Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 07:07 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times

Advertisements

I have had two Kia Soul's and loved them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2016, 07:20 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,584,251 times
Vehicles such as the Kia Optima and Kia Soul have actually gotten some pretty solid reviews. I'll be honest though... I can't see myself buying something called a Kia. It sounds like a cute japanese dog breed.

Old 10-31-2016, 10:19 AM

37 posts, read 22,868 times
I currently own a 2009 Kia Optima and 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I've also owned a 2000 Sonata. Although I have not had any real problems with the Kia I prefer the Sonatas over the Optima. I have had minor issues like the esc key stays on, the controls on my steering for my radio works when it wants to (more often not). Also I seem to always have a problem with my rotors on the Kia (still on going) but to be fair I had the same problem with the 2011 Sonata once.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:09 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
We've had the 2014 Soul for over 2 years now and zero problems. I wish the tires would wear faster so I could get better all seasons for snow but they'll probably have another 10K miles on them before I can justify that.
If I were to replace this car I'd look at either a KIA Optima, a KIA Sportage or a Subaru Legacy or Crosstrek. Kia for the reliability nd build quality, Subaru for the AWD.

Old 12-20-2016, 05:34 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,192,103 times
Loving my Optima. I don't know what kind of "military grade" aluminum they made these cars out of. A few nights ago, I had a collision with a coyote that was the size of a one year old German Shepard. I was going 70mph and the only "damage" suffered was poo flung all over my driver side rear tire and rim. Had it been my previous car, I'd have a huge dent, possibly a gaping hole in the front bumper, and probably missing a headlight.

I went on a lengthy road trip in mid-October. I managed to average 42.9mpg with the LX model. I don't know if I'm some type of anomaly. I've talked to numerous Optima owners who are puzzled by how I'm able to get such high fuel mileage. On this road trip, I went through some mountain passes, lots of short, steep grades, and had about 500lbs of camping gear in the trunk and backseat.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:04 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
Loving my Optima. I don't know what kind of "military grade" aluminum they made these cars out of. A few nights ago, I had a collision with a coyote that was the size of a one year old German Shepard. I was going 70mph and the only "damage" suffered was poo flung all over my driver side rear tire and rim. Had it been my previous car, I'd have a huge dent, possibly a gaping hole in the front bumper, and probably missing a headlight.

I went on a lengthy road trip in mid-October. I managed to average 42.9mpg with the LX model. I don't know if I'm some type of anomaly. I've talked to numerous Optima owners who are puzzled by how I'm able to get such high fuel mileage. On this road trip, I went through some mountain passes, lots of short, steep grades, and had about 500lbs of camping gear in the trunk and backseat.
Not sure if anyone else picked up on this but............. Our dear friend Creature of the Wheel was obviously snapping a pic while doing 75 mph and on cruise. Please please focus on driving!!!!!

Old 12-26-2016, 09:38 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,192,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Not sure if anyone else picked up on this but............. Our dear friend Creature of the Wheel was obviously snapping a pic while doing 75 mph and on cruise. Please please focus on driving!!!!!
It was one a straight road. Y'know you CAN point a camera in a general direction while staring at the road, right?

Old 01-07-2017, 03:40 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
For the first time in our lives, we have a Kia sitting under our carport. Got a good deal on a 2017 Sorento EX so we got rid of our 2010 Mazda 6 with the passenger airbag problem. Actually liked the car, but my wife got sick and tired of one of us having to ride in the back seat while waiting month after month for the repair that never got done due to lack of parts.

Only had the Kia for a week so we'll see how we feel about it in a few months/years, but so far really like it.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:43 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,334,326 times
We had a Kia Rio while in Hawaii. I really enjoyed driving it!

Old 01-27-2017, 02:07 PM

55 posts, read 63,128 times
We have a 2014 Kia sorento, previously had a 2011 Sonata. Wife loves the sorento ( I've had about 40-50 cars and she has had about 6-10). She previously had accord, civic, altima, MDX, trailblazer etc, and so far loves the Kia the most.

The Kia dealership experience and service department leaves a lot to be desired though. I do all my own repairs but the Kia only has 36k miles so any warranty issues, I dread going to the dealership as they are incompetent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Hyundai and Kia