.
Thanks, folks, but truly, I haven't done much compared to other folks I know.

If I was to win, it could be very awkward for Butch; I don't know if he still remembers me or not, but we're acquaintances from many years ago.
I knew him back in the day before he got into politics. We didn't exactly get along on a couple of occasions that are now 45+ years in the past. None of them were political in nature.

Even so, I don't hold our mutual ancient disagreements against him; I'm sure we have both changed and mellowed since then. I don't hold anything against him. Most of it was just being a couple of Young Turks at the time.

I have to give Butch credit for one excellent politician's skill; he's good at remembering people and their names. While I would probably be having a very good time, I'm not sure about him, and I wouldn't want to spoil the occasion for the others.

Heck, chances are, I might know some of the others too. Although Idaho is larger now, once a person starts to travel around and gets to know folks, this is still a mighty small state, and we all share a lot more in common than what we all differ on. Just today,
I had a good visit on the phone with one of my city council members. She called me up to give me some progress on a minor problem I brought to her attention, and though we never had met, it turned out that we knew lots of folks from my present and her old neighborhood. We talked about the problem for 10 minutes, and gabbed about our friends for 30. Where else does that happen?

That's one of the things I love most about living here. Sociability is a great binder and civilizer. Visiting with folks we don't know -yet- is one of Idaho's greatest strengths and best traditions.

And, for me, there's always a good story that can arise. Lord knows I love a good story! Everyone has at least one in them, too.

Last edited by banjomike; 02-24-2016 at 10:37 PM..

Old 02-29-2016, 05:43 PM

318 posts, read 437,789 times
February 29

May they all return home safely for this is going to be a multi generations long war.

BOISE, ID - The Idaho Air National Guard will make its first major deployment in the US-led fight against the Islamic State group. This spring and summer, more than 500 members of the 124th Fighter Wing based at Gowen Field will depart for the Middle East as part of Operation Inherent Resolve.
The mission will include multiple aircraft, pilots, maintenance personnel, security forces, medical personnel, and various other support staff. Deployments such as this typically last up to 180 days, with multiple departures spread out over the next several months.
“This deployment highlights the dedication of the 124th Fighter Wing and its members, as well as the community of families, state and local leaders, neighbors and employers who have demonstrated once again their steadfast and unwavering support of Idaho’s service members,” Governor Butch Otter says. “The impact on the community is recognized and their sacrifice is deeply appreciated.”

Old 03-02-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater66 View Post
February 29

May they all return home safely for this is going to be a multi generations long war.

BOISE, ID - The Idaho Air National Guard will make its first major deployment in the US-led fight against the Islamic State group. This spring and summer, more than 500 members of the 124th Fighter Wing based at Gowen Field will depart for the Middle East as part of Operation Inherent Resolve.
The mission will include multiple aircraft, pilots, maintenance personnel, security forces, medical personnel, and various other support staff. Deployments such as this typically last up to 180 days, with multiple departures spread out over the next several months.
“This deployment highlights the dedication of the 124th Fighter Wing and its members, as well as the community of families, state and local leaders, neighbors and employers who have demonstrated once again their steadfast and unwavering support of Idaho’s service members,” Governor Butch Otter says. “The impact on the community is recognized and their sacrifice is deeply appreciated.”
Good Luck to all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho