Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2017, 06:58 AM

410 posts, read 703,556 times

Advertisements

In the last few days, both Bridge Street and Providence have made facebook posts asking people to fill out Trader Joe's location requests for their developments. Is this just a coincidence or is this a sign that Trader Joe's is actively looking at Huntsville? I'm sure Town Madison or MidCity would do anything they could to get them too.

https://www.facebook.com/VillageOfProvidence/

https://www.facebook.com/BridgeStreetHuntsville/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 07:16 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,670,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennhioland View Post
In the last few days, both Bridge Street and Providence have made facebook posts asking people to fill out Trader Joe's location requests for their developments. Is this just a coincidence or is this a sign that Trader Joe's is actively looking at Huntsville? I'm sure Town Madison or MidCity would do anything they could to get them too.

https://www.facebook.com/VillageOfProvidence/

https://www.facebook.com/BridgeStreetHuntsville/

supposedly they have been looking for quite sometime.
I think Jones Valley would be ideal even downtown (Constellation or City Centre) but only Tj knows

Old 07-19-2017, 07:42 AM

3,297 posts, read 6,311,838 times
Providence would be a nightmare unless they come up with a space to build that has decent parking. I'm not walking two blocks thru Providence after fighting for a park to get groceries.

An outparcel location at Bridgestreet would make me happy.

Midcity would be interesting and a great location....I have wondered what will happen with Earthfare and if its going to make it. They closed their stores in Birmingham and Montgomery. Trader Joe's would fill a nice gap and probably be the death nail to Earthfare.

I was at Trader Joe's in Bham week before last, and was chatting with the manager while I was checking out, commenting how great it would be to have one here. He said he thinks both Huntsville and Chattanooga will have Trader Joe's locations sooner rather than later.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:14 AM

410 posts, read 703,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTMadison View Post
Providence would be a nightmare unless they come up with a space to build that has decent parking. I'm not walking two blocks thru Providence after fighting for a park to get groceries.

An outparcel location at Bridgestreet would make me happy.

Midcity would be interesting and a great location....I have wondered what will happen with Earthfare and if its going to make it. They closed their stores in Birmingham and Montgomery. Trader Joe's would fill a nice gap and probably be the death nail to Earthfare.

I was at Trader Joe's in Bham week before last, and was chatting with the manager while I was checking out, commenting how great it would be to have one here. He said he thinks both Huntsville and Chattanooga will have Trader Joe's locations sooner rather than later.
Agree, Providence would be a bad location in my eyes. Town Madison and MidCity would be tops for me. Would be fine at Bridge Street I'm sure, but I'd rather one of the new developments get it.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:17 AM

3,036 posts, read 3,670,634 times
" Asked if there have been any discussions about bringing Trader Joe's to the Village of Providence, founder David Slyman said, "All we can say is yes.""We have been in discussions with Trader Joe's for many years, dating back to before they set up an eastern U.S. distribution center," he told AL.com.
Slyman said there are several possible locations at Providence for a Trader Joe's. The proposed site is behind the park where the temporary stage resides."

There are no guarantees that they would locate there or even in Huntsville, but they know the city well

Old 07-19-2017, 01:09 PM

3,472 posts, read 4,898,981 times
Zero chance they would be stupid enough to put it in Providence. If one were to locate here, it would most likely go somewhere like MidCity which is easy to get to and highly visible or in one of the developments close to downtown.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:20 PM

396 posts, read 670,553 times
Downtown would be best, most accessable place. Would love to see it.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:14 PM

13,438 posts, read 9,954,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denofhc View Post
Downtown would be best, most accessable place. Would love to see it.
I suppose it depends on where one lives as to what a good accessible location is.

I think MidCity would be good, as would Town Madison. Providence is a great place, but a bit difficult to get in and out of.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:56 PM

3,011 posts, read 1,790,809 times
An update on new Terry's Pizza on Bailey Cove Rd is that they plan to open their doors by the end of August.

Terry's Pizza on track to open Huntsville restaurant by late August | AL.com

Old 08-02-2017, 02:54 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,235,873 times
YES!!! Been waiting for one of these since I moved here over 7 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Huntsville/Madison Development News-img_20170802_141920031.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Huntsville-Madison-Decatur area